EDD Sep 2010

MummyK

Hi MummyK... was thinking of getting medela bottle or tommee tippee... does your sister In law uses medela bottles too?? How isit?
mrs_eg.. both my sisinlaws are using NUK bottles and pacifier(both Latex). Think I'll follow too.. =))

mrs_eg

mrs_eg.. both my sisinlaws are using NUK bottles and pacifier(both Latex). Think I'll follow too.. =))
Ok... NUK... may i ask?? why NUK? wat is the reason? :)

Ladies....
Wat are ur reasons when U settled with a particular brand of bottle...?
Cos to me... they are all similarly competitive in terms of their 'advantages'...
many are BPA, many are anti-colic... etc... wat were ur criteria when choosing bottles?
Any 2nd time or 3rd time mummies (or more) here?? Maybe can share???

mrs_eg

Hmm.. strangely I've been okay with falling asleep - in fact normally the moment my head hits the pillows I'd drift off very quickly. dont know why I feel so tired everyday haha~ wake up at 7am to go to work, back home by around 6 plus, sometimes in the evenings will go to nearby malls with hubby to walk walk, have dinner.. then by the time it's 11pm I would be knocked out.

Do you ladies take afternoon naps? Maybe if you dont't take naps (and dont't take caffeinated drinks) you might fall asleep more easily at night?

Another reason could also be comfort - try out all kinds of 'formations' with your pillows, buy extra ones if necessary. I didn't realise how uncomfortable it was to lie flat on my stiff mattress until I tried sleeping on my springy couch, legs and shoulders raised. I really find that position most comfortable!
Maybe because I sleep until very late...
But I sleep until very late is because I cant fall asleep until maybe 2am.....
So this vicious cycle continues....
And I dun take naps or caffeine... hahaha

Hmmm... I guess it is jus normal for some mothers I heard...
We have 3mths plus to go!!!!

xian

Christina... me too here... I cant sleep well... cant stay too long lying on the left... cant fall asleep too... have to toss and turn at least 1.5hrs... before I can hopefully drift off to dream land... sob sobs...

Hmm the Bumwear cloth diapers sounds good... BUt I am curious... may I know the reason you are buying 2 brands of bottle?? pigeon and tommee??

Hi MummyK... was thinking of getting medela bottle or tommee tippee... does your sister In law uses medela bottles too?? How isit?

I was aiming for tommee but my husband wants pigeon as there was this lady (customer) who was beside us when we were checking out tommee.. She said that her newborn doesnt like tommee, so my hubby was worried and we bought pigeon.

When we got home, my mother-in-law also said that tommee is a good brand so am thinking of returning to get the tommee milk bottle bundle @ $35.

And here I am, checking with you Mummies which is better.

The $35 tommee bundle includes 2 x 150ml, 2 x 260ml, one pacifier and a cleaning tool.

Do you ladies take afternoon naps? Maybe if you dont't take naps (and dont't take caffeinated drinks) you might fall asleep more easily at night?
Don't take afternoon nap cause gotta work. Falling into dreamland is not very difficult, just that I'll wake up frequently cause positions not good or need the toilet.

Ladies....
what are your reasons when you settled with a particular brand of bottle...?
Cos to me... they are all similarly competitive in terms of their 'advantages'...
many are BPA, many are anti-colic... etc... what were your criteria when choosing bottles?
I'll be getting Tommee Tippee cause the teats resemblance the shape of the mummy's nipples (correct me if I'm wrong) and I got feedbacks from my cousin that her son use already not too bad. Hopefully mine use already will like it..

Fiona73

Ok... NUK... may i ask?? why NUK? what is the reason? :)

Ladies....
what are your reasons when you settled with a particular brand of bottle...?
many are BPA, many are anti-colic... etc... what were your criteria when choosing bottles?
Had been using Avent since my No. 1. Will continue to Avent for my No. 2. For me, Avent bottles are quite durable and easy to wash becos of the wide opening as well as easy to stir for powder. All my sister inlaw were using NUK, becos they claim the tit is design like our nipple. (but I found avent tit is the same size as my nipple instead, that was one of the reason why I use Avent for my no 1, whom was breastfeed for 7 mth before I change to bottle.

Nowsday, bottles from most manufacturer has similiar benefit and features. I think the most important is your child like it or not. So dun buy too many bottles yet till you try them on your baby. They will be able to tell you which brand you buy.

MummyK

Ok... NUK... may i ask?? why NUK? what is the reason? :)
She said during course she went to, she was told that it resembles Mother's nipple.. haha, I guess more or less all the brand explains similarly. We just have to hit with one brand and go. Since both my sisinlaws are using NUK since my nieces were born and have no problem so far, I'll just go with the same brand.

Any Mummies has decided on Diaper brands?

nightingale

A friend of mine has changed at least 3 different bottle brands for her 4 mth old boy - from NUK to Avent to Playtex. Apparently he would be ok with one for a while then reject it such that she had to try other brands. Or maybe we just need to be more persistent when offering the bottle? haha~

I bought Tommee Tippee - needed to top up to $80 at Mothercare to get the VIP membership lol - I think the bottles are all quite similar in terms of their features, just get one that you like (don't buy too many) and make sure it's a popular brand that is readily available in shops near you so that you can get replacement teats easily. :)

mrs_eg

She said during course she went to, she was told that it resembles Mother's nipple..
ya... I got a friend who's using NUK also said the teats have the closest resemblance to a mother's nipple......

Was at the fair jus now... but didnt see NUK (anyone saw?)... so duno how 'close' a resemblance it is... Where can I find NUK bottles???

BTW I was there looking at tommee tippee and medela... both only one type of material of teats... I only get to feel the tommee tippee one... not that 'soft' actually.. but I like the shape of the bottle and teats... The only thing is... I am wondering if I shld buy the breast pump set as well... anyone use the breast pump b4? The only reviews I've found are from UK website.. they say the pump is too noisy....

As for the medela... it is good they display it and let ppl see the pumps... and I've heard more good reviews of medela pumps than the rest... Im actually eyeing on the medela SWING.. but compare to tommee.. (with the bundle promo and all) ...seems that it is abit more ex...

So Im kinda... lost... havent decided if I shld get the breast pump and bottles bundle.. or jus buy the bottles...

Btw.. are AVENT bottles cheaper than Tommee and Medela? I didnt have time to go check out the Avent booth...

mrs_eg

Had been using Avent since my No. 1. Will continue to Avent for my No. 2. For me, Avent bottles are quite durable and easy to wash becos of the wide opening as well as easy to stir for powder. All my sister inlaw were using NUK, becos they claim the tit is design like our nipple. (but I found avent tit is the same size as my nipple instead, that was one of the reason why I use Avent for my no 1, whom was breastfeed for 7 month before I change to bottle.

Nowsday, bottles from most manufacturer has similiar benefit and features. I think the most important is your child like it or not. So dont buy too many bottles yet till you try them on your baby. They will be able to tell you which brand you buy.
Hi Fiona...

You've been using Avent... may I know does it have leaking problems..? cos I've read that some mummys encounter that problem...?

And also... are you using the Avent breast pump as well?

MummyK

ya... I got a friend who's using NUK also said the teats have the closest resemblance to a mother's nipple......

Was at the fair just now... but didnt see NUK (anyone saw?)... so dont know how 'close' a resemblance it is... Where can I find NUK bottles???

BTW I was there looking at tommee tippee and medela... both only one type of material of teats... I only get to feel the tommee tippee one... not that 'soft' actually.. but I like the shape of the bottle and teats... The only thing is... I am wondering if I shld buy the breast pump set as well... anyone use the breast pump before? The only reviews I've found are from UK website.. they say the pump is too noisy....

As for the medela... it is good they display it and let ppl see the pumps... and I've heard more good reviews of medela pumps than the rest... Im actually eyeing on the medela SWING.. but compare to tommee.. (with the bundle promo and all) ...seems that it is abit more ex...

So Im kinda... lost... havent decided if I shld get the breast pump and bottles bundle.. or just buy the bottles...

Btw.. are AVENT bottles cheaper than Tommee and Medela? I didnt have time to go check out the Avent booth...
Yep, I'm actually looking out for NUK booth at the fair also but can't find any.. You can find NUK products at most of the baby products corner..
I saw their website and realised they actually have BPA free pacifiers too..

Anyway was wondering how many bottles should we get and what sizes?
My sisinlaws advise me to get ard 4bottles so that I can sterilise the rest while using 1 for feeding..

mrs_eg

I went to the baby fair today and bought a baby cot, pigeon milk bottles and bumwear cloth diapers.

Those deals are not as fantastic. But they do give out some freebies.

Cot = $359 (near entrance)
Pigeon bottle = $12.70/bottle
Bumwear cloth diapers = $169 (4 diapers + 12 inserts)

I am thinking of getting the Tommee Tippee bottles bundle as well.

Mummies, any recommendation for milk bottles? Pigeon or Tommee Tippee is better?

Hey Xian... and everyone else...

Anyone know what is the price of the traditional cloth diapers?? Covers and linings?`

I was thinking if it is worth it to go for the modern cloth diaper design like bumwears... :)

mrs_eg

Yep, I'm actually looking out for NUK booth at the fair also but can't find any.. You can find NUK products at most of the baby products corner..
I saw their website and realised they actually have BPA free pacifiers too..

Anyway was wondering how many bottles should we get and what sizes?
My sisinlaws advise me to get around 4bottles so that I can sterilise the rest while using 1 for feeding..

aiya... buy too much also scared baby dun like and have to change all again...
But i guess i will go with the flow of how many bottles those "bundles" are giving... :)

Fiona73

Hi Fiona...

You've been using Avent... may I know does it have leaking problems..? cos I've read that some mummys encounter that problem...?

And also... are you using the Avent breast pump as well?
I din experience leaking problem till I change to use 330ml bottles with the philips Avent. We need to close the cover properly to prevent the problem.

Yes, I use Avent Manual breast pump. Quite neat and handy for work. But I must say manual pump is very tiring. Especially, most 1st time mummies will experience wrist problem due to the posture during breastfeed and handling the babies. Most of the friends use Medala (if I spelt correctly) dual electric pump. They claimed fast and good.

Actually you can visit Marina Square, Paragon or Vivocity for checking baby stuffs (all in the same levels).

Happy shopping. :)

Last edited:

xian

Hi Mrs Eg. I have no idea how much those traditional cloth diapers cost but it should be much more cheaper.

For me, my hubby and I cant resist the fanciful design of the bumwear cloth diapers. So we ended up buying the cheapest package they have.

Hi, I wants to get the tommee tippee bottles bundle very badly. Does anyone knows where else do they have such promotion?
Expo is too far for me. Anyone going to the fair and is staying in Jurong West or will frequent lakeside/jurong east/sembawang station?

Can help me to buy? I can transfer the money immediately. Please PM me if anyone can help. Thanks.

mrs_eg

I did not experience leaking problem till I change to use 330ml bottles with the philips Avent. We need to close the cover properly to prevent the problem.

Yes, I use Avent Manual breast pump. Quite neat and handy for work. But I must say manual pump is very tiring. Especially, most 1st time mummies will experience wrist problem due to the posture during breastfeed and handling the babies. Most of the friends use Medala (if I spelt correctly) dual electric pump. They claimed fast and good.

Actually you can visit Marina Square, Paragon or Vivocity for checking baby stuffs (all in the same levels).

Happy shopping. :)
Icic.... actually leaking problems when feeding or when carrying the bottles around? Could it be bcos of their 'anti-colic' function at the part where it is attached to the bottle? Did u mean that 'closing it properly' is in another words, screw the attachment properly?

Anyway thanx again for answering my queries... :001_302:

mrs_eg

Hi Mrs Eg. I have no idea how much those traditional cloth diapers cost but it should be much more cheaper.

For me, my hubby and I cant resist the fanciful design of the bumwear cloth diapers. So we ended up buying the cheapest package they have.

Hi, I wants to get the tommee tippee bottles bundle very badly. Does anyone knows where else do they have such promotion?
Expo is too far for me. Anyone going to the fair and is staying in Jurong West or will frequent lakeside/jurong east/sembawang station?

Can help me to buy? I can transfer the money immediately. Please PM me if anyone can help. Thanks.

hahaha Thanx Xian... I went kiddy palace to check it out...
In case anyone interested to know... 10-12 pcs of cloths cost abt $17-$22.. as for the diaper cover.. there is different size unlike the bumwear which can be used from 0-2yrs.... so have to buy larger size when baby is bigger... and the covers range btwn 4-10bucks...

Anyway you are right... the traditional one is definitely cheaper... but of cos... I believe not as comfy as the bumwear design...hehehe... need some convincing power to persuade my hubby to buying that.. hahaha

p.s.: Sorry xian.. Im in the east... cant help u much there...:err:

nightingale

Dropped you a PM! Gimme a buzz if you still need help, I'm going down again tomorrow. :)

Fiona73

Icic.... actually leaking problems when feeding or when carrying the bottles around? Could it be bcos of their 'anti-colic' function at the part where it is attached to the bottle? Did you mean that 'closing it properly' is in another words, screw the attachment properly?

Anyway thanx again for answering my queries... :001_302:
Np Mrs. Eg. Yes, is the screwing portion that leak. Once is done properly, I dun experience leakage with the bottles. But again if you are the type who dun like to carry bulky bag around, avent may not be your choice cos it really take up spaces in the bag especially when u r out for like whole day where washing is not possible (3 fat bottles in the bag + milk powder + napkin + additional clothing + wipes + water = no space le)