work permit holder ..

i1babes

notice not so many mummies visit" full time mum club" here , but still hope some kind hearted mum can help me this question

im a work permit holder , but husband is singaporean ( i married in sg) , do i hv any maternity leave under employee/MOM law ??

if ur hub is Singaporean, I think ur child will be Singaporean and ur baby and u will enjoy watever benefit as a Singaporean although u r a work permit holder...

y not apply PR or convert to Singaporean if u have decided to stay at Singapore with ur hub and baby... I think is easier to get if ur hub is Singaporean

i1babes

yup ,im applying pr then i found im pregnant , so don know how ?? , online to MOM , they want me to submit my work permit no and how many month im pregnant now , but i didnt submit cos scare MOM ask me to stop work cos work permit holder not suppose to pregnant ( don know if husband is singaporean got any exception or not) , but i still dare not to submit.
anyway tnx for ur reply ..:)
and for sure my baby will be a singaporean, i just concern my maternetly leave :(

my col oso work permit holder and she still working even preg o.. anyway, I feel better reply MOM wor... wat if when u going to deliver and u haven got ur PR? mayb u can call n pretend u r the boss and ask for ur employee who holding work permit and pregnant but hub is Singaporean or asking for frien...

Don worry, the benefits(maternity leave, child care leave etc) are depend on whether baby is Singaporean or non-Singaporean.. If ya, then mummy and baby will enjoy all the benefit...

Btw, how long ago u apply for ur PR?

Last edited:
but my col hub not working in sg, so is not an offense...

hmmm.. better check with MOM o, don later they banned u to stay here o...

i1babes

yes i did try to pretend call , but they still need work permit No b4 they answer u any question .....:(
i apply on Aug then i found out pregnant end of Aug
Btw, how long ago u apply for ur PR?[/QUOTE]

don know le, hard to say one..

anyway, if u are working, is compulsory to let ur boss know that u r preg if u holding work permit le...

see whether they got any exception o not in order to cancel ur work permit lo... or whether can ask them approve ur PR asap? Nowadays too many ppl apply... bit worry oso...

hmm.... or pm me, I give u one email...

i1babes

dont know , hard to say one..

anyway, if you are working, is compulsory to let your boss know that you r preg if you holding work permit ...

see whether they got any exception o not in order to cancel your work permit ... or whether can ask them approve your PR asap? Nowadays too many ppl apply... bit worry also...

hmm.... or pm me, I give you one email...
already pm u

aIDa81

NO bcos i didnt work before married .. so i need no to asked for approval from MOM .
then mom already have yr record. coz when they approved yr work permit, yr company must have submitted yr marriage cert together, so I think its quite ok. dont let these worry you. The best thing is the check asap, so you still have time to plan, if let say they dont allow you to give birth here. whats your origin country?

i1babes

im malaysian .....i really not willing to give birth at malaysia ..:( is so much trouble for me n hubby ... my hubby keep say for sure i can give birth in singapore , he nv feel worry ..n ask me don think too much ..:(
but ofcos i did worry .... will check it asap ..tnx da81

and also tnx for lovely 0315 , will email him ..

aIDa81

im malaysian .....i really not willing to give birth at malaysia ..:( is so much trouble for me n hubby ... my hubby keep say for sure i can give birth in singapore , he never feel worry ..n ask me dont think too much ..:(
but ofcos i did worry .... will check it asap ..thanks da81

and also thanks for lovely 0315 , will email him ..

then not so bad, yah check asap then update us k.. ..

i1babes

hi ..lovely 0315, just go to my inbox, cant find ur pm anymore ..so sori can u pm me one more time ...tnx tnx ..n so sorry fot the trouble //paisek ...:embarrassed:

if your husband is a Singaporean I think your hubby can get you a dependent pass which can make you stay here in SG legally. My husband's on a EP and I'm currently on a dependent pass as well. Will be giving birth here in Singapore, thanks to his company insurance :001_302::001_302::001_302:

meiteoh

Instead of asking MOM, why not check with your company's HR officer or department? Some companies give out the same benefits for citizens or PR holders to those on work permit (eg, my company).

Also, I believe MOM states that maternity leave must be provided to foreigners or PR - Maternity Leave - Ministry of Manpower

...The employee is entitled to 12 weeks of maternity leave if she is covered under the Employment Act, regardless of her nationality. She will be paid by her employer for the first eight weeks of maternity leave if she has fewer than two living children (excluding the newborn), and she has served her employer for at least 90 days before the birth of the child. Beyond the first eight weeks, maternity payment from the employer is voluntary and the employer is not entitled to claim any reimbursement from the government....

hi ..lovely 0315, just go to my inbox, cant find ur pm anymore ..so sori can u pm me one more time ...tnx tnx ..n so sorry fot the trouble //paisek ...:embarrassed:
Hi,
PM replied. Sorry, now only saw ur msg.. seldom on mummysg now after format changed, it make my computer slow..