will baby be sticky to caregiver ?

pkshl

my MIL will take care of my newborn after i go back to work. i wan koe if baby will be sticky to her even though he's only there during daytime? nighttime we will bring baby home.

yakii

my MIL will take care of my newborn after i go back to work. i wan koe if baby will be sticky to her even though he's only there during daytime? nighttime we will bring baby home.
Most likely the baby will be sticky..but then mother will still be mother..cos baby listen to your voice for coming 10 month more then any other people..so u r still someone they will want to be wif

CanCanMum

its the same arrangement for me oso :001_302:, just tat is not MIL is my MUM.

so far my boy is only sticky to me :001_302:

pkshl

sign. i just hope my boy wont b that sticky to mil nxt time or else she sure will be so proud. previously she said duno will my boy b close to her anot, den she quickly say dun tink so la since i bring home every night...

Spiralng

Hv to depend on the baby, I doubt will be sticky cos you still bring the baby back everynight.

My MIL take care of my 2 kids since birth and I only bring them back every Fri night. During weekdays, I don't go and see my kids cos MIL don't like as the kids will wan to follow. Each time, when it's time to bring them home, my kids will be very happy even when they are few months old. It breaks my MIL heart when my kids cried and scream when she tease them by holding them back preventing them from leaving her house. So don't worry, your baby will still be closed to u.

snowbear

I think babies will be sticky to the person who takes care of them most of the time.

i think it's only natural for children to be emotionally attached to their caregivers, esp if their caregivers are loving & fun to be around with.

the best thing you can do is make the extra effort & go the additional mile to spend time with your chilldren.

nucleus

Alpha Male
Agreed with all the above replies ... you'd be surprised how shrewd and intelligent they can be... even a few month old baby... they instinctively know who is be protective of them and reciprocate through emotional attachment. They will also quickly learn how to get they own ways and take advantage of the more giving (less strict) care-giver.

My MIL takes care in the day and we take care in the night. My son is equally attached to both.... but when it sleeping time at night... he always prefers to snuggle up with mommy. :Dancing_wub:

I believe like in our case, your baby will eventually be closer to you because you will spend extra effort bonding with your baby by reading / story-telling / watching TV and playing stimulating games.... unlike most MIL who are only concerned with feeding and bathing... and putting baby to sleep.

finally.... at the sub-conscious-level, I think every child instinctively have a naturally emotional attachment to their mothers... so worry not!!

yennee76

I have similar fear as pkshl... and is thinking of putting my DD at infant care instead of being looked after by mil... hmm dun know if I'm making the right decision...

pkshl

I have similar fear as pkshl... and is thinking of putting my DD at infant care instead of being looked after by mil... hmm dun know if I'm making the right decision...
my only fear is my Bro-inlaw 2 older kids will hit my baby. this, my mum had highlight to my hubby but when time comes i will bring baby to MIL hse & monitor her, if she cannot cope i will get baby sitter near my house instead.

sometimes come to think of it, i dun really wan to leave with MIL cos still muz bring baby take bus to her place which i find really inconvenient but my hb insisted his mum to take care, so we will let her try 1st, if cannot we will find baby sitter. i already got some contacts liao, hope can use in due time.

actually not tat i dun trust MIL, i feel tat its beta if dun let her take care, less conflicts since she said im a fussy person.:nah:

ochklk

Me too, I'll be going back to work in June, my boy boy will be taken care by my mil too, I so afraid that my boy boy won't recognise me as I wear thick black glasses but when going to work, I wear contact lenses, then will fetch him back during evening time, hope he noe I'm Mummy... wahaha...