Why MIL like to behave in this way?

apollo

Finally, baby full month over ... haha... the buffet really not enuff for their frenz as they come late haha... but i cant be bother... their frenz gotta eat dumpling
nvm la... enough for ur family can alrdy... OoPs! HAHA!!!!!!!!

ger-mummy

haha... ya lor, heng i told my relatives & frenz come early sia, if not think their frenz will eat up everything... keke:001_302:

apollo

haha... ya , lucky i told my relatives & frenz come early sia, if not think their frenz will eat up everything... keke:001_302:
at least nw is she "xia suay" not u.. haha.. nvm la since her frens love ba zhang.. LOL...

MizfitMumma

Is your mother in law behave this way?

I change my dear daughter top when is wet.
(mother in law: change later , why keep changing)

Apply nappy rash cream everytime change nappy/diaper.
(mother in law: aiya, no need to apply everytime want)

I give her milk.
(mother in law: give her drink water first) mother in law give 40ml of water, then give her milk. If she cant finish milk or vomit out after finish, she said dear son waste the milk.

Even now, i ordered 35 pax of buffet for baby full month.
(mother in law: told you 30 pax can mah, i still got made dumpling ) She tell my hubby infront of me, lik my fault likdat sia. My relatives & frenz almost 40pax , then her frenz my hubby frenz ... all eat dumpling ... crazy
[/quote

Tell her, she can have the dumplings all by herself... MIL are mostly lyk dat. For me its the opposite. My mum is the one who make it difficlt for my hubby. Pity him... Anywayz, dats your son & you rulez. Have it your way. Dun listen to her..

ger-mummy

mummies out there, 31st may is my bb full month yest i br her out to walk walk with hubby... izzit true we( mummy) still cant go out even thot celebrate full month liao

sean-tan

ask your sister In law to give birth to one ... actually come to think of it, your sister In law dote your baby right? if not she'll not FOLLOW her haha...

i tell you , i so scare later pass here pass there my baby drop on the floor how?? i'll sure ki crazy ...

ya, my sil dote on my bb, to e extend of givin her coke, ice cream, n lots of junk food. coz my bb hv hard time passin motion, doc advise nt to giv her biscuits, but my sil love givin her al tis. so when my bb pass motion, she'll cry like hell, sweat al over n bleed.... heart pain u noe... she is nt tking care so she dunno hw painful e child is....

ger-mummy

Oh no, if bb got difficulty pass motion is very xin ku wan... they will cry & cry & cry. try change diaper when ur bb pass motion infront of her, & tell her that "see lah, now she cry & cry because got difficulty pass motion due to u giv her all kind of junk food". If she still buay zi dong, tell her str in the face... if not is ur bb suffer leh

Lin-12

Luckily im nt staying wif my mil...so everytime i see her, i just kip my mouth shut and only ans her question when she ask somethin...full-stop. Everytime she comment abt my baby i jus kip quiet...one ear in e other out...simply hack care her..And i insist that my mum does the confinement for me...And i managed to convinced DH to stay wif my mum as im a single parent child...Worried tat my mum stays alone...So we will be stayin wif my mum till we get our own flat and my mum will be staying wif us...Cant imagine staying wif my mil..I would rather commit suicide..She's those unhygenic type...Went overseas wif her recently and she keeps poking her finger to my baby's tongue...So dirty...Told her nt to do it but she ignored me...They r jus trouble...Luckily don't get to see her often...And one thing i hate abt her is tat she onli noe hw to take $ frm my DH and nv ever spare a tot for us before...Even my baby's full mth, she oso did not gif anythin to her...nt even once before...

apollo

ya, my sister In law dote on my baby, to e extend of givin her coke, ice cream, and lots of junk food. coz my baby have hard time passin motion, doc advise not to give her biscuits, but my sister In law love givin her al tis. so when my baby pass motion, she'll cry like hell, sweat al over and bleed.... heart pain you know... she is not tking care so she dont know hw painful e child is....
OMG! how can?? must listen to doc.. in laws are all weird weird de lo... my BB's PD say newborn cannot drink water den my grandmother-in-law keep asked me to giv BB water. when i say cannot den she say how can dun gif later in future BB dun lik drink water or heaty and she feels tt PD is talking rubbish cos last time they also feed babied lotsa water, but nw the formula milk and last time de is diffe... lucky my MIL understand aft hubby explained to her.. I so scare when BB full mth, Grandmother-in-law will keep pester me to give him water... old ppl, very diffi to explain to them lo.. sigh...

apollo

Luckily im not staying wif my mother in law...so everytime i see her, i just kip my mouth shut and only ans her question when she ask somethin...full-stop. Everytime she comment about my baby i just kip quiet...one ear in e other out...simply hack care her..And i insist that my mum does the confinement for me...And i managed to convinced dear husband to stay wif my mum as im a single parent child...Worried that my mum stays alone...So we will be stayin wif my mum till we get our own flat and my mum will be staying wif us...Cant imagine staying wif my mother in law..I would rather commit suicide..She's those unhygenic type...Went overseas wif her recently and she keeps poking her finger to my baby's tongue...So dirty...Told her not to do it but she ignored me...They are just trouble...Luckily dont't get to see her often...And one thing i hate about her is that she onli know hw to take $ frm my dear husband and never ever spare a thought for us before...Even my baby's full month, she also did not give anythin to her...not even once before...
u're right, u're reali lucky tt u dun stay with ur MIL if not i think ur BB gonna "eat" her fingers everyday... and u have a good hubby who's willing to stay with ur mum even aft ur go ur flat.. :001_302:

sean-tan

Oh no, if baby got difficulty pass motion is very xin ku want... they will cry & cry & cry. try change diaper when your baby pass motion infront of her, & tell her that "see , now she cry & cry because got difficulty pass motion due to you give her all kind of junk food". If she still buay zi dong, tell her str in the face... if not is your baby suffer

she noe.... she saw hw my dd crys... but she juz hack care n kept sayin i didnt giv her enough water...

ger-mummy

she know.... she saw hw my dear daughter crys... but she just hack care and kept sayin i didnt give her enough water...
huh, she know & still giv her... really buay zi dong. Even ur daughter drink plenty of water also no use lor, she keep giving...

LoveBebe

Oh no, if baby got difficulty pass motion is very xin ku want... they will cry & cry & cry. try change diaper when your baby pass motion infront of her, & tell her that "see , now she cry & cry because got difficulty pass motion due to you give her all kind of junk food". If she still buay zi dong, tell her str in the face... if not is your baby suffer
my mother in law also always give my daughter loads of junk foods.. especially chocolates & sweets.. my daughter always have a hard time poopoo.. once she didn't pass motion in 4days.. my mother in law ends up buying the liquid from herbs shop to insert to my daughter to pass motion.. very painful.. she kept crying & crying.. so poor thing..
:bsad:

apollo

she know.... she saw hw my dear daughter crys... but she just hack care and kept sayin i didnt give her enough water...
just tell her straight, if ur DD keep eating those juke food, no matter hw much water she drink also no use lo...

ger-mummy

my mother in law also always give my daughter loads of junk foods.. especially chocolates & sweets.. my daughter always have a hard time poopoo.. once she didn't pass motion in 4days.. my mother in law ends up buying the liquid from herbs shop to insert to my daughter to pass motion.. very painful.. she kept crying & crying.. so poor thing..
Ur mum in law like to waste $$$.

Ting

well, we will be future MILs too right?
maybe will become like tt oso?
i guess its just diff family upbringing n diff views we hv on teaching our kids.
for mummies, of cos they wanna bring up their kids in their own way, which, may not always be right.
for MILs, they tend to think they know more cos they r more experienced n this we cannot deny.
prob just tt now we r more modern n we follow thru more with science, while the MILs still go by their traditional ways.

try to compromise n accomodate lo.
if cant tolerate, then ear in n ear out.

after all, next time ya son/daughter hv kids, u also wanna hv a say in all these right?

Ting

my mum is like tt too.
everytime she eats sumting, pin wanna eat she also give her.
she knows how pin cries when she cant poo, she herself oso heartpain.
she give her losta fruits n all too but pin still constipate, n my mum still give her chips, chocs, sweets.
what im tryin to say is tt, it doesnt mean she dun care abt ya girl, but grandparents r like tt, they just wan to please the child.
she went to buy those herbs for your girl, shows she is concern, but maybe tts they way they treat constipation in the past?
bring your girl to a PD if she is constipated, doc will either insert medicine in her butt, or give med to soften her stools.
and also, why not tell your girl not to eat so much junk food.
gently remind her that if she eat so much sweets she will not be able to poo n tt she will be in pain when she tries to poo.
she shld be old enuf to understand.
when pin tries to poo n she has a hard time doing it, i will remind her :"see, u eat so much sweet n choc then u canot poo."

also, when u see ya MIL give her treats, let her hv a bit then take away, telling her:"okay, enough alr, later canot poopoo then backside pain pain."
then tell ya MIL tt she these few days haven poo, so better nt give her eat so much sweet, then go take a glass of water for your girl(then ya MIL cant say u nvr give her enuf water).

JMHO.

chocobazz

Is your mother in law behave this way?

I change my dear daughter top when is wet.
(mother in law: change later , why keep changing)

Apply nappy rash cream everytime change nappy/diaper.
(mother in law: aiya, no need to apply everytime want)

I give her milk.
(mother in law: give her drink water first) mother in law give 40ml of water, then give her milk. If she cant finish milk or vomit out after finish, she said dear son waste the milk.

Even now, i ordered 35 pax of buffet for baby full month.
(mother in law: told you 30 pax can mah, i still got made dumpling ) She tell my hubby infront of me, lik my fault likdat sia. My relatives & frenz almost 40pax , then her frenz my hubby frenz ... all eat dumpling ... crazy
Ur MIL got big problem ._. poor ur guests gotta munch on dumplings if food is not enough...anyway my MIL also the same... but she always do things behind my back like picking my DH clothes and wash for him and in the end i always doesnt have enough clothes to on the washing machine...someting wrong with their brain..

LoveBebe

my mum is like that too.
everytime she eats sumting, pin wanna eat she also give her.
she knows how pin cries when she cant poo, she herself also heartpain.
she give her losta fruits and all too but pin still constipate, and my mum still give her chips, chocs, sweets.
what im tryin to say is that, it doesnt mean she dont care about ya girl, but grandparents are like that, they just want to please the child.
she went to buy those herbs for your girl, shows she is concern, but maybe tts they way they treat constipation in the past?
bring your girl to a pediatrician if she is constipated, doc will either insert medicine in her butt, or give med to soften her stools.
and also, why not tell your girl not to eat so much junk food.
gently remind her that if she eat so much sweets she will not be able to poo and that she will be in pain when she tries to poo.
she shld be old enuf to understand.
when pin tries to poo and she has a hard time doing it, i will remind her :"see, you eat so much sweet and choc then you canot poo."

also, when you see ya mother in law give her treats, let her have a bit then take away, telling her:"okay, enough already, later canot poopoo then backside pain pain."
then tell ya mother in law that she these few days have not poo, so better not give her eat so much sweet, then go take a glass of water for your girl(then ya mother in law cant say you never give her enuf water).

JMHO.
yup, i did tell my daughter not to eat too much sweets.
but the moment she saw sweets, ice cream, she wanna eat! ><
so i have to keep telling my MIL not to eat sweet stuffs infront of her.
cos it's simply too tempting to her.