Need recommendation

BabyDolphin

Hi all, I just finished my confinement during dec. The lady was very good in her duties that i extend her 2 more weeks to help me out. She does housework,cook 3 meals, take care of bb n me. She would teach me hw to take care of bb.She stays at our house and would chat with me. Help out whenever my family members need anything. Cooks tonics for me.. She clean, and very hygiene..This very impt for bbs!!!Pm me for more details.
Hi py85,

Can I have the CL contacts? My EDD is mid May'11. Please email to dolphine_draken@yahoo.com.sg. Thanks!

Pauline

tootteee

My confinement lady (Aunty Siew Fong) is very good. She is very experienced and very compassionate to teach and share her experience with us.

She is pleasant, honest, responsible. She also handles my new born very well. What I like about her is she constantly spend time talking and singing to my newborn. My newborn just love her.

She cooks very yummy food for me and husband.

In addition, I am a clean-freak. She is also clean and neat and help us with the housework.

I extended her for 1 more month after the confinement. She told me that she also does part-time babysitting in between of confinement jobs for parents who plan for a gateaway.

If anyone interested, you can contact her directly 82088600 or +6017-6119198 (Aunty Siew Fong)

shln168

Hi all

Am currently into my 3rd week of confinement and thought i'd thank my confinement lady for her help so far by recommending her services. She's called Aunty Bi Ai from Malaysia. Communicates mostly in Mandarin, Teochew or Cantonese. While she can understand English, she isn't too fluent in it.

The pertinent points below:
1. Supportive of breastfeeding. Willing to bring me baby every 3 hours, even at night if i ask for her. Helps with feeding baby formula milk as supplement after that.

2. Handles baby lovingly, gently and patiently. Can see that baby feels secure when she handles her. Sometimes, she has to carry baby till 3+am when baby is fretful! No complaints!

3. Cooks for my family of 5, lunch and dinner. Granted she doesn't do much housework like mopping of floor in baby room as we have a domestic helper. But it does show that she's a give and take person, which is quite important for me! I'd not want to have a confinement lady who's very calculative!

4. While she has her own practices, she is willing to adapt to my request for certain things (which may not be the best afterall since it's mostly textbook teachings from TMC which can't be applied wholesale).

5. I have several dogs at home - she's not one who's afraid of them and will sometimes play with them. This may be helpful to dog owners?

No nonsense of getting to work during her first day before receiving an ang pao etc. Neither did she make unreasonable requests like having to charge extra for climbing up and down the stairs many many times a day, an extra fee i was quoted by some CLs when they heard it's a double storey place!

As she's going to be with me till 28 Oct, feel free to PM me or drop me an email at wywyatwork@yahoo.com if you'd like to speak with her/meet up with her before that.

And no, i am certainly not earning any commission from this! Just thought potential mummies might find it helpful to have one more reference.

Cheers

Gwen Zhong

hi all,

does anyone know any good CL who only help out in e day time? As my house is too cramp n small thus there are no extra space for her to sleep at.. Kindly appreciated if anyone can help me with this problem.

Mum2bee

hi...i am here in tis thread to recommend my confinement lady....
Auntie Tianhua from malaysian(pahang)
right now i am still doing my confinement.... :)

tis cl is recommend by my friend cl which we find is quite gd

bring my baby sun tan at 8 am
cook breakfast,lunch,dinner (for whole family)
bring my dogs for walk & feed my dogs
take care baby
wash clothes(baby & my family)
mop the floor daily
water the plants

the food that tis auntie cook is delicious but nt oily
she is very supportive of breast feeding
she also hv alot of knowledge on chinese herbal soup(wat to boil & cook)

the best ting i like abt tis cl is she is nt dat kind of i am veri experience u muz listen to mi
she hv alot of initiative & friendly
in terms of food u can tell her wat u like to eat & how u like it to be cooked & she will do it for u
BUT of cos if those food that u cant eat she will tell u u cant eat & drink
and also tis cl is cleaner than my family...always remind us to wash hand b4 carrying the baby cos we always pat our dogs

and like most cl she will ask u to wear bedroom slippers at home,dun sit on the floor,always bring u red date water to drink,ask u to eat ur food,dun walk ard bad for ur pelvics etc etc And also she need a short afternoon nap cos they hv to take care of baby at night

but the best ting abt her which i like abt is she told mi not to eat ginger,herbal stuff,wine during the lst week cos scared baby got jaundice
she uses shallots & lemon grass in the food instead to get rid of the wind for mi

tis auntie also always eat the leftover night food(which i feel quite bad but she insisted to eat cos she dun like to waste)

overall she is beter than wat i expected cos after listening to all the MOnster CL in forum

example:extremely old school type,nagging,bossy,lazy,dirty type

i am so scared dat i will be in depression mode haha
but i glad dat i am fine hehe

right now i am happy to share tis cl with ur guys here :)
i hv no commission and also nt in any relationships term with tis cl jus purely find her gd dats all

as for her charges i tink u need to call her personally to chk
cos she charge mi might be more x
mine is a family of 5 plus 3 dogs with no maid

can pm mi for num if anybody interested :)

Mum2bee

pms all reply :)

anyway jus to add on

i did let the cl know that i hv dogs at home at the first place
she also tell me that she dont know how to bath for dogs & i say is ok my hubby will do it cos was told she was bitten by dogs during young times....

tis cl was intro by my gd friend cl cos her cl is nt free to do it for me :)

Mum2bee

hihi...all pms replied
due to alot of enquiries

i think it will be better for me to leave her num here so ur can chk the details with her personally :)

+6-013-9977374 auntie tianhua

LakshimiRaja

Re: Confinement lady to recommend!!!

Hiiiii
can anyone recommend me yr confinement nanny? edd is around 1st Wk Apr 2011.
Will be good to have an indian confinement nanny.

Kizzy

My edd is in march n it is gonna be a c section. I m also a first time mommy.

Would really appreciate to have some reccomendations on good CL. My friend had a really bad one... A lil scare n skeptical.

Thank u to all the mommies here. :wong19:

Mum2bee

pm replied...

auntie tianhua got herself a spore line

ur can call her at 98963237 or 013-9977374 to chk out more details from her

thank you :)

azukipancake

Had a good confinement nanny called Connie, her Singapore number is 90558326. She is a good cook, makes yummy soups and was v hygienic when it came to taking care of my newborn (very meticulous in cleaning and bathing). She was also flexible in her menu and cooked Western dishes, when I sometimes found the confinement food too much :)

Mum4Life

Hi All,

Thought I contribute since I benefitted from this forum:

Like many others, I was in my mid 2nd trimester before I started looking for confinement lady. By then, it was too late as the confinement ladies recommended by relatives and friends have been taken up. Fortunately, I came across this website and tried the contact provided by Miss S (page 12). Lan Jie, the confinement lady, is indeed knowledgeable and up to the tasks (thank you Miss S).

She is a great cook and able to handle the baby well (though I must say that my baby girl is more 'cooperative' than his elder brother when he was a baby). Besides cooking and taking care of the baby, she also takes charge of my daily house chores. Anyway, she will be going back by mid Dec 10. If you are interested, you can contact her while she's still in Singapore.

Hp: 83678380 (Singapore)
Home: +60 6431 7107 / +60 17 393 0801(Malaysia)

M

mkoo

hihi... sry for asking this as it is my first time getting a CL.

are e rates for malaysian CL in spore dollar or ringgit?

amount exclude herbs / ingredients for cooking?

thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:

MeganLim

Hi,

Sgd$2000 for 28days. Red packet when she arrives and complete. $18-$48 up to individual as this is just for luck.

Herbs and ingredients all bear by us. Its all standard.

thanks...[/QUOTE]

M

mkoo

Hi,

Sgd$2000 for 28days. Red packet when she arrives and complete. $18-$48 up to individual as this is just for luck.

Herbs and ingredients all bear by us. Its all standard.

thanks...
[/QUOTE]

thanks alot Megan :001_302:

Last edited by a moderator:

stressfulbee

:Dancing_tongue:Hey mummie here

Call this S'pore non stay CF lady, she honest & nice, more than 10yrs experience, great cook with different CF food on 28days & tonic soup.

I had try her twice & recommended to my all my friend, they say her cooking is very nice till they finish every meal she cook...

Call her at HP: 98476976

rabbit mom

Hi,

Can I have the contact of your confinement lady? I just asked one and she is charging 2.2K. Is this the market rate now?

Thanks.

Regards