Young mum! I feel lost about what to take careful note of!

micht

Hope some mummies can give me tips on what to take note of especially in this first trimester. I am only 4weeks pregnant! Haven't gone to a gynae yet. So excited!

snowbear

First trimester's usually quite a trying time for mummies if morning sickness is bad. Morning sickness starts about 6 weeks onwards and tapers off after 11 weeks. Most women suffer from morning sickness (though termed as morning sickness, it can actually occur at any time of the day and even the whole day as it was for me) but if you're one of the lucky few (like my sil), you may not have to go through it.

Eat nutritious food and refrain from carrying heavy things or doing high intensity exercises as pregnancy in the first trimester is not stable yet. :)

micht

Yeap thanks loads! I have been reading up all about this stage.. but haven't really heard from personal experiences yet, that's why I signed up in this forum. hehe. I expect morning sickness ah.. but hopefully nothing serious. Just want my baby(technically fetus) to be healthy that's all! :)

MomoMummy

congrats! hmm i dun have any morning sickness. feel like vomiting but i nv vomit since i pregnant. hmm i dun eat pineapple.. dunno true but i scared it affect my baby.

be extra careful when walking. i fell down in the toilet during the first trimester. :nah: but lucky nothing serious.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

i used resources from www.babycenter.com.sg and i bought a book called "what to expect when you're expecting". i refered to these 2 most when i was pregnant.

do take note of what you eat. eat nourishing stuff. avoid half cooked and raw stuff. start to drink milk for pregnant mums. i had to go for an emergency c-sect for my baby because of pre-eclampsia which is pregnancy high blood pressure. i read somewhere that one of the suspected causes was lack of calcium.

take care of your health. enjoy the priviledges that people give you ;)

Renzie

micht

Congrats! I'm expecting for the first time as well !~ Still reading up on what to expect and such. Yeah, morning sickness started hitting me around my 5th to 6th week. But its usually in the morning I feel the best, then slowly the lost of appetite and nausea would start coming. Would feel tired very easily as well.

Doc asked me to eat more veg and fruits. No more half-cook to uncook food for me. Have to cut down on Caffeine as well; hubby don't allow me to take anymore caffeine. So its milo milo milo. haha.

Hubby's parents force me to wear slippers around the house now. They are so afraid that I'll slip and fall. (I'm very clumsy). And had a couple of near incidents, especially in the toilet. Do take good care of yourself, and enjoy!

micht

Aww.. Thanks everyone! I am only in my 4 week+. hahaha.. so nothing much is happening.. yet! I am very excited.. To all those who are still expecting, pls take care yah!
Oh by the way, any gynae to recommend? I don't really understand the whole process of what a gynae can do and what do I need to expect from a good gynae..

hueychye79

Aww.. Thanks everyone! I am only in my 4 week+. hahaha.. so nothing much is happening.. yet! I am very excited.. To all those who are still expecting, pls take care yah!
Oh by the way, any gynae to recommend? I dont't really understand the whole process of what a gynae can do and what do I need to expect from a good gynae..
I am first time mtb and basically I am those 'boh chap' type mum..... :001_302:

First trimester - take lesser caffeine drink, drink lesser ice water, didn't take watermelon and pineapple.

Second trimester - start to take cold drink in moderate, eat whatever I want!

Third trimester - take cold drink if I want, eat anything I want, sometimes eat the half boil eggs once a week.

Of course, no raw food from first trimester until now... :tlaugh:

You are only 4 weeks pregnant.

If you visit gynae now, gynae maybe only can detect the sac and definately will ask you to go back 2-3 weeks later.

For my case, when I visit gynae only 6 weeks pregnant, and only detect the sac.

