Edd Nov 2010

Priss

Hi there!

My mother is available to be a Confinement Lady and she is having so much passion about it. She loves children and has good cooking skills. She is a Malaysian, chinese, 58+, speaks chinese, cantonese, hokkien. All 5 of my brothers and sisters are grown up now, and she is happy to provide her service to any mother.
Anyone interested contact via taipriscilla@yahoo.com

christine77sg

cookiemonster>> I did detailed scan in wk 22. Bb was 490g then. Actually I was worried tat he is too small, cos both hubby n I r quite small build. We were worried tat he may tak on our genes. I saw fr anothr forum tat a mum's bb was 700+g at wk 23! I can't imagine tat. Is urs a girl or boy? Usually boy will b bigger? (mine is a boy)

The problem was detected during detailed scan. Gynae says aspirin is safe for baby. But he leave it to me to decide whether to tak or nt, cos baby is still growing well. He is jus afarid tat the blood flow thing may affect baby's growth at the later part of the pregnancy n it mayb too late to tak by thn. I m at a lost.

PTB7476

cookiemonster>> I did detailed scan in wk 22. baby was 490g then. Actually I was worried that he is too small, cos both hubby n I r quite small build. We were worried that he may tak on our genes. I saw fr anothr forum that a mum's baby was 700+g at wk 23! I can't imagine that. Is urs a girl or boy? Usually boy will b bigger? (mine is a boy)

The problem was detected during detailed scan. Gynae says aspirin is safe for baby. But he leave it to me to decide whether to tak or not, cos baby is still growing well. He is just afarid that the blood flow thing may affect baby's growth at the later part of the pregnancy n it mayb too late to tak by thn. I m at a lost.
most of the time if the parent are small build likely the child will follow.

did he say what cause the blood flow issue ??

MargaretB

hm.. when i went for my detailed scan 5 weeks ago, my boy was only 300g, and the doc told me that at that point of time, fetus shd not be more than 300gm. but now seems like not true le! i'm a bit worry. :nah: as i'm subsidized, there wasn't any scan done when i went over for regular check up last friday, only check on bb's heartbeat. so i didn't what is his weight now. will only got to know about it during my next check up on 16 Aug.

christine77sg

PTB>> Cos blood vessel narrow. Tak aspirin will thin blood n mak blood flow better to the womb. Preventive measure to avoid hindering baby's growth. I m suppose to tak the medicine till 2 wks b4 delivery! Suddenly I was thinking wat if I hv to deliver early n din't manage to stop the intake in time. Will I overbleed during delivery? (Touch wood)

Margaret>> I did my detailed scan in wk 22. Most ppl do it in wk20. So it depends whn u did urs. I heard most babies r ard 350/+- in wk20. So ur bb shld b fine. R ur hubby u also small size? We were also worried, esp my hubby. He keeps feeding mi w durian these few days as he heard it will mak baby grow. Although I only tak ard 3 seeds each time.

PTB7476

PTB>> Cos blood vessel narrow. Tak aspirin will thin blood n mak blood flow better to the womb. Preventive measure to avoid hindering baby's growth. I m suppose to tak the medicine till 2 wks before delivery! Suddenly I was thinking what if I have to deliver early n did not't manage to stop the intake in time. Will I overbleed during delivery? (Touch wood)

Margaret>> I did my detailed scan in wk 22. Most ppl do it in wk20. So it depends whn you did urs. I heard most babies r around 350/+- in wk20. So your baby shld b fine. R your hubby you also small size? We were also worried, esp my hubby. He keeps feeding mi w durian these few days as he heard it will mak baby grow. Although I only tak around 3 seeds each time.
if the doc need you to take then no choice...initially my gynae wanted me to take aspine too cos of my family medical history of high BP but because i am allergic to aspirin she decided not to let me take and now on off on off i have to watch my diet and my BP and so far so good... (thank goodness) your gynae will monitor you closely so if you are close to delivery (even early one) he would have detected and ask you to stop the aspirin so you wouldnt overbleed...dun think negative :) btw dun eat too much durian they are very high in sugar content ..surely you dun want to end up diabetic right ? beside we are still in early stage...by the time u reach 3rd trim then you load with durian still not too late but still must be careful of the sugar content...why dont you drink milk instead ?

Margaret...based on what i read from net... 20wks is from 300g onward, so if your doc din say anything guess it should be fine...i read from some other forum, some BB less than 300 but above 290 gynae also din say anything ..so no need to worry

MargaretB

PTB>> Cos blood vessel narrow. Tak aspirin will thin blood n mak blood flow better to the womb. Preventive measure to avoid hindering baby's growth. I m suppose to tak the medicine till 2 wks before delivery! Suddenly I was thinking what if I have to deliver early n did not't manage to stop the intake in time. Will I overbleed during delivery? (Touch wood)

Margaret>> I did my detailed scan in wk 22. Most ppl do it in wk20. So it depends whn you did urs. I heard most babies r around 350/+- in wk20. So your baby shld b fine. R your hubby you also small size? We were also worried, esp my hubby. He keeps feeding mi w durian these few days as he heard it will mak baby grow. Although I only tak around 3 seeds each time.
ic.. ya, maybe u shd ask ur gynae on these and seek for her advice =)

hm, we are short (but not thin :p) i'm only 154cm while he's 165cm.. so i don't know if he is following our sizes.. :tlaugh: i'm not sure is it becoz until now i still prefer to sleep on my back (left is better as nutrients will flow to baby easier), i will turn to sleep on my back automatically even when i was on my left at the beginning.. durian, i don't dare to eat much too as i'm afraid my sugar level will be high. hehe~ ya, i heard from my sis too that durian will make baby grow.

cookiemonster

cookiemonster>> I did detailed scan in wk 22. baby was 490g then. Actually I was worried that he is too small, cos both hubby n I r quite small build. We were worried that he may tak on our genes. I saw fr anothr forum that a mum's baby was 700+g at wk 23! I can't imagine that. Is urs a girl or boy? Usually boy will b bigger? (mine is a boy)

The problem was detected during detailed scan. Gynae says aspirin is safe for baby. But he leave it to me to decide whether to tak or not, cos baby is still growing well. He is just afarid that the blood flow thing may affect baby's growth at the later part of the pregnancy n it mayb too late to tak by thn. I m at a lost.

Oh... im having a boy too... tat's why doc has said baby abit underweight on my detailed scan on week 20 ... been trying to eat more.. but been quite busy at work so sometimes no appetite to eat alot too... haiz.... hope i gain more soon.

Think probably take asprin every few alternate days to prevent the problem instead of daily to reduce any side effect. I was chatting with my collegue over lunch she has a friend who had the same issue ... she said worst is her friend is allergy to asprin.. then now gonna do injection everyday..
Don't worry too much... monitor it and check out alternative on web... :) Hope everything goes well for all of us

PTB7476

ic.. ya, maybe you should ask your gynae on these and seek for her advice =)

hm, we are short (but not thin :p) i'm only 154cm while he's 165cm.. so i dont't know if he is following our sizes.. :tlaugh: i'm not sure is it becoz until now i still prefer to sleep on my back (left is better as nutrients will flow to baby easier), i will turn to sleep on my back automatically even when i was on my left at the beginning.. durian, i dont't dare to eat much too as i'm afraid my sugar level will be high. hehe~ ya, i heard from my sis too that durian will make baby grow.
try hugging the bolster and placing a pillow your back it will prevent you from rolling back to lay on your back :p

MargaretB

try hugging the bolster and placing a pillow your back it will prevent you from rolling back to lay on your back :p
Hahaha~ yeah, that's what i am doing now too. ^_^

oh ya, just to check with u girls. anyone of u experience baby kicks lesser but still moving everyday? i did mention this to the doc when i went for my regular check up on 16/7, but she didn't say anything after i said bb still moving everyday. just check bb's heartbeat using the doppler, and said heartbeat is good (reading is 140).

