Will 2nd baby come earlier than the 1st?

pkshl

my mum was saying normally no.2 will come earlier den the no.1, this worries me as my no.1 came out at 35wks 3days. I had asked my gyne Y did my waterbag burst, he said it could be due to the thining of the membrane. den my mum said cos my feet were so swollen is an obvious sign that i was gg to give birth. now that im pregnant with my no.2, i cant stop worrying sometimes....:err:

liz2010

Don't worry or it's going to spoil your pregnancy. Each pregnancy is different. A friend has a premature first baby and her second baby arrived a week or 2 before due date.

As for my personal experience, my first baby was 1 week late. When I asked the OB-gyn what about the 2nd one, he said that in most cases, when the first is late, the others as well. This happened: my second one was 3 days overdue!

For your swollen feet, did you exercise during the first pregnancy? By that, I mean exercise like yoga, swimming or just walk a bit everyday.

pkshl

dont't worry or it's going to spoil your pregnancy. Each pregnancy is different. A friend has a premature first baby and her second baby arrived a week or 2 before due date.

As for my personal experience, my first baby was 1 week late. When I asked the OB-gyn what about the 2nd one, he said that in most cases, when the first is late, the others as well. This happened: my second one was 3 days overdue!

For your swollen feet, did you exercise during the first pregnancy? By that, I mean exercise like yoga, swimming or just walk a bit everyday.
for my 1st pregnancy, i did walk a bit everday.other den walking, i never did other exercises cos i was so tired all the time.

apollo

I heard that swollen feet is cos we drink not enough water....
yup, water retention is cause by lack of water. drinking more water helps to reduce water retention. i drank alot during pregnancy and i didnt have swollen feet :001_302:

pkshl

huh, but my gf told me cannot drink too much water or else will get swollen feet & water retention...:err:

so ive to drink more water to prevent water retention?

Phoebii Cheng

huh, but my gf told me cannot drink too much water or else will get swollen feet & water retention...:err:

Water retention is also caused when we consume too much salty food.....try to eat less salty food/ soups.....those normally tht we think is less salt like fish soup, in fact can be salty too

And yes drink lots and lots of water

pkshl mummy, don't think too much or worry too much:tlaugh:

shopaholic

2nd one was just as late as the 1st as both mine were induced after 40 weeks.
The 3rd one came early though. Arrived at 38.5 weeks. :)

Dont worry too much. I believe each pregnancy will be different.

apollo

oh well~ many ppl tot drink more water will cause water retention but the fact is, LACK of water then will cause water retention! shd drink more water daily. ard 8-10 glasses per day =)

my mum was saying normally no.2 will come earlier then the no.1, this worries me as my no.1 came out at 35wks 3days. I had asked my gyne Y did my waterbag burst, he said it could be due to the thining of the membrane. then my mum said cos my feet were so swollen is an obvious sign that i was gg to give birth. now that im pregnant with my no.2, i cant stop worrying sometimes....:err:
Take care of yourself and your baby.. Let's pray for your health... Take Care..

dflora

Not true..

My #1 was exactly 36 weeks and #2 was exactly 37 weeks. I had the same worries too cause everyone says 'the next baby will arrive earlier'. It gave me lots of pressure cause #1 was premature and my gynae said I had 50% chance of having the next one premature again.

I took extra care when I was with #2. Unlike with #1, I was too gungho.. moving ard quite a lot.

So relax.... It's just a myth. Observe and take care of yourself. The more you worry, the more stressful you will become. No good. Tell yourself and your baby that he/she will be born in full term. Psycho yourself.

Normally high salt or sugar level in the body will cause water retention. Tat's y u hv to cut down the salt n sugar intake n drink more water to clear the excess... :) For me, i dun hv any water retention at all during my 10mths pregnancy tat time...size of my shoe never needed to be increase... :)

izanyzam

My firstborn came 1 day short of my 39th week..Now im also pregnant with my No.2...Wonder how earlier he/she will come out..!! :001_302: