Young single mummies please fall in!

star_star

Hi! im new to tis thread... im a single mother as well,not married. bb boy born in Oct 2010.
I got a letter afew weeks ago stating tat i will be getting baby bonus and requested me to open an account for it.
I tot single mothers no baby bonus?
Or did i miss out on new update or information?
Anyways,i opened an account alreadi... hope its not a mistake...

engel

Hi! im new to tis thread... im a single mother as well,not married. bb boy born in Oct 2010.
I got a letter afew weeks ago stating tat i will be getting baby bonus and requested me to open an account for it.
I tot single mothers no baby bonus?
Or did i miss out on new update or information?
Anyways,i opened an account alreadi... hope its not a mistake...

U need to open an account? Is it with ocbc? Could it b for cda; the one where government with match what u deposit in it till child is 5 i think..
My #1 was born may 2010 but not applicable for baby bonus... Even childcare leave is lesser than married moms.... 2 if I'm not wrong

If im not wrong, that is cda acc for single mummies' babies.
Sth like the normal baby bonus cda where u put money in save for baby, the money cannot withdraw again, n can b use for baby sch or medical expenses.
Difference is single mummies wont get the u top up $1 govt give u $1 thingy...
This one mainly for when govt give 'bonus', our baby also entitle lo. They will deposit the money into the acc but we cannot withdraw out.
Speaking of it, I HAVEN GO DO!~ jialat jialat. Tmr must rmb...

Engel not married??!!

star_star

yah yah,its the cda ting... i open with ocb... veri fast de... go the bank,get the form n fill up den photocopy ic n birthcert,done. tey will mail u the rest of the tings.

engel

haha.... Let's just say yet to...:p

If im not wrong, that is cda acc for single mummies' babies.
Sth like the normal baby bonus cda where u put money in save for baby, the money cannot withdraw again, n can b use for baby sch or medical expenses.
Difference is single mummies wont get the u top up $1 govt give u $1 thingy...
This one mainly for when govt give 'bonus', our baby also entitle lo. They will deposit the money into the acc but we cannot withdraw out.
Speaking of it, I HAVEN GO DO!~ jialat jialat. Tmr must rmb...

Engel not married??!!

Snara

Hi I'm a first time mummy. But I'm not young, in fact I'm about 20 years older than most of you I've seen here on this thread. And I'm not a single...but having to consider splitting from my hubby...so might very well become single mummy someday soon.
May I join the FB page/group for young single mummies? Please add me? Really looking for some mutual support & companionship in what may be the hardest journey for me in my life.
My FB email is snara@bigfoot.com

s3mreen

Hey girlies, I am thinking of starting a facebook page for single mummies, anybody interested? Where we talk over there instead of here..
Yes i am interested. Just joined. I need some support on how to be prepared and cope being a single mummy.. :) and share my happiniess and woes.. :)
Pls add me. s3mreen@hotmail.com
i would like to learn from ya'll ladies how you guys cope.. :)

Last edited:

kittyyeo

hi all, i am consider a single mummy too... single cuz not married with the kids daddy... complicated... mother of 2 now... =) hope i am welcome here

Last edited:

engel

hi kittyeo... Same situation as you..:) with 2 kids now(16 mths & 1 mth) , in a stable relationship with their daddy but not married... Hahaha

hmmz...i can't search by email in FB cause I'm using the FB app:/ ... What the names u gals using in FB?

Or can search by mine ; engel av sorge

ellyeun

to all mummies outta, i would like to sell off some of my baby's stuffs!
Some are used, while others are brand new.
Do take a look, n contact me if you are interested!! :Dancing_tongue: