which private hospital is the best?

Excluding the gyanaecologist and cost, which is the best private hospital in terms of hospital environment (new and not old), service and etc.?

Catty

For me, i think Mt. Alvernia is the best as the price is very reasonable, the environment, service and food really makes me feel like staying there for few more days.. :Dancing_tongue:

veronica

For me, i think Mt. Alvernia is the best as the price is very reasonable, the environment, service and food really makes me feel like staying there for few more days.. :Dancing_tongue:
Have you stayed at TMC before? I would like to know is Mt A comparable to TMC interms of food, service etc.

I heard that TMC has revised their maternity package and its more expensive then I had 3 yrs ago. So thought of moving to Mt A since it could be cheaper.

Just curious, don't you gals go to where your gynae is located? Like, my obgyn's clinic is in TMC so naturally I gave birth in TMC. Don't all gynaes have a certain hospital they operate in? Like I said, just curious...

wenz

my gynae goes to both TMC and Mt A, so we can chose to go which one.. but my gynae will prefer Mt A more as according to him the parking lot are better den TMC in case i need to give birth anytime...

but den this time round i may be giving birth at TMC instead of Mt A, i dunno the diff yet but so far Mt A is very gd and price is reasonable.

Catty

Have you stayed at TMC before? I would like to know is Mt A comparable to TMC interms of food, service etc.

I heard that TMC has revised their maternity package and its more expensive then I had 3 yrs ago. So thought of moving to Mt A since it could be cheaper.
Nope.. I haven not stay in TMC before so i'm not sure about their pricing.

Mt.A
Food - just like those home cooked food especially the Soup (Yum! Yum!)

Service - All staff in Mt.A very friendly, got more carpark lots, the air-con in the ward can be very cold in the night..

veronica

I didnt know MT A has more car lots. But i find the car park far from the main entrance. At least if u compare TMC, they do have valet helping u park but for Mt A, I am not sure since each time we went to visit some friends, we have to walk all the way from the lot to the entrance.

jojoki

me going to raffles cos my gynae is from raffles. he delivers at mt A as well but if Mt A he ahve to arrange the date probably induce or c-sec. so i chose raffles... i know its not a popular choice for delivery but i heard patients says that their stay there is like hotel... i personally worked at raffles hospital for 2 weeks and find staffs there not friendly n warm...

My sister delivered in Mt A. My pastor's wife delivered in Mt A too! I don't like the place because it is old-looking. However, I have heard a lot of good things about the nurses and care...

wenz

I didnt know MT A has more car lots. But i find the car park far from the main entrance. At least if u compare TMC, they do have valet helping u park but for Mt A, I am not sure since each time we went to visit some friends, we have to walk all the way from the lot to the entrance.
Mt A do have more parking lots and have valet parking too... charges are $4 including carpark charges i guess... cant rem le..

LoVeS

my gynae goes to both TMC and Mt A, so we can chose to go which one.. but my gynae will prefer Mt A more as according to him the parking lot are better den TMC in case i need to give birth anytime...

but den this time round i may be giving birth at TMC instead of Mt A, i dunno the diff yet but so far Mt A is very gd and price is reasonable.
YES very agree tat TMC parking is very bad~ in fact quite chaos so wont b gd for visitors to park their cars too~

I personally feel tat Mt A is the best regardless price, service n the rest~ :tlaugh: For my #2 i am going back Mt A too~

Jane Chow

me going to raffles cos my gynae is from raffles. he delivers at mt A as well but if Mt A he ahve to arrange the date probably induce or c-sec. so i chose raffles... i know its not a popular choice for delivery but i heard patients says that their stay there is like hotel... i personally worked at raffles hospital for 2 weeks and find staffs there not friendly n warm...
I delivered at Raffles...I find the nurses very friendly and helpful..especially when I hv dizzy spell after delivery, they really take care of me and ensure that i am comfortable....really appreciate their services and care..

I am just curious how come so few mummies comment on Mt E. Would love to have more info on Mt E service and pricing although I know there is another thread for it but base on 1 feedback seems insufficient for me. :)

raeka

I delivery my boy at ME as my gynae at ME as well..
Pricing depend lah mine is a natural birth and only use the laughing gas so is much cheaper.
Well, ME nurse are very friendly and helpful. Their servicing is good but their bed not so nice to sleep .. haha

BiBiMummy

I gave birth at Gleneagles and the service there was GREAT, the nurses and the doctor was very very caring and friendly they even allow my husband to stay overnight with me (i dont dare to sleep alone) :embarrassed:.... They will also update you on your baby health and also they will tell you how is your baby right now.

jojoki

at raffles hospital.was excellent!! paid for 2 bedded but no roomate.. got the whole big room to myself. midwives were incredible.. super experienced and friendly. nurses efficient.. comes in less than a minute of a buzz... all trained in lactation n will help u massage ur breast n help u express colostrum n latch on.. all in really thumbs up experience!