Pan Tang Matters

PTB7476

anyone heard that we cannot buy baby stuffs till 1mth before the baby is due??
i was chatting with my friend, and she told me, cannot do shopping till 1 month before due date.
true??
never heard of this... all the pregnant woman i ever known start shopping since 2nd trimester

bbloelim

ya...i was also shopping around for unisex stuffs, and looking for 2nd hand playpen. til my fren said tat..i suddenly stopped everything..=_=

PTB7476

my grandma just passed away and my mom and all the aunties are pan tang and asked me to avoid the funeral :err: feel kind of weird :weconfused:

pkshl

anyone heard that we cannot buy baby stuffs till 1mth before the baby is due??
i was chatting with my friend, and she told me, cannot do shopping till 1 month before due date.
true??
yes, i heard of this before. but its really up to yr belief. for me, i started shopping for baby stuffs in my 2T cos 3T too tired to shop + my feet started to swell.
my grandma just passed away and my mom and all the aunties are pan tang and asked me to avoid the funeral :err: feel kind of weird :weconfused:
my grandfather-inlaw passed away when i was in my 1T. my parents & inlaws told me to avoid the funeral. they said will clash with baby.

PTB7476

yes, i heard of this before. but its really up to yr belief. for me, i started shopping for baby stuffs in my 2T cos 3T too tired to shop + my feet started to swell.
my grandfather-inlaw passed away when i was in my 1T. my parents & inlaws told me to avoid the funeral. they said will clash with baby.
then after the funeral can attend wedding , birthday or full month celebration ??

jas2909

For normal people.. If there's white matter in the family i think you need to wait 100days before attending other people's wedding.. As for preggie to attend wedding.. I think it's up to your believe whether red matter and red matter will clash or not.. and also inform the couple for their decision whether to let a preggie attend or not.. But during my wedding.. there are people who attended without letting me or my husband know she have white matter in her family that have not pass the 100days thing and also another friend is preggie.. :nah: luckily nothing went wrong during the event.. :err:

Last edited:

Renzie

ya...i was also shopping around for unisex stuffs, and looking for 2nd hand playpen. til my friend said that..i suddenly stopped everything..=_=
don;t worry about it, if really shop for 1 mth b4 due date, I'll be too exhausted to do so and too tired to clean up all the new stuff, also she popped out 2 weeks b4 her due date...imagine if i had done my shopping much later on.

My in laws bought baby clothes during mid of my 2nd trimester. The rocker chair etc during late 2nd trimester. And baby's stroller n bed 2 days before she popped! I was waiting for hubby to come back to SG before shopping together in the end i was admitted into hospital to be induced then hubby rushed to go buy.

july-winter

must avoid cats coz i heard there is one disease associated with cats that may cause miscarriage one.. better siam when you see one .
Think got something to do with the cat's faeces??? dunno if correct spelling or not??? I read somewhere from the pregnancy book abt avoid handling cats during pregnancy as the cat's faeces got some bacteria or virus that can cause miscarriages indirectly or directly.

As long as u (mtbs) avoid touching these cats be it stray or home pet with your hands, it shd be fine to walk ard any stray cats or watever. :Dancing_wub:

Anyone know whether preg woman can visit fren who just delivered bb in da hospital? Coz my fren gonna deliver nxt mth... Can I visit her in the hosp?

PTB7476

Anyone know whether preg woman can visit friend who just delivered baby in da hospital? Coz my friend gonna deliver nxt month... Can I visit her in the hospital?
u are asking the same question as the TS...please refer to page one :001_302:

bbloelim

i think better not visit at hospital.
my cousin give birth, i also nv attend, my mum, MIL & hubby all stop me from going.
but i will be visiting my cousin after her baby 1mth at her house.

jas2909

I avoided hospital partly becoz pantang.. mainly becoz of the germs in the environment..

Pantang me didn't visit my newborn cousin at the hospital.. saw the newborn for the first time only at his 1st month party..

Aiyo... I cn't tell my frens that I m preggie coz I m only 5-6 weeks preg, then wat excuse shud I use coz she's my closest colleague in the office...

PTB7476

Aiyo... I cn't tell my friends that I m preggie coz I m only 5-6 weeks preg, then what excuse shud I use coz she's my closest colleague in the office...
IMHO... best to tell someone close in office cos touch wood if anything happen they know and can react accordingly. i told my closest colleague when i am in 5th wk

But if I tell my closest colleagues, I will hav to tell my parent n parent in law first ( dun wan to bypass them), does this constitute to breaking pantang rule #1: cannot tell other ppl I m preg while I m still in 1st tri. Sigh.....So far, only my Hubby knows

PTB7476

But if I tell my closest colleagues, I will hav to tell my parent n parent in law first ( dont want to bypass them), does this constitute to breaking pantang rule #1: cannot tell other ppl I m preg while I m still in 1st tri. Sigh.....So far, only my Hubby knows
for me... my parents and closest colleague know about it when i am 5th week :p to me telling pple close to me are not = breaking the pantang rule :p