this is my 1st time pregnant, worry about so many things.. :nah:

PTB7476

Hahaha~ yeah, that's what i am doing now too. ^_^

oh ya, just to check with you girls. anyone of you experience baby kicks lesser but still moving everyday? i did mention this to the doc when i went for my regular check up on 16/7, but she didn't say anything after i said baby still moving everyday. just check baby's heartbeat using the doppler, and said heartbeat is good (reading is 140).

this is my 1st time pregnant, worry about so many things.. :nah:
if the doc din say anything guess should be fine.

my BB is not those active... only exercise a couple of time a day :tlaugh:

PTB7476

LOL~ okie okie. how time flies, 3mths+ to go only ~ i'm getting more and more excited!!

Start to buy babies' stuffs already mah?
how many weeks are you? Me only 22 wkd still early :tlaugh: so far only
Bought cot and playpen from Robinson expo sales

eurostar

ya me feeling excited also...near to 4 more mth to go for me :)
onli got baby cot + 1 rocker chair
as for stroller my mind keep thinkin abt stokke xplorer stroller eversince I saw the demo at tanglin mall
also looking at breast pump + changing table (those whf drawer below type) now

christine77sg

Margaret>> My hubby n I r also abt the same as u n ur hubby! :) It is also my 1st pregnancy. (High five) My bb is usually vry active n always giv kicks. (Tat day he kicks his dad on the face whn he was trying to hear if bb was awake):tlaugh: Today, also feel he is less active than usual, although he still moves. But my colleague says no worries, cos sometimes bb also nd to rest. :001_302:

I m in my 23 wk. I hv alrdy started buying many things. I think I m probably the most kaisu over here. Jus to name a few of the things I hv bgt. 2 playpens, sterilizer, milk bottles, teats, breasts pump, car seat, mittens, booties, towels, pigeon system mugs, nail scissors, playmet, 3 in 1 exersaucer, lots of clothings, nappy clothes, teethers, rattles, pillows and etc. Heehee... too much alrdy. But I m still buying:tlaugh: I m gonna top up more during the Taka fair. So looking forward.:Dancing_tongue:

PTB7476

Margaret>> My hubby n I r also about the same as you n your hubby! :) It is also my 1st pregnancy. (High five) My baby is usually vry active n always give kicks. (that day he kicks his dad on the face whn he was trying to hear if baby was awake):tlaugh: Today, also feel he is less active than usual, although he still moves. But my colleague says no worries, cos sometimes baby also need to rest. :001_302:

I m in my 23 wk. I have alrdy started buying many things. I think I m probably the most kaisu over here. just to name a few of the things I have bgt. 2 playpens, sterilizer, milk bottles, teats, breasts pump, car seat, mittens, booties, towels, pigeon system mugs, nail scissors, playmet, 3 in 1 exersaucer, lots of clothings, nappy clothes, teethers, rattles, pillows and etc. Heehee... too much alrdy. But I m still buying:tlaugh: I m gonna top up more during the Taka fair. So looking forward.:Dancing_tongue:
Woah that's alot stuff :eek:

christine77sg

Mayb cos he is our 1st after "accumulating" $ for 5 yrs (cos we hv bn trying for more than 5 yrs), I jus can't stop buyin!

The list is going to get longer. There are still so many things to buy...food warmer, nappy liners, bottle brushes, detergent, shampoo, music mobile, bath towels, toys n more toys...heehee..:001_302:

PTB7476

Mayb cos he is our 1st after "accumulating" $ for 5 yrs (cos we have brand new trying for more than 5 yrs), I just can't stop buyin!

The list is going to get longer. There are still so many things to buy...food warmer, nappy liners, bottle brushes, detergent, shampoo, music mobile, bath towels, toys n more toys...heehee..:001_302:
so you guys are well prepared financially and mentally for this young one :tlaugh: