how do babies sit up on their own?

just4bubs

Hi,

i'm trying to teach my baby to sit up on his own. Can any mums share how their babies learnt to sit up on their own. My son can sit unsupported for a while and can even pull himself up but hasn't learnt to sit up himself yet.

Anyone got step by step actions that babies use to get them to sit up?

autumn82

Hi,

i'm trying to teach my baby to sit up on his own. Can any mums share how their babies learnt to sit up on their own. My son can sit unsupported for a while and can even pull himself up but hasn't learnt to sit up himself yet.

Erm.. I think they will figured how to do so by themselves.. LOL. I was also worried how come Iggy doesn't know how to push himself up to sit when he was ard 5mths+ then suddenly one day, he just did it. Iggy started the push up position then slowly kneel down then fall back to sit. :tlaugh: Dun worry too much.. :)

snowbear

Hi,

alicia was in a crawling position, then she lifted 1 hand off the ground, turn to one side and slowly sat up from there!! :tlaugh:

LoVeS

eventually they will knw how to sit up by their own BY themselves even w/o us teaching ~ so dun worry n let ur little fella growth by himself~

annie

yea my girl till now haven learn how to sit up by herself. she can go to a crawling position while sitting but not the other way round. she almost 8mths liao. i dun worry too much bout it cos i know she will learn herself one day.

when she was 5mths i keep worrying y she haven learn how to flip so everyday i pratice with her but then she still cant do it. then one day she playing by herself on her bb gym then suddenly she flipped! that was when she was 6.5mths liao.. (i stopped pratising with her for a long time that time). bb does things suddenly one fine day without the need of us to teach usually.

snowbear

yea my girl till now have not learn how to sit up by herself. she can go to a crawling position while sitting but not the other way round. she almost 8mths . i dont worry too much bout it cos i know she will learn herself one day.

when she was 5mths i keep worrying why she have not learn how to flip so everyday i pratice with her but then she still cant do it. then one day she playing by herself on her baby gym then suddenly she flipped! that was when she was 6.5mths .. (i stopped pratising with her for a long time that time). baby does things suddenly one fine day without the need of us to teach usually.
yup, actually dun need to teach. These things are instinctive to them. When they're ready to flip/sit/crawl/walk, they'll do it. I wasn't worried also when alicia couldn't flip at 5mths. Once she flipped at about 6months, the progress from there to sitting/crawling was very fast.

stonston

mine he turn to his side, then use 1 hand to push himself into sitting position. i tink tt's e easier method to learn :)

annie

oh same as alicia? hee. i always thought sitting up from a crawling position(move hands backwards towards the feet) is easier lol. dunno how my girl will choose to do it though hehe.

yah i think bb progress very fast after they learn how to sit. cos i heard its 7th mth sit, 8th mth crawl.. then soon after they can crawl, they will learn how to stand n then slowly learn how to walk n all will be completed around 1yr old. so its like few mths meeting many milestone! lol. im so excited to see my girl progress! but also worried once she start to be mobile i will have a hard time! lol

isabelandrew

my DD since 2months, needs to be carry in an upright position. she wants to see things.

now she is 4months+, my maid can let her sit on her lap. but to do so, make sure her head is strong.

i kia su. i tellmy maid bb must try to sit upright, dun slouch

just4bubs

Thanks for the feedback. My boy has been trying to sit up for months using the stomach crunch method and its hard - even I can't do it.

