Who help to take care of your new born while u are at work?

Edwinie

i really admire mums who can choose not to work anytime without considering the drop in household income and wife's pay is merely to supplement.. >.<

Carlisle

Oh my, I was faced with this very same dilemma when I gave birth to my son. Nobody could really take care of my son, we couldn't even find a nanny at the time. So the solution was, I had to give up my career and stopped working. I was taking care of our son for over a year, until we finally found a suitable nanny. So I simply had to start from scratch and applied to another company. I'm just blessed that my son's nanny can really be trusted, she has been with us for over 2 years now.

Ya I think infantcare would be a good idea.if get a maid, maid won't teach baby anything too. But can't bear to leave him there . Hai.... Gotta start sourcing for good ones. I closed my biz when I was preg with number one coz had miscarriages before. Now pop another boy so hubby gotta wrk harder loh. Maybe couple of yrs later then help hubby with expansion of his biz to support our family . No choice for now..

angelatan81

Infantcare charges vary depending on where you send to. Some can be really steep, think the cheapest and easiet way will always be our m-i-l :)

hpc

Can consider bbs if have gd recommendation 4 at least first 18 mths,baby won't fall sick easily,if work late bbs can help out.

I heard tat infant care is not one to one right? mayb is like 4 babys = 1 baby sitter
Ya I think most infant care sud be 1:2-3 . That's y best is if ur frens recommend . Anyone knows infantcare is for wat age to wat age? Is 13 months too old for infantcare ??

MOoMOoo

Hubby and me are now facing a problem... my mother in law kept finding excuses not to take care of our baby... before we are preg, she kept rushing us to and even want us to go for check up to see whether are we having any problem. when im preg now, she sort of refuse to take care of our kid... hai... she is working as a sales personnel and earning around $1400 per month (exclude commission) we did propose to that she quit her job and we will give her more allowance, around $1000 - $1400 if we can afford. in the beginning, she say ok but after hear say from her own sisters, she still prefer to work.

even if we are to hire a maid, there must be someone at home to see the maid, we do not want anything to happen to our child which may be too late to regret...

so who look after your new born when you are working? im thinking of quitting my job since my mother in law do not want to take care but this will result in less income in my side too... headache ya!!!
Hi Alisa, i happen to browse through and saw your thread. I have a similar situation and would like to share my experience with you. My baby is now 6 months old and is taken care by nanny that stays around my area.

I find that there is some advantage to have an "experience" nanny looking after baby comparing to maid. They are more knowledgeable about baby since they have taken care of several baby before. I find it is quite a relieve as this is my 1st baby and i really know zero about whats going on. But i always could consult the nanny what i should do and she knows better how to handle the baby. As you know so often bb change their habit and day after day they are developing so its always like new things to me everytime. The nanny know when to increase the baby feeding capacity when is the right time to give cereal, porridge and she try to let the baby poo about the same time and the baby sleeping time. She knows how to deal with the baby when she is sick or when the baby has colic problem. So i am more or less not so worry when i am at work. Initially i employ a maid before reach my Edd, but its alot of coaching and its difficult to coach when i dont even know how to take of the baby as its also my first experience. But they are helpful when it comes to housework. I send the maid back when my bb is about 3 months old. Its quite tough for my MIL to help take care of baby as she is oso old (65yrs old) already. Their strength are limited. The other think you have to consider is if you will really let the maid handle your baby otherwise at the end of the day you will still be the one looking after your baby. But of course its a bit tough when you have to take care of the baby after work and do housework also. For me my hubby could not help much due to his work timing and he has to work during weekends also. So i try to schedule my housework and do whatever i can. But trust me that things will get better as the baby grow. its tough for the first few month though but will get over it.

This is just my experience. It really depend on indiviual.

Its really not good to trust your babies to bbs, you don't know how they handle or treat them when you are away or no one is watching them while they are with your kids.

It is better be safe than sorry in the end.

:err:

hpc

Hay there are very good babysitter ok.If u 're looking for babysitter,ask around her area for feedback before engaging her.Some babysitter handle ur baby better u mummies,so mind ur words ,think before u say ..............