EDD (September 2009)

hi, if you go to avent / philips showroom, it's at retail price except during carnival sales or via staff discount.

take a look out at e retail your-end promo.

single electronic pump is 299 retail n during e recent carnival sale was at 190. twin is 855 retail n was 600 during e sale.

i got myself a manual pump as did not know if be sure to have breastmilk. was tiring indeed n thus borrow medela's mini elect pump fm colleague.

Try pumping both breasts at the same time, it's faster...! =)

To all the sept mummy, how much are you feeding your baby currently? My baby is feeding about 100ml every 2hr. However he is already weighing 6.3kg. How about the rest of your babies? *worried*
I think it's about fine. My baby is also ard 6kg now. I give him about 100 to 140ml of milk (whatever I pump) . Depending on his mood, he may not finish all, average is abt 100ml like ur baby. More milk doesn't mean more calories anyways. Mornings typically have more milk but its usually more watery, but evening less milk, but more concentrated thus more calories, so baby just need lesser to feel full. Feed slowly & watch for his cues. Sometimes he may just want to suckle.
I think you can prolly do a feeding chart at least for these few days. See how often & how frequently he feeds. You may take a look at the website below. V informative. =)

kellymom.com :: How much expressed milk will my baby need?

newbie2009

I guess you did the 6-1 jab then. It combines the HepB jab with the DPT (5-1) jab. =)
I prefer to seperate the jabs anyway. Feel it's easier on the baby's body to accomodate. But it's definitely more convenient with lesser jabs =)
Its not only about the convenience, do not want my baby to undergo too much pain. He cries alot whenever he jabs. And each time he gets a jab, he will have fever. So I guess its better that we reduce the number of times he needs to jab.

newbie2009

I only have 1 funnel though. Is it cheaper to buy everything seperately? Funnel, adapter, motor...kekeke
That was what i did, I bought a separate funnel and accesories, plus the motor and the adapter from the phillip customer centre.

Its definately alot cheaper. If you buy 2 motors and 2 adapter, it only cost u around $200. then the funnel, its another few 10s of dollars. So in my view, its quite worth it.

newbie2009

Try pumping both breasts at the same time, it's faster...! =)
What i did was to let the baby latch on one side, and to pump on the other side concurrently. That helps to save time. And if the baby needs more milk, I will just give him the milk that was pumped out.

That way, I can get to sleep more and spend less time pumping and latching.

joopjoop

To all the sept mummy, how much are you feeding your baby currently? My baby is feeding about 100ml every 2hr. However he is already weighing 6.3kg. How about the rest of your babies? *worried*
My baby is currently taking about 130 ml to 150ml every 2.5 to 3 hrs. His weight is about 6plus kg too.

Stan

What i did was to let the baby latch on one side, and to pump on the other side concurrently. That helps to save time. And if the baby needs more milk, I will just give him the milk that was pumped out.

That way, I can get to sleep more and spend less time pumping and latching.
Wow you can manage both tasks? very good cos can save a lot of time!!.. i cant... haha....
Baby is abt 4kg when i weigh her last week.. drinking ard 90ml every 2.5hrs... She is a small girl.....

newbie2009

Wow you can manage both tasks? very good cos can save a lot of time!!.. i cant... haha....
Baby is about 4kg when i weigh her last week.. drinking around 90ml every 2.5hrs... She is a small girl.....
Its really not that difficult to multi-task. All you need is to ensure that your baby latches on, then u put the pump to your breast. Of coz, something that I fail to mention is the messiness. Coz there will be times when you will drip all over due to the let-down.

Wow. 4kg, that is really a very small girl. On the hind sight, a smaller baby also means u can carry the baby longer.

babymiki2003

hi mummies, need some advise here...

is there a need to pump when baby is latching the whole day? normally my son will be full after latching on one side of my breast.

all along, in the past, i pump regularly for 3 times a day, even if i latch him on. because of this, i had built up a supply of frozen milk and my son will never finish the milk before they expires as he only drinks 60ml every 2 hours when bottle fed.

i continued to pump regularly in fear of decreasing supply

esthergal

Hi Sept mummies,

Just wondering when can babies hold their heads without support? Do we need to specially train them or just let nature takes its course?

TIA...

newbie2009

Hi Sept mummies,

Just wondering when can babies hold their heads without support? Do we need to specially train them or just let nature takes its course?

TIA...
My baby at about 1.1/2 months is already holding his head w/o any support. In fact when he was about 2 weeks old, he already preferred to be carried upright. Though at that moment in time, we are very carefully, and often him some support, but he by then he is strong enough to hold his head momentarily. We did not give the baby any special training. It just happened naturally.

esthergal

Hi newbie.

Wow! your baby is super fast! so you've been carrying baby upright since 2 wks old? May be that's why he can hold his head w/o support faster?

Actually my baby also can hold hishead momentarily when my confinement lady carried him upright when he is just few weeks. But i heard some ppl say that it's not good to carry baby upright when he's too young coz not good for back bone? So i very rarely carry him upright... is this back bone thing a real concern? what do u think?

newbie2009

Hi newbie.

Wow! your baby is super fast! so you've been carrying baby upright since 2 wks old? May be that's why he can hold his head w/o support faster?

Actually my baby also can hold hishead momentarily when my confinement lady carried him upright when he is just few weeks. But i heard some ppl say that it's not good to carry baby upright when he's too young coz not good for back bone? So i very rarely carry him upright... is this back bone thing a real concern? what do you think?
I had the same concern about the backbone issue. however my baby prefers to be carried upright. And when we try other positions, he will get fussy. So in the end, we have always been carrying him upright. The only pro of carrying upwards, is that we can burp him easily.

joopjoop

Hehe, my baby has double chin too. maybe that is why he can manage to support his head alone all these while. haha. how are you coping with your baby?
Now looking after my baby by myself when hubby goes to work. Still able to cope but sometimes feel so stress out as there seems to be a lot of things to do. I try to do a bit at a time when baby is sleeping but times seems to pass by so fast that the next min its feeding time again.

When baby is awake, sometimes i left him in his cot or rocker then he will play by himself so then i can relax a bit which is good. ^^

But dont know how when i start work...hahaha

newbie2009

Now looking after my baby by myself when hubby goes to work. Still able to cope but sometimes feel so stress out as there seems to be a lot of things to do. I try to do a bit at a time when baby is sleeping but times seems to pass by so fast that the next min its feeding time again.

When baby is awake, sometimes i left him in his cot or rocker then he will play by himself so then i can relax a bit which is good. ^^

But dont know how when i start work...hahaha
When u planning on starting work? Yes indeed times seems to zip by so quickly. We are always trying to find time between feeds to do our personal stuff.

Jia you lor.

joopjoop

When you planning on starting work? Yes indeed times seems to zip by so quickly. We are always trying to find time between feeds to do our personal stuff.

Jia you .
I'm starting work next yr Jan....but dont feel like going to work...hahaha

Everybody Jai You too :Dancing_wub: