Which method to clean stool frm yur DS/DD bottom?

liangmum

hi
which method is more hygiene to clean yur baby (below 1yr) stool frm their bottom?
1. cleaning using baby wipes
or
2. washing with soap n water

Mrs Xie

hi
which method is more hygiene to clean yur baby (below 1yr) stool frm their bottom?
1. cleaning using baby wipes
or
2. washing with soap n water
I would usually use baby wipes to clean her stool.....while before bathing my dd, would clean her "important areas'' with cotton wool n warm water, then bath her with soap lor...... this is what Im doing lah..... :tlaugh:

Last edited:

vodkager

soap and water.. it's cleaner! at first used wet wipes den bcos DS got diarrhea, changed to soap and water till now.. now if use wet wipes, i feel tat it's not clean enuff..:err:

Endoh

Alpha Male
When my niece was still an infant, we use baby wipes. I think it's also dependent on the sensitivity of infant's skin. Like my niece, she broke out into rashes when we use soap back then.

LoVeS

All along we use wet wipe to clean ds's bottom when got stool but after hearing wat KKH nurse told us is to use clean water to wash than to use wet wipe. She say wet wipe wont b clean enuff.

jennii

for me, first use 1 wet wipe to wipe off any residue, then use cotton wool with warm water to clean thoroughly. pat dry and wrap diaper.

if her bum is too smelly, i will wash ur butt in the tub. =)

weishy

hummm will dettol be too harsh????another way some mommies sugguested is to use 1)airtight plastic box,2)fill with cool pads,3)add some essential oil like lavender into water till soak and damp.

more cost effective.....trying soon hehhehehehe,yet to try out

`julee

soap and water.. it's cleaner! at first used wet wipes den bcos DS got diarrhea, changed to soap and water till now.. now if use wet wipes, i feel tat it's not clean enuff..:err:
I AGREE!!!
i use to use wipes wen she was smaller. but change wen she was older, easy, fast & cleaner..

liangmum

I also wash my DS bottom when he able to stand, easier to handle.
Like to check with those mummies with DD, how do u wash their bottom?
Cos for DS easier to wash bottom together with their penis if there's stool. As for DD's genitals quite difficult.