Yaya papaya Gynae!

jal

This private gynae I have been seeing at Mutual HealthCare for Women speaks to her patients in a certain manner when she is feeling tired.

Recently I went to see her for a follow-up. I asked her a list of questions that had been accumulating in my mind since I dun get to see her every month. She replied in a very tired manner & had this "Why are you asking this question? Are you done???" kind of look plastered on her face the whole time. When I asked certain questions, her reaction was less than positive. She said sarcastically to me "I thought you are an expert by now?" To which I wanted to reply the following but did not "If from mere reading of net articles, I can become an expert, let us exchange places & lemme earn big bucks."
Later on, she even remarked in an unpleasant manner "I think you are reading too much!"
What is wrong with patients asking questions? Especially when they are fully paying patients??? I pay for the amount of time I am in the room so I believe I deserve professional service. Unfortunately, I did not get it. And anyway, there was only 1 patient after me.

I would like to know if gynae should take a look at our BBT chart. I showed her mine & she was not the least interested in looking at it. In fact, she pushed her chair further away from me & turned away elsewhere.

Terrible gynae. So yaya papaya & totally unprofessional. Do a lot of gynae behave in this manner?

CanCanMum

hahahh~~~~mebbe she thinks since you know so much then why still ask me?

mebbe she thinks childbirth is chicken feet (coz shes also a woman mahh) and why are you so uptight??

to me i find female gynae is like working for female boss

woman + woman = buay gum lols~~~

my GF also has a female gynae

whenever she complains to her regarding backache etc the female gynae will also be sarcastic....

bo bian lorrr....bear with it for a while ......as long as she is responsible, experienced and delivers your baby safe and sound will be most important.

ps: mine is a male gynae~~~

fioncess

Mine is a female gynae. cos i feel uncomfortable ard a male gynae. But mine was good. had a very pleasant experience. Intend to go back to her for my second baby when i have 1. =) If you feel uncomfortable i guess u shld look for other gynae. enjoy your preg period n not let this things bother u. =)

hui_ru_88

In nursing profession, nurses also believe if one has to seek treatment, one will always look for male doctors as they tend to be more gentle.

Thoses nurses' mentality is male doctors are guys, so while in contact with female patients, they might to be more gentle as they will never understand the pain they are imposing on the patients.

However for my case, I took a female gynae as both my husband and I felt more confortable. My gynae is okay. She is patient and answer whatever questions we have for her. Her diagnosis is always accurate and she really think from patient's point of view.

nsync_su

In nursing profession, nurses also believe if one has to seek treatment, one will always look for male doctors as they tend to be more gentle.

Thoses nurses' mentality is male doctors are guys, so while in contact with female patients, they might to be more gentle as they will never understand the pain they are imposing on the patients.

However for my case, I took a female gynae as both my husband and I felt more confortable. My gynae is okay. She is patient and answer whatever questions we have for her. Her diagnosis is always accurate and she really think from patient's point of view.
I agree with u. Male doctors r more gentle. I had a male doctor. He's really great!!! My hubby like him so much tat they became friends. He even gave us his personal hp number. And when i got to know i was pregnant for the second time, he was very happy for us. But when things didnt go our way, he advised us like a friend. When i had a miscarriage, hubby sms him and he came straight to the 24hr clinic just to see how i was doing. He even explained to hubby how the process goes after miscarriage. Till now, we both r so to know a doctor so concerned and caring to his patients.

CanCanMum

woo~~~so nice and sweet of him to do tat~~~~beyond his responsibilities~~~

mine was John Tee from kkh

gentle and nice like a father~~~BbpHir3 oso likes him a lot ~~~

BbpHir3

I dun lyk him cuz i still thinks he noes my mum~~~~~ hahahaha...
A/Prof John CS Tee is quite a good gynae.. I'm seeing him for my 2nd preg oso...

jal

hahahh~~~~mebbe she thinks since you know so much then why still ask me?

mebbe she thinks childbirth is chicken feet (coz shes also a woman mahh) and why are you so uptight??

to me i find female gynae is like working for female boss

woman + woman = buay gum lols~~~

my GF also has a female gynae

whenever she complains to her regarding backache etc the female gynae will also be sarcastic....

bo bian lorrr....bear with it for a while ......as long as she is responsible, experienced and delivers your baby safe and sound will be most important.

ps: mine is a male gynae~~~
But I feel very paiseh around a male gynae. Imagine a male doctor doing a PAP smear for you! Eh... Yeah, to them it is just a job, but to me, I am exposing my private part to a male who is NOT my hubby... I am thinking of changing gynae. Can't stand her & that is already NOT the first time. I am not sure if she is married or have kids already. Maybe she is still a single???

CanCanMum

But I feel very paiseh around a male gynae. Imagine a male doctor doing a PAP smear for you! Eh... Yeah, to them it is just a job, but to me, I am exposing my private part to a male who is NOT my hubby... I am thinking of changing gynae. Can't stand her & that is already NOT the first time. I am not sure if she is married or have kids already. Maybe she is still a single???
dun be surprised horr some female single gynaes are equally as bad lols~~~~

i find it ok wif a male gynae.....

if u r really bothered by it please go ahead to change a more motherly kind~

think there are a few recommendations of good female gynae around in the forum.

camomile

just for laugh..

long time ago when women give birth there's no epidural right? so the birth mother will scream in pain and agony.

Guess what the nurses say to one of them.

"when you are making love, I dont think you are making as much noise, so bear with it!!"

Its another horror nurse story in singapore but i dunno which one hospital.

CanCanMum

just for laugh..

long time ago when women give birth there's no epidural right? so the birth mother will scream in pain and agony.

"when you are making love, I dont think you are making as much noise, so bear with it!!"

Its another horror nurse story in singapore but i dont know which one hospital.
wahahhaha~~~~hump tump the nurse~~~~lols~~~~

shiseru

just for laugh..

ROFL! Still make noises but differently, 1 is moaning to express pleasure while another is screaming to express pain :blaugh:

uddermummy

i think you should change gynaes. mine was like that and even scolded me when i asked her about my delivery options!!!

i quite regret not changing cos by that time i was already 36 weeks and had paid for the package. in the end, had to kenna emergency c section cos i think she asked me to go to the hospital too late. :(

jal

just for laugh..

Ask that nurse to F off. It is NOT funny to a woman experiencing intense labour pain.

jal

Oh I forgot to add on one part. She had been purposely negligent in her treatment of patients. There was one time she recommended me to take clomid to boost my chances of conceiving. I saked her if there was going to be any side effect. She said there was no side effect & asked me not to worry & just take it. It will not do me any harm. At that time, I had not read up on anything yet & so I believed in her professionalism. A few months later, I happened to read up on the negative side effects such as the risks of simultaneous multiple pregnancies, ovarian cysts, etc. And she had told me NO side effects??? I wanted to bring this up to her for not letting me make an informed decision that time but judging from her yaya papaya attitude at my last appointment & her "can you get out of my room asap" look plastered on her face, I did not bring up the matter...