Young single mummies please fall in!

engel

Wah 38.5 you still consider slight fever ah? Better bring see doctor ..

Kool fever pack i was told by another mommy can only be used on kids 1 year old and up.. cos that time i asked her why don't use that kool fever pack, she said the package put not advisable to put on kids below 1 years old.. :(
Used it on my 6 mth old when she had fever though ..:) but not straight from cooler, gotta let it b slightly lower than room temp before placing so baby wouldn't b shocked, and have to cut to smaller size...:/ .... I was more afraid of her brains being 'fried'....:p

Carisella

Used it on my 6 mth old when she had fever though ..:) but not straight from cooler, gotta let it b slightly lower than room temp before placing so baby wouldn't b shocked, and have to cut to smaller size...:/ .... I was more afraid of her brains being 'fried'....:p
haha.. true true!!.. but then i was wondering why cannot also.. last time i remember my mom told me said i had adverse reaction to the polio jab then had super high fever.. i was dumped into ice water by the hospital nurses to bring down fever .. > - <.. the kool fever pack shouldn't be so bad ba

engel

Omg.... Ice cold water? The thought alone kinda freaks me .... Then again kids nowadays alil more 'sheltered' .... Older generation seems more resistant to viruses..So there must b some gd in the 'tough' treatments..... Hiaz...

JoyceAng

I sponge him with normal water and used the kool pack. Within 20mins, fever went down to 37.0 degree and 1 hour later became 36.5.. He slept throughout and next morning okay already., I always believe that it's best not to keep seeing doc unless really serious. And baby's temp is always higher then adults. Normal baby temp at night can be 37.8 degree. Anyways I am so glad bb is good now! :)) thanks for advising me to sponge and use the kool pack! :)

engel

Hehe... Sorry man, I'm a lil on ks side for #1... brought her in to paedri even for heat rash:p ....

Glad your son is alright now...:D

JoyceAng

Yes.. now got abit of rash though.. but i could see his gum swelling a little at the bottom.. can't wait to see his teeth pop out.. :)
How old is your girl?

engel

Yes.. now got abit of rash though.. but i could see his gum swelling a little at the bottom.. can't wait to see his teeth pop out.. :)
How old is your girl?

That's fast, mine didn't show till she's abt 9 mths... Haha
she's 14 mths now... #2 expecting anytime now.... 10 days till Edd...

JoyceAng

Yes congrats! wah.. your age gap between them also quite close.. u intend to go which hospital? mine was at Mount A.. I think Mount A quite good :)

lingx

hi joyce, my bf's sister went to mt A too, and they gave a lot of stuffs. im going to tmc, but im nt sure if its as good as mt A.. so far still cant find anyone who went there.

engel

Haha... Thanks... Both girls though:)

Age very close cause we were not on the ball with conceptratives... Lol....

Gonna deliver at glenE... Was satisfied with the first delivery there:)

lingx, tmc should b gd bah.... Alot of ppl deliver there as well:)

Hi~ I am 20 this year. My boy is 5 month plus.. Just want to ask if anyone's baby is teething now? Because mine is having slight fever this two days...
I am getting abit worried.
Hi Joyce, my baby stat teething from 5mth. . She is 7 mth now with 2 teeth below and one popping out on top.

Hey girlies, I am thinking of starting a facebook page for single mummies, anybody interested? Where we talk over there instead of here..