EDD Sep 2010

nightingale

hi mummies,

is it safe to dye hair during pregnancy?
I just did mine yesterday when I had my hair cut. :p Apparently there's no conclusive research showing that it is harmful, but some people are concerned about the chemicals getting into the mother's bloodstream and crossing the placenta to the baby. But I figured that as long as I don't do it too frequently, it should be fine - I'm dyeing about once every 2-3 months. Also went for mani pedi every 2 months or so - but i wear a mask to avoid breathing in the fumes because the smell made me feel nauseous. :001_302:

I would be extra careful during the first trimester though.

An alternative would be to dye your hair at home with ammonia-free / chemical free hair dyes - like henna. Or ask your salon whether they carry any such products.

DELvy

Mrs eg, I bought the one at the entrance. Cheaper, and they threw in more freebies. Though got to admit the rocking one looks so much nicer. Haha...

Hi Sept MTBs! Just wondering if anyone has tried prenatal massage at Rustic Nirvana? And has anyone heard of anything regarding postnatal massage packages from Rustic Nirvana?

Today I tried my first prenatal massage at Rustic Nirvana. Therapist was good. Chatty n experienced lady called Meili. I used one session fr my sister's package. Works out to about $85 per session - not cheap, I feel. They tried to sell me postnatal home visit package.
5 sessions of massage, steam n 4x overnight wrap for 838 (exclusive gst) which I also feel is pricey. There's a freebie double boiler thrown in but I think that's besides the point.

Anyway just wanted to check if anyone has heard of Rustic Nirvana so I can consider whether to go with them.

Thanks! :)
How was the pre-natal massage with them? I'm going to have my trial massage this Friday @ Rustic Nirvana.

Mummies, please do update us on the date and details of the next coming Baby fair ya~ Anyway, I think there's a combi stroller on sale now. Saw it at kiddy palace and a combi showroom. Usual price 400+ but now selling at 298. =)
Hub & I saw this @ Kiddy Palace. Very light stroller, 4.2kg only, very good for ladies. Heard from the sale person that the price for this stroller is while stock last and not in production anymore, don't know how true though.

DELvy

I intend to bring my bb to test out the pram before buying le. Cos I am worried that he does not like the pram or something.

Btw, is it safe to go for pre-natal massage? As in, will the masseur accidentally press the wrong points or something?

Btw, is it safe to go for pre-natal massage? As in, will the masseur accidentally press the wrong points or something?
That's why it is better to get an experienced pre-natal masseur. I tried once with Mdm Jumie, she'll massage the whole body expect for the tummy and breasts. The massage can help to relieve backache or bodyache. Anyway, it all depends whether you are comfortable to have someone to massage you during pregnancy or not. :)

mrs_eg

Hi Sept MTBs! Just wondering if anyone has tried prenatal massage at Rustic Nirvana? And has anyone heard of anything regarding postnatal massage packages from Rustic Nirvana?

Today I tried my first prenatal massage at Rustic Nirvana. Therapist was good. Chatty n experienced lady called Meili. I used one session fr my sister's package. Works out to about $85 per session - not cheap, I feel. They tried to sell me postnatal home visit package.
5 sessions of massage, steam n 4x overnight wrap for 838 (exclusive gst) which I also feel is pricey. There's a freebie double boiler thrown in but I think that's besides the point.

Anyway just wanted to check if anyone has heard of Rustic Nirvana so I can consider whether to go with them.

Thanks! :)

Hi Hi welcome!!!

U know? at the fair they are seeling package like buy 5 sessions free 5 sessions...!!!! U may wana try bargaining with them for extra free stuffs if u are signing up...

But I didnt sit down and listen to their... er.. 'preaching'?
And I didn't tried one b4... so cant help u in tat area... :)

mrs_eg

hi mummies,

is it safe to dye hair during pregnancy?
Sorry to the rest of the ladies but I wish to say...
Better not dye hair...
It is actually no good to dye too much hair even when u are not pregnant... cos the chemicals are carcinogenic...
so.. even more dangerous when u are pregnant... the chemicals will seep thru ur pores and into ur blood stream and baby will get it...

ANyway it is really up to u la... hahaha

Last edited:

mrs_eg

hey all!
i just did my detail scan ytd and it was really nice!
It's a Girl!!! :tlaugh:
the radiographer was concentrating at first for about 20 mins taking pictures and measurements of the organs and other parts of the body. after everything's done she showed me every part of the baby's body, the hands, leg, kidneys, heartbeat, nose, eyes almost everything i could see. the feeling is just so wonderful. the radiographer says that baby's naughty as she keeps moving around not wanting to let her measure the organs.:shyxxx: haha. its so exciting! and i also registered for the childbirth education at AMK by Ms Wong. starting class on the 5 jun! ^^

went for the baby fair last fri, wasn't as good as the previous one much smaller and nothing much to walk around. bought a set of baby clothes and that's it. :001_302:

for sleeping wise i'm able to sleep on my sideways but not on my back. i feel that i couldn't breath properly when i sleep on my back.
now a days i too get up once or twice to go to the toilet if not once anything disturbs me i cant go back to sleep anymore. t.t
wow a girl!!!!
hehehe maybe shld start compliling a list here.,.. how many boys and how many girls in Sep2010... hahaha

the baby expo was small rite...??? hope the future fairs are bigger!

I love to sleep on my back...
but the tummy flattens and baby will tend to move alot maybe becos of the smaller space for movement... hmm.. am still trying to find a good way to sleep....

Maybe I will go check out the pregnancy pillow thingy...

mrs_eg

Mrs eg, I bought the one at the entrance. Cheaper, and they threw in more freebies. Though got to admit the rocking one looks so much nicer. Haha...
ya.. im quite interested in the one at the door also... $359 only and so many freebies!!! but in the end we decided to "endure" the temptation and wait for future fairs... wanted to scout ard more...

Ya the rocking one looks nicer! but... function wise... urs is better!

mrs_eg

Did you ladies go to Baby Kingdom or Baby Hypermart to see look before?
You are toking abt the ones at Kaki Bukit right?
I've been there...

Baby Hypermart sell lots of stuffs...
Baby kingdom... not as much... but ok la... the stuffs abit different also...

But lIke wat Delvy said... Fairs have more freebies.. :)

nightingale

Did you ladies go to Baby Kingdom or Baby Hypermart to see look before?
Yep - went to Baby Hypermart and bought our stroller there because they were having a sale in conjunction with the Taka baby fair at that time (they had a booth at Taka so selling at sale price at their showroom as well). Other than during these promos, agree with Delvy that the prices are not really cheap. But fun to have a quick looksee if you happen to pass by the area - they have nice cots and strollers and car seats and baby carriers and some other smaller knick-knacks like bibs, bottles etc. :p

Delvy, which cot did you buy? Have a picture to show? :) Me looking around for cots now too!

xian

That's why it is better to get an experienced pre-natal masseur. I tried once with Mdm Jumie, she'll massage the whole body expect for the tummy and breasts. The massage can help to relieve backache or bodyache. Anyway, it all depends whether you are comfortable to have someone to massage you during pregnancy or not. :)

hi. i heard that mdm Jumie is good too.. Will be trying her service after my detailed scan.

Jaslyn288

hey all!
i just did my detail scan ytd and it was really nice!
It's a Girl!!! :tlaugh:
the radiographer was concentrating at first for about 20 mins taking pictures and measurements of the organs and other parts of the body. after everything's done she showed me every part of the baby's body, the hands, leg, kidneys, heartbeat, nose, eyes almost everything i could see. the feeling is just so wonderful. the radiographer says that baby's naughty as she keeps moving around not wanting to let her measure the organs.:shyxxx: haha. its so exciting! and i also registered for the childbirth education at AMK by Ms Wong. starting class on the 5 jun! ^^

went for the baby fair last fri, wasn't as good as the previous one much smaller and nothing much to walk around. bought a set of baby clothes and that's it. :001_302:

for sleeping wise i'm able to sleep on my sideways but not on my back. i feel that i couldn't breath properly when i sleep on my back.
now a days i too get up once or twice to go to the toilet if not once anything disturbs me i cant go back to sleep anymore. t.t

hahahaha.. excited hor.. mine oso notti ytd.. kip moving ard dun let us see.. i got to do 2 rounds den completed... lol

I went to both Baby Hypermart & Baby Kingdom after the Baby Expo. Baby Hypermart got many cots and strollers but mostly expensive brands. Baby Kingdom got more accessories and clothings and as what Mummy Delvy said, not as cheap though. The only consolation is the stroller we were considering are cheaper than Kiddy Palace. Keke~ Hopefully the upcoming will be much better.

hi. i heard that mdm Jumie is good too.. Will be trying her service after my detailed scan.
Frankly speaking, I cannot say she is very good. To me, she alright only. The only bad thing about her is her time management. She takes quite sometime (can be a day or 2) to reply sms and she can tell me she want to change the appointment (eg. 8pm) on the very day, 8pm after I smsed her to let me know when she's arriving. After changing it to the next day, she didn't even bother to sms/call to let me know she'll be late for an hour. She only call when I smsed her whether she's coming or not after she's late for 1/2 hour. Both my hub and I are not very happy with this so most likely will find someone else. If you girls are interested to get her, just make sure you remind her every now and then.