House Warming a must ?

Hi All ... need yr advise.

I am moved into a new house 8months ago and quite lousy to arrange house warming party. :shyxxx:

some of my friend said it must to have house warming party, because party will make a noise... emmm for what purpose, she cannot tell me,
she just saying that is a tradition .

is it a must for house warming party in a new house ? if we do not have any party, is it OK in chinese custom ?

please share whether you have a house warming party for new house or not.

hehehhehe thanks in advance for any input.

apollo

I am moved into a new house 8months ago and quite lousy to arrange house warming party. :shyxxx:

some of my friend said it must to have house warming party, because party will make a noise... emmm for what purpose, she cannot tell me,

is it a must for house warming party in a new house ? if we do not have any party, is it OK in chinese custom ?

i think this is up to individual. i think u're same as me, cos both me and my hub are those v low-profile kind. if can dun 'party' we try not to.. haha.. but we are thinking mayb we shd combine ds's bday party and hse warming tgt next time. haha!

what I know is, when there's a place that was left to be quiet or have not been occupied or exposed to people much, that's where the spirits will live, and because they don't like loud sounds, some says they are scared of it.. maybe that's the reason but I'm really not so sure as they only said that to me.:001_302:

stonston

Depending on your religion.

For Buddhists, house warming is suppose to create alot of noise to 'inform' the 'things' there that this house is occupied.

For Christians, it's a chance to bless the house with fellow Christians and share your blessings with others (blessing = you have your own house).

meiteoh

For me, it's not really based on religion but just to celebrate the fact that you've achieved a milestone in life. It's not easy to buy a house so congrats!

For most people, the rite of passage into adulthood comprises of a few things - getting married, having children, buying your own home and so forth. A house warming is a way to share that joy with others plus it's a good excuse to have a party. :)

I just bought my own place recently and moved in over the weekend so will be having a house warming in September to celebrate. You don't need to invite a lot of people - just have a few close friends over. If you don't feel like cooking, you can get a caterer or make it a potluck event. :)

think most people do it also because they want to share their joy of having a place oof their own
but I heard also people say ask people to our new house to create a din is to bless the house or something.

I didnt do any house warming. Cos my friends all feel that I stay very far, dun wan to come :err:

CanCanMum

nope i dun hav any house warming before, we juz moved in quietly after we DIY our house reno Lolzzzz

ermmm the ONLY time when it was most noisy is

1) the night before we got customary wedding coz my house is filled with a total of 30 pax (4-room nia)

2) and the days when my MIL stays here, coz she speaks berri loudly, as if we are quarrelling lOlzzzzzzzz

CanCanMum

i think this is up to individual. i think you're same as me, cos both me and my hub are those very low-profile kind. if can dont 'party' we try not to.. haha.. but we are thinking mayb we should combine dear son's bday party and house warming together next time. haha!
beibei~~~~me oso low profile :shyxxx:

nebber mind, low profile got low profile kindO party *wink* kekekekkekeke

Last edited:

apollo

nope i dont hav any house warming before, we just moved in quietly after we DIY our house reno Lolzzzz

ermmm the ONLY time when it was most noisy is

1) the night before we got customary wedding coz my house is filled with a total of 30 pax (4-room nia)

2) and the days when my mother in law stays here, coz she speaks berri loudly, as if we are quarrelling lOlzzzzzzzz
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

beibei~~~~me also low profile :shyxxx:

nebber mind, low profile got low profile kindO party *wink* kekekekkekeke
low profile go YYY tgt?? ***Wink wink***

autumn82

I did housewarmng for my place coz wanna have a gathering with friends and also that the house will be noiser coz we are pretty quiet family... :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

CanCanMum

really horrr, when my mIL is staying here horrr, when i reached the lift lobby, haven even went into my house, can hear her voice lorrrrr

UN says khek pple talk tat time like quarrelling lorrrr

super paiseh..................

autumn82

*innocent look*

*points to beibei*

whispers : she has a threesome invitation card to YYY :p
OOT!!! Horrr!!! :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

really horrr, when my mother in law is staying here horrr, when i reached the lift lobby, have not even went into my house, can hear her voice lorrrrr

UN says khek pple talk that time like quarrelling lorrrr

super paiseh..................
sounds so familar, it's as though you're speaking abt my MIL.. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

CanCanMum

please type at least a phrase "HOUSE warming" otherwise sure kenna warned by kopiboss :p u noe wad i m saying horrrr

so generally house warming is up to individual not really a custom i guess. i tot house warming is more of western den eastern beliefs?

hahahaha thanks a lot for all the replies, next week priest will come to blessing my house and invite close friends.

for party i think its a good idea to combine with one occassion eg DS b'day. :Dancing_wub: thanks!!!