She ask me to go back 2 weeks later, and luckly can detect the baby heartbeat. (Gynae only will confirm you are pregnant when detect baby hearbeat) :shyxxx:

My gynae is at Thomson Medical Center, where you decide to deliver?

redjn

and
to
. I like to recommand my gynae, he is a very good gynae & a very cute & funny one too. you will not feel stress out by him. you can read lots of review on him online. His details :

Last edited:

Renzie

Yeah, when I went to the gynae at about 3-4 weeks, she couldn't detect anything and told me to return 2 weeks later, and when I did. hee~ she detected the heartbeat. ^^

karoru

congrats, renzie mummy!!! enjoy the pregnancy process ya... my first trimester was horrible with morning sickness, constipation, heatiness and etc... did not enjoy at all... emotions was also always up and down... a lot of insecurity and uncertainity... was even admitted to kkh coz of spotting... doc even suspected that i may suffers from miscarrage...

second trimester was better... morning sickness and etc began to subsize during the mid of second trimester... the happiest moment was the detailed scan during the 20 weeks... we were so happy to know that baby is healthy growing and baby is a boy... started shopping madly for my boy... tummy also become bigger... hee...

now is my third trimester.... face and all parts of body badly bloated and swollen due to water retention... feel so ugly but i know it is going to end soon... coz baby boy will come out anytimes... tummy also become bigger and heavier... lol

Renzie

congrats, renzie mummy!!! enjoy the pregnancy process ya... my first trimester was horrible with morning sickness, constipation, heatiness and etc... did not enjoy at all... emotions was also always up and down... a lot of insecurity and uncertainity... was even admitted to Kandang Kerbau Hospital coz of spotting... doc even suspected that i may suffers from miscarrage...

second trimester was better... morning sickness and etc began to subsize during the mid of second trimester... the happiest moment was the detailed scan during the 20 weeks... we were so happy to know that baby is healthy growing and baby is a boy... started shopping madly for my boy... tummy also become bigger... hee...

now is my third trimester.... face and all parts of body badly bloated and swollen due to water retention... feel so ugly but i know it is going to end soon... coz baby boy will come out anytimes... tummy also become bigger and heavier... lol
Karoru mummy! Your baby is coming soon! Must be so excited!
haha. I totally understand the constipation and mood swings part. It's kinda hard to enjoy the pregnancy when nausea starts hitting. haha. But for the life inside of me, it's worth it. :wong19:

karoru

yes, very excited... keeps thinking of how is labour going to be and etc... hee... almost 95% ready for his arrival... going to wash his clothes and etc 2moro morning and get ready coz he may be out anytimes from now... so better get ready first... hope labour will go on smoothly, too... yes, it is all worth it for our darling... =)

LWP6998

Alpha Male
Kimchi's? i think kimchi (korea preserved vege) not advisable too... maybe some korean MTB can further clarify?

Renzie

yes, very excited... keeps thinking of how is labour going to be and etc... hee... almost 95% ready for his arrival... going to wash his clothes and etc 2moro morning and get ready coz he may be out anytimes from now... so better get ready first... hope labour will go on smoothly, too... yes, it is all worth it for our darling... =)
Have faith, your labour will be smooth ^^.

I sure hope I'll be as ready and prepared as you when the time comes. Somehow will always have this nagging feeling that something is missing. haha.

thepinkdot

just keep this in mind when you eat.. everything in moderation. try to balance ur diet even though u might not feel like eating it.

New Mama

do take note of what you eat. eat nourishing stuff. avoid half cooked and raw stuff. start to drink milk for pregnant mums. i had to go for an emergency c-sect for my baby because of pre-eclampsia which is pregnancy high blood pressure. i read somewhere that one of the suspected causes was lack of calcium.
gynae says my risk of pre-eclampsia is on the higher side too...any advice on the dos and don'ts?

gynae says my risk of pre-eclampsia is on the higher side too...any advice on the dos and dont'ts?
hi new mama,

i read in a magazine once that studies suggest (it didn't say confirm) that taking calcium supplements before and in early pregnancy prevents pre-eclampsia in some (not all) women.

my gynae was telling me that generally the causes of this condition is still unknown.

you might want to refer to these 2 sites for more info
Pre-eclampsia
Diet and pre-eclampsia

the two sites are from www.babycenter.com.sg