Which preschool to choose?

Ting

there r so many in SG, how to tell u which one?
u need to choose one yourself of cos.
for pre sch, only a few hrs right.
so find one near your home n also look into the curriculum n see what u prefer.
also check the sch's environment n if the budget suits you.

potato

The problem is that there are too many of them.. That is why i don't know which one to choose.. But i get your point, thanks! :)

littlehelper

why not list down a few and get comments on them then chose the one you like most and that your kid enjoys.
Which aread do u live in?

hope seow

Hi mummies,
Which preschool should i put my daughter in? Thanks!
Hi, you can try visiting a few centres that you have shortlisted before making any decision. Talk to the principal and ask about their curriculum. Will be good if the principal allow you to tour around the school.

I think importantly you have to feel good about putting your gal into your choice sch. As parents, we all have different approach in the way we want our kids education to be.

I personally prefer a preschool that focus more on the academic rather than learning thru play. :)

diymummy

There's a thread in the forum, I think the title is about Christian child care. There're some tips in there regarding how to choose a school for your kid. You might want to do a search and read up on it.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes there's a thread abt Christian Nursery in the west or something like tht.....you might want to check it out

For me, cos' my son is in PG full day now, so what i would choose for him is not acedemic, cos' the CC near my house offer tht, but they don't really care & love the children as much as my son's current CC

When the teachers are task oriented, they won't care much abt the children physically and mentally tht's what I feel abt the CC near my house for now.

potato

Hi mummies,
I read the tread already, it's nice to hear mummy opinions. :) Hm.. I'm a buddhist, so is there any other pre schools? Eton house, Pat's school house etc.. Are they pre schools? Just curious.. Their fees are rather ex? What about kinderland? Thanks mummies! I'm planning to enrol her when she turns 5? :)

diymummy

The thread for the christian pre-school has tips that applies to all pre-schools not just christian ones. That thread has guidelines in general of what to look out for in all types of schools.

You can try another forum called www.kiasuparents.com which has more feedback on preschools and such.

hope seow

Hi mummies,
I read the tread already, it's nice to hear mummy opinions. :) Hm.. I'm a buddhist, so is there any other pre schools? Eton house, Pat's school house etc.. Are they pre schools? Just curious.. Their fees are rather ex? What about kinderland? Thanks mummies! I'm planning to enrol her when she turns 5? :)
Hi, you may like to check out SOKA kindergarten. I did went there and talked to the vice principal Judy, very nice lady. I do like the environment and curriculum. Teachers also not too bad.

However i did not enroll my son there cos they do not offer pre-nursery programme that's for 3 yrs old. They only accept 4 yrs and above.

Btw, are you sending your kid yourself or by school bus??

Just a personally sharing, my 4 yrs old is studyin in pasir ris now where i live in tampines. I have been sending and fetching him for the last one yr till now. i seriously considering to change him to a school just within walking distance from my place so my helper can help to send when i'm unavailable. Plus i have 2 more younger ones and so if i'm going to register the other 2 in the same preschool, which means i'll have to do this for another 6 years till my younger one complete preschool. haha. I'm still searching out though... You may like to consider this point when searching out too.

All the best to your searching.

camom

Eton House & Pat Schhse are all premium preschools, that's y very expensive.

Preschools by my definition, are schools for children who are not eligible to enter Pri schools yet. Preschools in s'pore wld consist of childcares & kindys. If you do not want a church kindy, there are many many others around. You'll need to set your own criteria before you can start looking for a school.

Anyway, do not rely on the brand name only. Go and view the centre or school. The principal or director of the preschool plays a very very impt role. How well he/she runs the school will reflect the quality of the teachers, the materials, etc.

Last edited: