y cannt drink plain water during confinement period?

Queenbabe

can drink but not so much ........ anything for confinement is special ........ food ........ drinks .......... :)

During my confinement then... I drank a special brew of red, black and I think blue dates (special kind) + tender mother's love for an entire week. Believe this helps in curbing water retention coz I didn't suffer any water retention.
But my sis didn't coz' she said... old folks' tale and chose not to drink and suffered.

Uhm.. think about it?

Last edited:

Cream

Initially I thought I would never be able to survive with plain water... But my mum told me that if I drink plain water, my face will bloat... (wonder if she is trying to scare me). But of cos, she won. She managed to scare me, so I drank the red date, black date, tang shen, longan + dunno what tea the whole one month. Then when I first sip on plain water after that, I felt weird. It's like plain water is so disgusting.. lol...

CAN DRINK.but not too much......................

i also dunno reason why... be it water retention... or plain water alot air... many reasons...

just b queen during confinement okiiiiii..

Pwiincess

CAN DRINK.but not too much......................

i also dunno reason why... be it water retention... or plain water alot air... many reasons...

just b queen during confinement okiiiiii..
During my hosp stay at KKH, i dranK plain water on the 1st day as MIL havent bought the red dates drink. The next day i woke up to find a BLOATED face (no joke!) I was sO scarEd thaT i didnt tOuch any plain water until after cOnfinement.

uddermummy

i drank lots of water in the first month cos i was v thirsty (breastfeeding) and hot and perspiring all the time.

good that i drank so much cos my complexion was so clear, and i didn't have any prob moving my bowels.

I also drank red dates, but not so much cos i found them too sweet.

kenxf_03

Hi Mummies,

I also have the red dates + longan + ginger drink thru out during my confinement. My MIL asked me not to have plain water during my confinement cos she said will cause water retention. And ur tummy will be very flabby.. Not too sure how true it is.. But I did drink plain water as well but MUST be WARM water loh.

But the assistant at my gynae said for breastfeeding, u need to have more intake of fluid.. If not, u wont have enough supply of BM.

loonshi

From what I know is during confinement if u drink plain water, your tummy will not be "flatten" meaning your tummy will still be there n look like though u r still preg. They call it water tummy.

Also plain water is quite "cooling" so advise is not to take. I took the red dates water everyday through out the 1 whole month.

MrsNeo

I agree with Loonshi.

My dad and "elders" warn me too not to drink plain water during confinement as tummy will "water swell" (in chinese)..
very hard to be flat after that.

So is better to play safe :D

temari

no one tell me cannot drink water. my IL only give me 3 cups of red dates to drink everyday.so i no choice have to drink water during my confinement. now i cnt get rid of my bloated stomach.

PinkDiamonds

My CL encouraged me to drink lots of plain water! Especially if you're breastfeeding you'll definitely need to replenish a lot of fluids. I also had the red dates/longan drink. CL made probably 2-3 litres a day. So I will alternate between that and plain water. It's also good to drink water before, during & after you breastfeed because it helps with milk production.

diymummy

I drank lots of water too and my tummy is no where near bloated. I had only 500ml of longan red dates tea during my confinement everyday.

tj nora yenti

My sister after gavebirth her doctor told her drink more water so that her milk supply will come out alot ( she bf her daughter from birth till 2 years. My confinment period i cant drink water, in the end i cant bf my baby

tj nora yenti

Also after i drank longanreddatewater
I've got throut pain (so dry) and pain in my throut. My FIL keep insistme todrink. But i justsaid sorry icant drink it, ( you want me lost my entire voice?) lol

felicity

In the first few days my mum made the water brewed from fried brown rice n ginger, and the red date longan tea. The former was kinda too heaty for me.. I had ulcers n itchy throat n it's quite a torture as I cannot cough if not the stitching may be affected adversely.. Already slight cough cause the wound to hurt... So after first week I just hv the latter. I told my mum I wanted to take water cos I need lots of fluid for breastfeeding n I'm becoming heaty with ulcers, but she doesn't allow... So wat I do is dilute the hot red date longan tea (my mother make n put in thermo flask) with plain water and drink it warm.

tj nora yenti

I dont like my FIL he so kpo and buy some more longan & dates at chinatown. I'm confinment not him some he said drink more good for you.
You guess what? I cant have bf for my bb cos of that i start pain in my throat. Then i email my doctor, he said i must drink more water cos it will help you get more bf for me bb.
Vomit blood with my FIL