I'll try teaching him the different methods....

nsync_su

Hi,

Huh?? My daughter figure it out by herself while crawling. I didnt realised that we needed to teach them how to sit. I think some things we let them figure out themselves.

nsync_su

oh same as alicia? hee. i always thought sitting up from a crawling position(move hands backwards towards the feet) is easier lol. dont know how my girl will choose to do it though hehe.

yah i think baby progress very fast after they learn how to sit. cos i heard its 7th month sit, 8th month crawl.. then soon after they can crawl, they will learn how to stand and then slowly learn how to walk and all will be completed around 1yr old. so its like few mths meeting many milestone! lol. im so excited to see my girl progress! but also worried once she start to be mobile i will have a hard time! lol
Huh? 7months sit? 8months crawl? My daughter started crawling anf sitting at 6months. By 9months, she oready walking without support. Now she 15months, she's running and climbing. How come mine so fast uh? I was surprised when doc said my daughter very fast. Scary at times too... hehehe..

annie

lol yea some bb very fast n some very slow. depends on individual. that is just a guideline. my fren's boy can hold the cot n stand up himself at 7mths! my girl cant even sit up by herself at 8mths! she can sit unsupported but cannot pull herself up to a sitting position. needless to say stand.. i heard boys develope slower than girls yet my fren's son is so much faster than my girl lol.

btw, is your bb on formula?? somehow i feel all my fren's bb who is on formula develope faster...

nsync_su

lol yea some baby very fast and some very slow. depends on individual. that is just a guideline. my friend's boy can hold the cot and stand up himself at 7mths! my girl cant even sit up by herself at 8mths! she can sit unsupported but cannot pull herself up to a sitting position. needless to say stand.. i heard boys develope slower than girls yet my friend's son is so much faster than my girl lol.

btw, is your baby on formula?? somehow i feel all my friend's baby who is on formula develope faster...
Yup, she's on formula, Nan.

annie

see...

my fren say she got 2 fren's bb same age.. 3yrs old. the one on formula can talk very well. even ask parents to buy her games n all. speak clearly. the other one still cannot speak properly. still talking bb language n cant speak a sentence clearly. n she is on breastmilk!

autumn82

see...

my friend say she got 2 friend's baby same age.. 3yrs old. the one on formula can talk very well. even ask parents to buy her games and all. speak clearly. the other one still cannot speak properly. still talking baby language and cant speak a sentence clearly. and she is on breastmilk!
annie, dun worry too much abt it la.. :p Dun dink FM will make the kid develop faster.. Heh. :)

stonston

see...

my friend say she got 2 friend's baby same age.. 3yrs old. the one on formula can talk very well. even ask parents to buy her games and all. speak clearly. the other one still cannot speak properly. still talking baby language and cant speak a sentence clearly. and she is on breastmilk!
it's more of home environment n exposure rather than BM for FM.

my boy was breastfed for 18mths then switch to FM. his developmental milestones are faster than other kids and now he's 2, he can speak clearly with loads of vocab, can even tell us which tv show he wants to watch and he remembers the timing for the different cartoons!

annie

is his developement all the way so fast or only after switching to FM?

i dunno leh. maybe coincidence lor. but im not too sure how can family environment n exposure help them.. as in.. how can we make the environment favourable for them to develop faster?

snowbear

is his developement all the way so fast or only after switching to FM?

i dont know . maybe coincidence . but im not too sure how can family environment and exposure help them.. as in.. how can we make the environment favourable for them to develop faster?
ehhh... still worrying abt bm and slow milestones? :tlaugh: Alicia's also quite fast in terms of milestones and she's still on my bm. Like what stonston says, i tink it's due to environment more than bm/fm. My niece was on bm for 6 months then switch to fm. But she can hardly speak properly at 2 years+. Actually alicia articulates words clearer than her... :D

annie

really? lol. no la im no longer worried bout my girl's developement.. i WAS but then one day i call my mum n ask her bout it then she tell me something which i think makes lots of sense.. she say...

'dun compare your bb with others cos every bb is different. if u compare now that others bb seems to be developing faster or wat, they can do this at this age y your girl cannot etc, next time when she older, u sure compare her results in sch n all. y other ppl's kid can do much better than her n all then end up enroll her in all sorts of classes n stress her out" so as long as she healthy can liao. just somehow most of my fren's kids on fm seems to be developing faster n has more hair haha. then i was thinking.. maybe the fm nowadays put in alot of vit to make kids grow so fast lol.