will c-sect scar fade?

apollo

nd advices from mummies who went for c-sect delivery...

will the c-sect scar fade when time goes by??

or there will always be a "pencil line" at the area?

uddermummy

my aunt went for c-section like abt 2o odd years ago and hers was the type that is a long cut down the tummy.

when she tried to show me the scar, we couldn't find anything at all!!!

so we may have to wait 20 years... hahaha

mine is like a lopsided joker smile. So ugly!!!

apollo

my aunt went for c-section like about 2o odd years ago and hers was the type that is a long cut down the tummy.

when she tried to show me the scar, we couldn't find anything at all!!!

so we may have to wait 20 years... hahaha

mine is like a lopsided joker smile. So ugly!!!
nvm la since u said it will fade off eventually.. hehe..:001_302:

cos initially i was kinda wry as i tot abit reddish-purple means infection cos tot shouldn't hav any color at all..

but since the mummies here all said the color is lik tt de then i shd not wry too much 1st hehe...

apollo

oh ya... should we always shave our pubic hair near the wound area?? or just leave it??:shyxxx:

pink_daisy

i still can see the scar there...kena c-sect twice liao.... but the colour has lightened... i always keep tat area clean n hairless.. hahaha

Amulet

my scar is lighter liao.. anyway, if never see properly, cannot notice la.. heng my doc cut it very low, even if wear bikini also cannot see..

CJmom

Mine still obvious. If really can fade till almost disappeared like uddermummy's aunt, will be too old 20 years later to be wearing bikini liao and nothing to show off then.

stonston

normal scar is reddish and purplish when still in healing stage. when finally heal, it'll start to be skin colour and become less obvious.

good skincare products can help minimise scarring also.

i had a breast lump removed ard 7yrs ago. i apply aloe vera gel on it everyday once the skin healed and there was minimal scar. barely noticable :)
my aunt also has this product called wrinkle guard. it's a special blend of natural oils which also helps minimise scarring (i use this for my boy cos it's chemical free).

Oppsgal

Mine no purple, but is red. Wonder when will go off...

Is like someone draw a red fat line with crayon.

Last edited: