Things to bring for hospital stay & delivery - WHAT TO PACK LIST

chiro

Re: What to bring to hospital ( Gleneagles ) ?

mummys to be, when you admit to hospital, tell the nurses station that you want to apply for season parking if your hubby is driving in and out of hospital.cost is about $30 for 3 days.also, on your last day before you go home,tell the nurses that you wanted the 'new baby goodies bag' , it comes with samples and glen e diaper bag

camom

You know those small glass bottle sample of FM? Not sure what the standard ml of those are or if they come in different sizes but my pediatrician said he saw that they didn't finish feeding him that bottle though he has asked them to finish feeding him 1 bottle. I'm not sure how long my pediatrician had been observing but he told me that he noticed that they didn't finish feeding my baby the FM.

My boy was hardly in my room. He had to go back to the nursery to use the phototheraphy bed. And even though I specified that I wanted to breastfeed, they didn't wheel him in for me to feed. The nurses claim that he needed to use the "sun bed". And it was after several requests that I actually asked why they didn't they recommend me expressing milk that they stationed a breast pump in my ward.
That's very bad!

I think should be the same vol right?

Mommies to be - If you want to store ebm in the glass bottles & want to collect them, ask from the nurses early. I overheard the nurse telling the mommy in the next bed that they only have limited stock for those with the measurement marks on the bottles. Not too sure which brand those belong to.

diymummy

Sigh... Ya.. I think I super suay lahh.... Sigh... Oh well... Hope my 2nd one I don't give birth during any festive season. Haha...

shinexuan

kekeke, my hubby stayed in the 2-bedded ward with me when we had our 1st child. Got scolded by the ward nurses when they found out the next day.
Ya lo.. thats what the nurses told us when we went for maternity tour tt day... but she said if hubby stay in the louge area (where the lifts are), they also cant do much.. kekek.. think in the rm cant cos may disturb the other patient who is resting... :)

Verona's

For c-sec if no complications, 4 days, incl the day I was admitted.. My gynae gave me the option of admitting the night before or admitting 3 hours before the op. But both ways, still got to fast from 9pm onwards.

Nope, no mittens, no socks, nothing provided. Better bring your own.

Huh, you mean you want to be out of the room? There's no where to go in GlenE at night. The foodcourt/delifrance is closed, nothing is open. Better stay in the ward and zzz.

I had a great experience in GlenE for my 2nd delivery. For 1st one, it was not too good. I stayed in 2-bedded ward too. Went the tbf route but the nurses also forgot to bring baby back to nursery 1 night so he roomed in with me :). They only remembered when the pediatrician was going to start his rounds at 6.30am.

I think the gynae's rep is impt... the nurses are very attentive towards my gynae's patients cos he will scold them badly if he gets complaints from his patients. In fact, I was told to guai guai take my painkillers cos gynae will scold them for not giving. When I refused since not painful, they told me to talk to him myself.
Wow 4 days , i tot only 2 - 3 days :(
I think i am bringing extras of mitten & socks , don't want baby to suffer .. I am quite afraid of staying in hospitals , watched too much horror movie already hehe ! Hopefully they would allow my hubby to stay with me . anyway who is your gynae ? :)

camom

Wow 4 days , i thought only 2 - 3 days :(
I think i am bringing extras of mitten & socks , dont't want baby to suffer .. I am quite afraid of staying in hospitals , watched too much horror movie already hehe ! Hopefully they would allow my hubby to stay with me . anyway who is your gynae ? :)
Dr Chan K H

Last edited:

camom

Wow 4 days , i thought only 2 - 3 days :(
I think i am bringing extras of mitten & socks , dont't want baby to suffer .. I am quite afraid of staying in hospitals , watched too much horror movie already hehe ! Hopefully they would allow my hubby to stay with me . anyway who is your gynae ? :)
I don't think you will have a lot of time to hu si luan xiang once bb is born. So busy with the constant feedings! Also, the nurses come in regularly to check temp, check this and that. Anyway, I don't think the wards will be empty. I had different roommates almost every night for the 4 days I was there.

camom

That "dress code" is standard for all bbs there! There should be a towel in the bassinet too for baby to use. Heehee, I made it a point to ask for things in front of my gynae when he came for routine checks every morning. The nurses will act very quickly.
Found a pic of my son when he was still in GlenE. This is how they dress the bb.

Last edited:

chiro

my hubby bunked in wif me on the first night.

second nite also no one as my room mate..third & 4th night got ppl come in...

let me join in the fun, this is how my son look like..fyi, it helps to have the beanie on him...straight away u know which one is your baby...when the nurses are trying to "locate" your baby in the nursery.

I dont't think you will have a lot of time to hu si luan xiang once baby is born. So busy with the constant feedings! Also, the nurses come in regularly to check temp, check this and that. Anyway, I dont't think the wards will be empty. I had different roommates almost every night for the 4 days I was there.

Attachments

camom

Ur bbs are so cute!

my hubby bunked in with me on the first night.

second nite also no one as my room mate..third & 4th night got ppl come in...

let me join in the fun, this is how my son look like..fyi, it helps to have the beanie on him...straight away you know which one is your baby...when the nurses are trying to "locate" your baby in the nursery.

Whaahaahaa, mine dun need the beanie, he is so recognisable by that big bruise on his cheek!

chiro

i miss the days when they were new borns...

now that joker just cannot keep still!!!!!!!

your bbs are so cute!

Whaahaahaa, mine dont need the beanie, he is so recognisable by that big bruise on his cheek!

diymummy

Thanks camom! Your baby also very cute!!! Hehehe.. So is Chiro's! So chubby :)

I also say, my joker also now don't want to nap. Super active. When he NB I wish he grow up. Now he older, I wish he NB!!! WAHAHAHA! We hard to please laa... :p

Verona's

I hoped the nurses are great & hubby can sneak in hehe !
all of your babies are so cute , felt very impatient of my gal's arrival now haha ! anyway if i bring one cap one mitten & one socks , change her clothes only on discharge , will they return the mittens & stuffs ?

diymummy

They are supposed to return. I think they lost mine so never return. :(

shinexuan

wowowow... all ur babies so cute wor! make me so yearn to see my own soon! :)

camom

They should return. Also, they will change bb in front of you, think they want you to learn how to do it too. When I was discharged, I did the change myself cos it was an extremely busy day.

Verona's

They are supposed to return. I think they lost mine so never return. :(
you mean they would take them off to check on baby ? or else why lost ar :err:Very afraid leh , only if baby will stay with me all the while hehe !

Verona's

They should return. Also, they will change baby in front of you, think they want you to learn how to do it too. When I was discharged, I did the change myself cos it was an extremely busy day.
I know they will teach us or something , is that when we going to discharge ? :)