Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

Verona's

Re: What to bring to hospital ( Gleneagles ) ?

GlenE doesn't provide anything outside the package.. you need to bring your own receiving blanket, change of baby clothes, mittens & booties to use in hospital, hat, etc.. That 1 pc of babyshirt worn in the hospital must be returned upon discharge.

The package is those normal maternity package - for baby, 1 pkt of nb pampers. Remember to ask for some of those yellow-backed protective sheets for baby to use at home.

For mommy, GlenE's package incl a pack of loop maternity pad & 1 pkt of toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, small square face towel) besides the medication.

I usually bring:
1) Nightees - 3 changes, cos I had c-sect
2) Socks - in case my feet feels cold at night
3) Slippers - easier to move around and also go toilet
4) Cardigan - in case I feel cold.
5) Disposable undies - 1 pkt, just in case
6) Abdominal binder - cos I had c-sect
7) camera/videocam
8) marriage cert, bank book, i/c, other doc etc - for registration of birth and baby bonus a/c in hospital
9) hospital admission letter
10) Baby stuff ( see above)

I also buy 1 pkt of the adult protective sheet (blue backed) for use at home during confinement. dont need to worry about staining the bed if the lochia is alot.

Thanks a lot ! Er Can i ask , hospital does not provide us clothes ? or we can choose we wear our own ? :)

chiro

glen e does provide us with gown to wear. You might want to bring your own clothes if you are not comfortable with wearing tat.

diymummy

You might want to bring extra clothes to check out of hospital. I checked into the hospital and checked out with the same clothes coz mine was an emergency c-sect.

The gown that they provide is very uncomfortable and "revealing" behind. So if you intend to walk around with visitors in your ward, you might want to consider slipping into something more comfy.

They also didn't provide clothing for my baby to wear home. They also didn't tell me that my boy's hands and feet were turning blue because he was too cold in the nursery. Very bad. They really didn't leave me with a good impression. So for checking out, do bring with you one set of baby clothing and swaddling cloth. Also prepare some mittens and booties for your baby. Did I also mention that they lost quite a lot of my boy's mittens and booties? I brought at least 5 sets and I went home with only 2.

chiro

tats really very bad...lost mittens and booties...and baby hands cold did not inform u..tats too much..

You might want to bring extra clothes to check out of hospital. I checked into the hospital and checked out with the same clothes coz mine was an emergency c-sect.

The gown that they provide is very uncomfortable and "revealing" behind. So if you intend to walk around with visitors in your ward, you might want to consider slipping into something more comfy.

They also didn't provide clothing for my baby to wear home. They also didn't tell me that my boy's hands and feet were turning blue because he was too cold in the nursery. Very bad. They really didn't leave me with a good impression. So for checking out, do bring with you one set of baby clothing and swaddling cloth. Also prepare some mittens and booties for your baby. Did I also mention that they lost quite a lot of my boy's mittens and booties? I brought at least 5 sets and I went home with only 2.

diymummy

Ya... Really bad. And my PD also told me that they didn't feed my boy enough. Gosh...

His reasoning was that it was near Christmas and they were shorthanded. -.-"

Also for breastfeeding, the nurses were very rough. And they didn't wheel in my baby every 3 hrs. My hubby had to go and collect the baby. Haiz... I think I was just unlucky coz not all my friends had such bad experiences with GlenE.

I really hope you will have a better experience, Verona. Heard that they finished renovating their wards. It should be nicer. :)

camom

Ya... Really bad. And my pediatrician also told me that they didn't feed my boy enough. Gosh...

Also for breastfeeding, the nurses were very rough. And they didn't wheel in my baby every 3 hours. My hubby had to go and collect the baby. sigh... I think I was just unlucky coz not all my friends had such bad experiences with GlenE.

I really hope you will have a better experience, Verona. Heard that they finished renovating their wards. It should be nicer. :)
Which ward were you in? I realised that certain wards got better nurses.

Verona's

Ya... Really bad. And my pediatrician also told me that they didn't feed my boy enough. Gosh...

Also for breastfeeding, the nurses were very rough. And they didn't wheel in my baby every 3 hours. My hubby had to go and collect the baby. sigh... I think I was just unlucky coz not all my friends had such bad experiences with GlenE.

I also hope i will have a better experience after hearing what you said hehe ! My mother gave birth me in glenE , My Mil gave birth my hubby at glenE so i went to glenE , i might be going through c-sert how many days you stay in hospital ? You mean they don't provide any mitten , sock at all ? i think i better get extra one because i don't want to be alone in hospital & i will be in double bedded room so hubby cannot stay with me right ? Intended to be out of room during midnight , not sure can or not hehe ! So better bring more clothes , i tot they would let us wear 2 piece or something , never stay in hospital before :eek:

camom

I also hope i will have a better experience after hearing what you said hehe ! My mother gave birth me in glenE , My mother in law gave birth my hubby at glenE so i went to glenE , i might be going through c-sert how many days you stay in hospital ? You mean they dont't provide any mitten , sock at all ? i think i better get extra one because i dont't want to be alone in hospital & i will be in double bedded room so hubby cannot stay with me right ? Intended to be out of room during midnight , not sure can or not hehe ! So better bring more clothes , i thought they would let us wear 2 piece or something , never stay in hospital before :eek:
For c-sec if no complications, 4 days, incl the day I was admitted.. My gynae gave me the option of admitting the night before or admitting 3 hours before the op. But both ways, still got to fast from 9pm onwards.

Nope, no mittens, no socks, nothing provided. Better bring your own.

Huh, u mean u want to be out of the room? There's no where to go in GlenE at night. The foodcourt/delifrance is closed, nothing is open. Better stay in the ward and zzz.

I had a great experience in GlenE for my 2nd delivery. For 1st one, it was not too gd. I stayed in 2-bedded ward too. Went the tbf route but the nurses also forgot to bring bb back to nursery 1 night so he roomed in with me :). They only remembered when the pd was going to start his rounds at 6.30am.

I think the gynae's rep is impt... the nurses are very attentive towards my gynae's patients cos he will scold them badly if he gets complaints from his patients. In fact, I was told to guai guai take my painkillers cos gynae will scold them for not giving. When I refused since not painful, they told me to talk to him myself.

Last edited:

diymummy

No they don't provide mittens. Terrible right? Even my boy.. He was only wearing 1 t-shirt and diaper and swaddled in a nappy. No wonder cold lorr.

Think double bedded hubby cannot stay.

Go out of room during midnight?? Hehehe.. If you C-sect, you won't be moving for the next 24hrs after the op. I stayed in the hospital from Friday (my c-sect in morning) and check out on Monday afternoon.

They didn't let me wear 2 pieces clothes. I wore this gown where it's wear from the front and tie at the back.

camom

No they dont't provide mittens. Terrible right? Even my boy.. He was only wearing 1 t-shirt and diaper and swaddled in a nappy. No wonder cold lorr.
That "dress code" is standard for all bbs there! There should be a towel in the bassinet too for bb to use. Heehee, I made it a point to ask for things in front of my gynae when he came for routine checks every morning. The nurses will act very quickly.

camom

sigh... Then I was really unlucky. LOL.
My 1st experience there was also no good. But ur paed also very funny. Why didn't he tell the nursery nurses off when he found out they underfed your bb?

diymummy

My 1st experience there was also no good. But your paed also very funny. Why didn't he tell the nursery nurses off when he found out they underfed your baby?
My PD told me that he had reminded the nurses to feed my baby properly several times but he still caught them underfeeding. I wanted to extend my baby's stay in the hospital for a day for phototheraphy for jaundice but my PD was urging me to bring my baby home.

Anyway, I have to agree that my baby was hard to feed when he was NB. He was sooooooooooooooooooo sleepy. -.-" Even when we use ice water to dab his face, he would still sleep! Nothing can wake him. He even slept through his injections. Funny right?

shinexuan

Has been reading up alot about hospital bags but i realised mostly only on kk , Thomson Medical Center or others never seen any on gleneagles :) I would like to know what the hospital is providing & what i need to bring , Gynae did give me a list of things but seems very disordering .. Please help :D
Hey Veronas, me haven give birth yet, but will be doing so anytime... and also in GlenE..

So far i prepared the following for my bb:
- 2 sets of clothes (include 1 extra, jus in case)
- 1 set of socks, mittens and bb hat for discharge
- some diapers (but think this one they will give... Huggies brand)
- towel to wrap bb upon discharge day

For myself:
- 2 sets of clothes (1 for actual labour, 1 for after labour - best to have buttons openings in front for bf purpose.. easier)
- slippers (will b the same one tt i admit hos)
- 1 set of clothes for discharge
- 2 sets of nursing bras
- disposable panties
- bra pad
- jacket or cardigan (in case cold at nite)
- own toiletries (prefer my own rather than hos one keke)
- towel
- maternity pad
- 1 box of tissue ( i am a tissue user... BIG time.. everywhere i go i need tissue somehow, somewhere, hahah..so i will bring 1 box..)
- magazine (opt)
- laptop (opt)
- hp charger (cos my hp very easy low batt, cfm cant tong til 2 nites later)
- camera (oh... this is IMPT wor... take pic of ur bb! :) )

yup sp basically, i more kiasu... hahah bring more stuff...

nothing for my hubby, cos i am taking 2 bedded and he wun need to stay overnite...

oh another thing is that if u taking 2 bedded, i checked with the nurse there, there really has no place for your hubby to overnite one.. heard the nurses might also not allow ur hubby to stay in the lounge area (area outside level 5 and 6)... but b4 we go off from the hospital tour tt day, she kinda hinted to us tt if really want to stay overnite there, they also cant do much... haha my hubby intend to hack care and mostly just stay there overnite... just FYI... not sure if they will close 1 eye ultimately.. kekek..

camom

My pediatrician told me that he had reminded the nurses to feed my baby properly several times but he still caught them underfeeding. I wanted to extend my baby's stay in the hospital for a day for phototheraphy for jaundice but my pediatrician was urging me to bring my baby home.

Anyway, I have to agree that my baby was hard to feed when he was NB. He was sooooooooooooooooooo sleepy. -.-" Even when we use ice water to dab his face, he would still sleep! Nothing can wake him. He even slept through his injections. Funny right?
Very curious, how did he determine that they were underfeeding? Mine was practically in my 2-bedded rm all day long except when they need to prepare him for pd visits and so on.

Jaundiced bbs tend to be very sleepy.

camom

oh another thing is that if you taking 2 bedded, i checked with the nurse there, there really has no place for your hubby to overnite one.. heard the nurses might also not allow your hubby to stay in the lounge area (area outside level 5 and 6)... but before we go off from the hospital tour that day, she kinda hinted to us that if really want to stay overnite there, they also cant do much... haha my hubby intend to hack care and mostly just stay there overnite... just FYI... not sure if they will close 1 eye ultimately.. kekek..
kekeke, my hubby stayed in the 2-bedded ward with me when we had our 1st child. Got scolded by the ward nurses when they found out the next day.

diymummy

You know those small glass bottle sample of FM? Not sure what the standard ml of those are or if they come in different sizes but my PD said he saw that they didn't finish feeding him that bottle though he has asked them to finish feeding him 1 bottle. I'm not sure how long my PD had been observing but he told me that he noticed that they didn't finish feeding my baby the FM.

My boy was hardly in my room. He had to go back to the nursery to use the phototheraphy bed. And even though I specified that I wanted to breastfeed, they didn't wheel him in for me to feed. The nurses claim that he needed to use the "sun bed". And it was after several requests that I actually asked why they didn't they recommend me expressing milk that they stationed a breast pump in my ward.