Without yr hubby around

ellyeun

Anyone went through childbirth, confinement all alone without your hubby? how do you mummies cope?!?

seems like I might need to go thru everything myself, as chances of hubby being posted oversea very high....
:tno:

candy_ian

Hubby was with me when I had my c-section but he didn't stay nor take any leave throughout as it was family business n they operate in the night ai basically I'm left alone. I ordered confinement tingkat instead of confinement lady too n handled bb alone since day 1.
Don't worry! When what comes u will b able
to manage it naturally tho will b tough initially but watching your bb grow wld b the beat reward! U can ask your family for some support too.. :)

meiteoh

My hubby was with me when I was admitted after my water bag broke but because my parents came to visit, he couldn't stay for very long so I was actually alone during the day. On the day of my delivery, he came after the 2nd time they induced me and stayed until I had Eva. It was an emergency c-sec but because he's gets queasy easily in OTs, I went through it alone.

The first week I was alone most of the time as well - he'd drop by to spend some time with me in the afternoon or late afternoon but by 8pm or so, he'd be back packing up for our move to SG. I went through some really bad baby blues at this point but the midwives were all very understanding plus my hubby got some reading material to help me pass the time. I also spent most of it caring for Eva, trying to read her cues as best as I can and well, make the best out of the situation.

During my confinement, because we were moving, I was alone on some days/nights and it was really tiring even though my parents were around. I felt really frustrated at times and there were instances where I just broke down into tears ALL the time. My hubby would be so tired that he'd sleep through it. Yes, unbelievable.

If your hubby really cannot be there, get someone close to you AND supportive to be there. I had my parents there - close - but they were not exactly supportive of a number of things and were very critical as well...so not really good candidates for a lady who just had a baby.

ellyeun

sounds really tough for u!! no matter who u get to keep u company, i guess the feelings wont be the same as yr own hubby next to u!

Amulet

seek help and company from your own mom or friends should help abit.. :)

that's how single moms cope..

mag_huiling

It's a kinda "natural" thing for me. no help from my parent or relatives. handled my girl myself until 1+mth when i started working again.

My hubby was with me when i was in labour, but after that, i stayed in the hospital all by myself coz he got to meet his clients after that. Then the next day, he only came by inthe afternoon, and when i was discharged, i did my confinement at my mum's place. Hubby only came like every 2-3 days, but thank god i had my mum's help.

Dun worry, im sure you will get through it well!!

ellyeun

Seems like all of u here r so independent... I guess u mommies right.. With time everything will get by... ESP when it's for the lil one (;