worrying questions

babysparkz

dear mummies

can i ask

- when do u all switch formulas? as in when do u know it is time to change?
i recently changed my daughter from nanha to similac2. she actually completed similac 2 each feed which was never before when she is on nan2 but she didnt poo for 3 days most of the time

so is it ok for me to cont on similac or back to nanha2?

- she is almost 9mths, but when i feed her cereal those brown rice from nestle she wil keep wretching up and eventually puke out everything. even though i fed her really small baby spoon of them each time

therefore she is stil on all feeds - milk..is that normal

thanks for answering..

Phoebii Cheng

dear mummies

can i ask

- when do you all switch formulas? as in when do you know it is time to change?
i recently changed my daughter from nanha to similac2. she actually completed similac 2 each feed which was never before when she is on nan2 but she didnt poo for 3 days most of the time

- she is almost 9mths, but when i feed her cereal those brown rice from nestle she wil keep wretching up and eventually puke out everything. even though i fed her really small baby spoon of them each time

thanks for answering..
Hi babysparkz,

I stick to one FM throughout before my boy was 1yrs old, he took NAN, so I stick to it till he is 1yrs old then change to Friso....but if you decide to change, if your daughter is not showing signs of discomfort shoud be ok to change FM. As for not pooing for 3 days, is tht a really major concern to you? When she was on NAN HA2, did your daughter poo everyday or ...?

But some babies don't poo everyday....

As for the cereal, mayb you want to try other brands of cereals? there are plenty off the shelf or mayb oso those bottled food? or organic porridge? you can let your daughter try and see which she prefers?

Hope this helps

We are all learning together.....but most importantly, decide what is best for you and your daughter, don't stress :tlaugh:

NightKnowl

dear mummies

can i ask

- when do u all switch formulas? as in when do u know it is time to change?

thanks for answering..
Hi Babysparkz,

It's not healthy for a 9mth old baby to be on all-liquid feeds because just milk will not be able to give everything that she needs. I think you really need to just by trial and error figure out what your girl likes.

Maybe she just doesn't like brown rice cereal. Cereals from the Nestle Gold series are quite nice, my baby definitely likes those. Heinz has got this organic custard, it's the first thing I tried my baby on. There are also other bottled food, fruit-based kind of food, can try those.

As for switching formula, I did a switch from NAN HA to NAN Pro. Was on NAN HA as it was recommended by paediatrician, my baby was having constipation. Once he was more regular, I switched to NAN Pro but his poo pattern stayed the same. I guess in your situation, if your girl's pattern was daily and now 3 days, you may want to just monitor. Also need to take a look at the consistency of the poo, it may give an indication of whether she may eventually get constipated.

Hope that helps!

diymummy

I agree with NightKnowl. By 9 mths, your baby should be on some form of solids because milk will no longer satisfy their hunger completely neither will it be able to provide the essential nutrients for their growth. Within the first yr, though milk should still be your child's main source of nutrition, you should use the time to introduce a variety of foods, their textures as well as skills like sucking from a straw. The older your child gets, it might get more difficult to introduce such things.

As for switching formula, like NightKnowl, I switched from NAN HA to NAN Pro just like that. Though my PD recommends that I did so slowly, like replacing 1 milk feed first, followed by another until all milk feeds have gone to the new FM. This should also be done when you are changing FM stages.

HTH.

apollo

dear mummies

can i ask

- when do you all switch formulas? as in when do you know it is time to change?

thanks for answering..
since she is okay with similac, den just let her continue, dun keep changing the FM. =)

a 9mths old baby shd be on ard 2 meals solid food per day. my pd even told me to start ds with 3 meals solid foods tt time when he was ard 8-9mths old. but i stick it to 2meals. aft 6mths old, their FM are diffe alrdy, they move on to stage 2 FM, which the ingredients and nutritions are diffe from stage 1 FM. so they need nutrition from solid food in order to compensate whatever they used to take from stage 1 FM.

babysparkz

thanks mummmies

i jus went to buy this husky biscuit - heinz
but she jus piuked out everything again
i mashed the porriage with carrots/brocoli she also puke

=(

when she is on nan ha 2 - she poo at least everyday
on similac she poo 3 days once
so i dont really know is that worrying

thanks u for all the advices...
i wil continue tryin all on de semi solid sigh.. =(

Ros0818

hi hi...
for myself, my girl at first drnk Dumex Mamil Gold.. after 2 mths, we changed to Friso 1 till she's abt 6 mths... Now drinking Friso 2.. When we try to change milk or steps from Step 1 to Step 2, we followed a guide from Dumex on giving the milk alternately.

Now my girl oni eat porridge mix w either carrot, chic, fish, potato.... gave her a diff menu every day.....

:Dancing_wub: