Pan Tang Matters

Gluttonish

Alamak, i did some sewing (& cutting of the thread) on my bed few days ago.

is there any way to undo the pantang-ness?

did anyone did the same and delivered a perfectly normal baby??

keefu

Alamak, i did some sewing (& cutting of the thread) on my bed few days ago.

is there any way to undo the pantang-ness?

did anyone did the same and delivered a perfectly normal baby??
Hmmm when I was pregnant I did some cutting on the ribbon on my mattress but it's those single mattress for my own sleep as I live seperately with my husband... I was very scared too but luckily my baby turned out fine.

Gluttonish

Hmmm when I was pregnant I did some cutting on the ribbon on my mattress but it's those single mattress for my own sleep as I live seperately with my husband... I was very scared too but luckily my baby turned out fine.
Thanks, am so worried now, was searching on the net, but seems like hit rate is almost 100%, i was hoping that someone will tell me they did the same thing but nothing happened to the baby.

keefu

Thanks, am so worried now, was searching on the net, but seems like hit rate is almost 100%, i was hoping that someone will tell me they did the same thing but nothing happened to the baby.
Yah hoped nothing happens... Did you cut on your marital bed??

Renzie

hmm, i continued eating mutton, sotong and most things, orange juice drank abit but hubby's grandmother say cannot drink too much or will cause phelgm, only then i stopped, same for ribena, drank lots of it until they say stop due to it being too cooling.

did you cut on your marital bed? i did sewing and cutting ( removing the labels from baby's clothes and patching up hubby's torn pants) during my pregnancy. They also painted my house during that time, but of course i was banned from it, for my own personal reason due to the fumes caused by the paint, but i did stop by once in a while. My princess came out though small size but perfectly normal. (she was detected to be a small sized baby even before I did all those things)

Don't worry so much.

Gluttonish

Yah, did the cutting and sewing on marital bed. I was mending a hole on my DD's uniform, and was having backache, so sat on the martial bed to do the sewing.. sigh...

popcornsMUM

Hi all,

I'm new here. We were thinking of painting our room in preparation for the arrival. Can I just be absent from the house when painting is done?

And why can't we shift our bed? Cos we might need to. =(

Renzie

I think it should be fine. I was still staying at the house though it was at the other parts of the house.

Shifting of furniture according to the elders its some god or something who might be situated there that day, hence if you want to move the furniture need to consult the chinese calender where the god might be (think its the earth god , tu di gong) or something. As long as he's not at that part of the house you can move the furniture. But then hubby and his brother still moved. lol. though got a huge scolding from the grandmother after that.

Moment

i jus shifted my bed but not my marital bed. I occasionally wil go bk to my mother's place as i stil ve my room there. I shift it bcos i nd to do some cleaning but later shift bk to original position. my mum was surprised that i shifted my bed n told mi i'm not suppose to shift. Oh no.. wat wil happen?

Last edited:

dolphinelim

Hi, i'm new here... if recently i just did some sewing for my own clothes but not on the bed and also i trim my own hair fringe, are these pan-tang matters?

mamamiao

I try not to pan tang, the more I pan tang, the more stressed I would be... coz I will be wondering, "can do this or not?... do that ok or not...??"
coz some pan tang is just inevitable, so rather than doing half-half pan tang, I choose not to pan tang at all...

dolphinelim

ya... i also try not to be too pantang...but can't help thinking and worrying whether what i can do or cannot or wat i have done is can or cannot... very stressing.... haha

Carisella

Whenever I'm using the scissors or knife or cutter, I'll always say , "Baby, mama cutting things hor, don't come so near ah" .. haha.. i know will sound and look very funny but I do it just in case lo..

mamamiao

help??

mums...
I got something to ask... since yesterday, I found a small needle-like pin (like a pin we use when we sew) at the from door.
every morning I will send my husband to the front door and kiss him byebye. I live in a HDB, ...
I dont want to think about something stupid or superstitious... is there any legend about this?

I mean, who would leave needles at my front door every morning??
my neighbor is a guy, I don't think he would be doing any sewing at the balcony... >.<"
yesterday my hubby found 1. today he found 2... I ask him to throw it away to the rubbish chute... I didn't touch it tho...
at first I didn't think about anything, but after my hubby found the 2 needles today, then I started to think about weird2 things...
so far no one know that I'm preggy except my hubby n an old friend of mine who live across the sea ... ( I have to told her because I'm asking her for advice when I discovered I got spotting, that was labeled as threatened mc by doc)

I didn't know cannot eat sotong is because will "cause" umbilical cord to tangle bb's neck. I never eat sotong and cuttlefish because my mum said so. I think my mum also dunno bah. Everytime I asked why she just said," Don't eat lah!" Now I know!

When I preggy I totally never shift anything at all. Table not straight I don't dare to straighten it. See liao very gao weh. My walls got little paint dropped off I asked HB not to do anything. My mum asked me not to touch needles or nails, but I got sew(cos I forgot). When the delivery man came to deliver and install the baby cot, I hide in the bathroom. When my HB assembled something bought from IKEA I went downstairs to have lunch lol!

Very pantang and at the same time can be very bo chup for other matters. Cos I kept thinking that, aiyah, anything to keep the bb safe. Cos my aunt, she sew and cut on bed and my cousin(same age as me) got cleft lips at birth.