Working mummies with a maid

cheriedaz

Hi mummies, will like to check for those who are working and engaged a maid, does your bb attached to your maid alot? How do you manage working hrs and spending time with you little ones when your maid is the main caregiver in the day?

Im working,and has engaged a maid 2mths ago. And i can see that my boy is getting attached to her.. am quite concern on this issue..as i hope i seriously do not wish to my kids getting so attached to an outsider instead of his own parents. I do not mind my kids to get attach to his daddy..but ..it does bother me quite a fair bit on this issue.. can anyone share?

Frenchkitty

Work takes up LONG hours and also the best hours of your day, and when you reach home, it's only a short while before dark and the kids get tucked to bed.

I guess what you can do is - you come home, feed your lil one dinner, bathe and tuck him to bed. At least he still has some routine activities with you.

littlehelper

Don't worry much as your child will definitely know who's the mum and being attatched to your maid is only temporary.Also i gues your child seeks security whenever you are not around but when u are around i m sure he would prefer you over the maid( unless you are trying to discipline him of cos he would go to the maid)
Yeah do try to at least be the one feeding/bathing and tucking him to bed.
Also try to call home some times and ask your maid to let u talk to your kid.
He will soon recognis your voice. Well it works.
When i was babysitting a kid and his parents called home, i placed the phone next to him and he kicked and was smiling alot though he did not make a sound. (cheeky one)