Mummies wht kind of diaper bag do u carry ard?

princessminn

i dun buy diaper bag...
i used to use a old hello kitty bag of mine as my boy's diaper bag...
i pack all his things in different ziplock bags n place it in e bag...
recently my aunt gif mi one big NA nike sling bag(black in colour) then i chg to tt..
coz it is more spacious n not so awakard if my hubby bring my son out on his own....

k-mom

am using a grey messenger style skip hop bag. but i also like the allerhand designs. am thinking of getting a smaller bag for short trips.

just want to check with you ladies. do you find it more convenient to carry a back pack or a sling bag? i am tied between the 2. not sure what are the pros and cons of each. any advise?

annie

i dun like backpack cos
1. it dosent suit my dressing n character
2. its troublesome when i need to take things

im usually using tote bag due to the convenience and the image but then i find that troublesome as well cos it often slide down my shoulder... i think those sling bag that runs over the shoulder is the best so far. i like those but then i dun use them as well cos they dosent seem to suit my dressing as well hehe

yellowpudding

just want to check with you ladies. do you find it more convenient to carry a back pack or a sling bag? i am tied between the 2. not sure what are the pros and cons of each. any advise?
I like both of them and to be honest they both have their pros and cons hence I ended up choosing my current one which is both a backpack and also sling. :)

mandymtb

i'm using an imitation longchamp bag which was a gift. :p

the bag is big but has no compartments, so I always have to spend a bit of time looking for the stuff i want. Am so exasperated that I've finally decided to get a diaper bag orgnaniser online so that i dont't have to dig around in the bag anymore.

i need a huge bag cos i carry dear daughter's toys, pacifiers, burp clothes, extra clothes, a sling or two, her diapers etc etc. :(
uddermummy, can pm me the detail as well? need one badly aso.... thks

diymummy

i prefer a back pack. coz it's easier to carry and i can carry my baby and put him back down without worrying the bag falling off my shoulders. but personally, i bought the allerhand sling. because that's the biggest they have. it's heavy for my to carry. so for that, hubby's carrying it.

i prefer a back pack. coz it's easier to carry and i can carry my baby and put him back down without worrying the bag falling off my shoulders. but personally, i bought the allerhand sling. because that's the biggest they have. it's heavy for my to carry. so for that, hubby's carrying it.
diymummy. i agree with you. i was initially thinking of getting a backpack, but realise that it is quite inconvenient when changing bb. but then backpack is easier to manage when carrying bb without hubby around. plus i m quite small frame and hv difficulties managing sling bags. often slip off shoulders like u. hmm... looks like i will be getting the sling bag still. cos easier to organise things.

thanks ladies for all your feedback! :Dancing_wub:

jxmummy

i'm using a carter's one. less than 50bucks, bought online... for diaper bag, i dont intend to invest on an ex one cos for me, if i were to carry it around, i'll just put it on the floor anywhere when i'm making payment or having meals cos not everytime will put under stroller... haha...
Hi reginakoh,

may i know where did u buy yr diaper bag?

snowbear

I started off with an Allerhand sling bag. But it got really heavy and bulky and honestly the weight on one shoulder after some time is quite unbearable. Plus if i go out alone with dd with that bulky heavy bag, I find it extra cumbersome coz I may knock into things/people without knowing sometimes.

Switched to a Sherpani backpack. It's definitely better now as the wt's distributed between the shoulders so not so taxing.

As for matching with clothes, both my sling bag and backpack aren't dressy looking so it's hard to match anyway... :)

Frenchkitty

Bought a navy blue satin Naraya bag from Bangkok my recent shopping trip and wow I love it! Even better than my LV Neverfull.. cos it is super lightweight and the interior is waterproof so dont have to worry about wetting the bag.
I have some Naraya pouches (also waterproof interior) to use for my breastpump, teats etc. So cheap only.. the bag are pouches are SG$10 each.. super happy!

jamie1978

I am using this German brand, OkieDog. Got it at Carrefour Baby Fair. Recommendable, very light, funky designs and lifetime warranty. It's useful especially when you have tons of baby things to take along.

woofy55

i like my nice big open top bag (with 2strips of blings as design) and bought an organiser to put inside. when i'm not with my boy, i'll remove the organiser and use it as well.. What's best, it's less than $50. initially thot of buying more to "keep".. but scare it will flake... if not used.. haiz.. hopefully can last long long..

Mummy to Baby V

When baby was newborn: Allenhand black backpack, looks like laptop bag, so hubby is fine to carry it about. Very few things to bring for breastfed baby.

Later, had to bring food out: LeSportsSac diaper bag, love the prints and included diaper pad and pouch.

Later, was on a long trip and frequently bringing 2 meals out: LeSportsSac handcarry size bag, really HUGE, great for travels. Got an off-season print at 50% off!

I always carry a small handbag and let hubby carry the diaper bag or hang it on the stroller. Within the bag, wet bags are very useful to carry any wet/soiled clothing, cutlery, cloth diapers, etc. See reviews at wet bags |