Need recommendation

Sarah Loh

Hi all, i am doing my confinement now, and would like to introduce my confirnement lady- Aunt Kiau to those who are interested, she is very handworking , do all the house work, cook for the family and take care of baby and myself. she is very hygiene and motherly..those who is interested you may contact her directly at 9094 2456 or 017-7165175 and tell them you want the same service that you provided to Sarah :)

babylover

Hi All Mummies to be,

I just finished my confinement and thought i should share with you about the good confinement nanny that i engaged. The week before I went for labour, I am 71kg. Comparing to now, 59kg. I had lost 12 kg after giving birth, mostly thanks to my confinement nanny. Before pregnancy, my health condition was very poor. My face was often as pale as paper. After birth, with my confinement nanny's receipe, I feel more energetic and i can see my health gradually turning for the better than before.

People often say that pregnant mothers tend to drop loads of hair after birth, which is true. However, to help me, my confinement nanny put some herbs in my red date tea which I took for a week and it alleviated my condition! In fact, only few strands of hair drop per day when combing. Its unbelievable that just my red date tea alone have 8 different kind of herbs used...

Mine was natural birth but without any epidural neither nor any pain relieve except the laughing gas. Therefore, after birth, I can feel the extreme pain. In chinese medicine studies says, meals with chicken or egg are not allow during the first 12 days. However, I didnt know about this, hospital's confinement food comes with herbal chicken, I ate the whole bowl. Plus, my grandma boil black chicken, I drank all. I was in great pain the first week. Lucky my nanny know how to help me. She ask me wash with salt water. At first, I thought this confinement nanny is crazy, the wounds sure extremely painful to be contacted with salt water. I still challenge her on this. In the end, I followed her instruction because the pain was unbearable that I have to try. Surprisngly, the next day, the pain almost gone...

My baby has serious blocked nose and was not able to drink well. He wakes up hourly for milk, even at night! Thankfully, my confinement nanny was very patient, she wakes up to feed him without fail. I then brought my baby for a checkup during the 2nd week, the doctor said that by right my baby should be skinny due to his trouble of ingesting well. Surprisingly, he weighs 5.2kg that day (baby at birth weighs 3.6kg). With only 2 weeks plus, he grew so much. My nanny even volunteered to stay for another week after confinement (usually 28 days) to look after the baby with no extra charge!

She said being a confinement nanny is her interest and definitely not because of money. With more than 20 years experience, I trust her to taking care of me and my baby as well. For the one month, she really did a very great job. So mommies, to those who have not found a good, responsible confinement nanny for yourself and is still in dilemma, you may consider her. Message me for her contact details!

Cheers to motherhood!
HI Autumn, so envy that you have met a good CL. I did not hire CL when I had my first born. My MIL took care of us as we co-stayed. I would not say I had a good time during confinement as I'm not used to the food that my MIL cook, althought she's really helpful. But now we move out, and bearing my second baby which is due in this April 24. So most probably I will need help from CL as my MIL will take care of my elder daughter. Would you please share your CL's contact no. and the charges involved? I'm really worry and panic now as my due date is coming in 3 months yet I have not sorted out any helps...

maneo0302

HI Autumn, so envy that you have met a good CL. I did not hire CL when I had my first born. My MIL took care of us as we co-stayed. I would not say I had a good time during confinement as I'm not used to the food that my MIL cook, althought she's really helpful. But now we move out, and bearing my second baby which is due in this April 24. So most probably I will need help from CL as my MIL will take care of my elder daughter. Would you please share your CL's contact no. and the charges involved? I'm really worry and panic now as my due date is coming in 3 months yet I have not sorted out any helps...
Actually you should find a CL after 3 mths preg, as CL are booked very fast. But i guess its still not too late for you.
For me, i will not ask my MIL to take care of me. No matter what, she's still your in-law. You can't throw temper or tell her off when she's wrong. So, I will rather spend some money on CL rather than attract conflicts. :)

usagibb

Actually you should find a CL after 3 mths preg, as CL are booked very fast. But i guess its still not too late for you.
For me, i will not ask my mother in law to take care of me. No matter what, she's still your in-law. You can't throw temper or tell her off when she's wrong. So, I will rather spend some money on CL rather than attract conflicts. :)

ya, I agree CL is so hard to book lei....my gf recommend me one which is always kena book by others...i recommend to my SIL, she didnt manage to get, and me also...haha...we not fate with her and so now i better faster find one, i scare wait later more difficult to find...my first one is done by my mom, but now she will help me take care of my elder one, so i will have one CL to fully take care of me...hehe...i think better if not my mom will be so tired...

maneo0302

I booked one CL already. She's now doing confinement with a friend. Heard that she's good and clean. 2.1k. Is that expensive? In June this year.

hellokitty256

[FONT=&quot]My CL, Auntie Chong has more than 18years of experience in taking care of CF mummy and baby. She is a great cook and she would prepare food to your preferences. She would even cook for my hubby if he is home for meals.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Good knowledge of herbal soup. She can cook a type of herbal soup to expel the bad blood in the uterus after delivery. Don’t be surprise if you suddenly have heavy flow of menses as its good to have it out of your body instead of inside.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Auntie Chong can be contactable at HP: 81535205(S'pore line)/+60167209255(Msia line) [/FONT]

maneo0302

Are confinement ladies from agency any good?
I'm not sure about that. But i have booked one that's from Msia, and not from agency. But I heard that if your CL is not good (from agency), you can still change them. from my point of view, as CL are mostly hired for only a month, its very late to have them changed if you are not satisfied with their work.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Autum

Good that you still have mother in law to help you. I am not so fortunate. My mother in law very old already and got no experience. It's good to get a experience CL as they have more knowledge since this is their everyday job. :)

maneo0302

I agree with Autum. Get a good CL as this will affect your body when you want to have a second baby. The experienced CL will know what is best for you...

pipilili

Yep, I am using Autum's CL.(my EDD Aug) Thanks Autum...

Btw guys, just wanna share something with you. One of the MTB from forum said her friend's CL MIA. That's very sad.:err:

maneo0302

CL MIA! Aiyo...that's a big big headache. Guess i will call the CL at least 2 times before i'm due, just to be sure.

Autum

You are most welcome. You don't need to worry that the CL I recommend will go MIA cos she is gonna visit you. :)

Yep, I am using Autum's CL.(my EDD Aug) Thanks Autum...

Btw guys, just wanna share something with you. One of the MTB from forum said her friend's CL MIA. That's very sad.:err:

snooch17

Hi Mummies,

If you need a confinement lady after June 2011, you can try my current confinement lady. Both my husband and I are very thankful that we have gotten her.

She has really been a great help. She takes the initiative to do most of the chores without me having to remind her. She cooks well and dont't mind cooking extra for my husband or mum or mother in law when they visit. She also does my husband and my laundry on her own accord and painstakingly hand wash the baby's clothes cos she says its a waste of water to use the washing machine. Plus, she does light household chores on her own accord and cleans and mops the kitchen after cooking.

Most importantly, she respects my decisions and always asks how I would like to handle my baby. When asked, she will then provide advice and opinions. Unlike some confinement lady, she is not against breastfeeding and would bring the baby to you for feeding at night.

The reason why I'm "advertising" for her is because she shared that if they get cases through agency, the agency will charge them $600 agency fees! Which I feel is so unfair. So word of mouth is the best for them.

Anyway, we call her as "Lin Tai" and her singapore contact no is 84349500

BOYS

Help! Need a non stay CL for edd end Jul. Any mummies with good recommendation?

Tried calling a few but mostly need to stay over :nah: