Edd nov 2011

didy

:)
btw, I wun suggest drinking Milo during confinement leh. You know after delivery, we will still have constipation problem and worse is we cannot push at all due to stitches. Milo very heaty one. So I tink I just stick to red date water.
we will still have constipation after delivery?? *FAINT*

hotmilktea

Yes mummies, is call postpartum constipation.
all magazines i read, chinese or ang mo will say this is unavoidable. most suggest taking lots and lots of fibre and lots of fluid. BUT STILL !!!!!!
its suppose to be worse than consti during pregnancy.

Really faint loh... i thought this problem will be over once bb is out...

mrswan

Hi mummies,

Not good for me, I strained my left butt cos I sit too long, strained my right ankle cos I stand too long and walk too much.. now I cant do anything with all these pain... :(

didy

Hi mummies,

Not good for me, I strained my left butt cos I sit too long, strained my right ankle cos I stand too long and walk too much.. now I cant do anything with all these pain... :(
woah... take care, mrswan! now i walk really very slowly.. and the most i can take is 1.5hr of walking without sitting. by that time my lower back will be aching the most.

by the way will we still have water retention after delivery? i really cannot take it anymore.. i can't even wear my watch now! :(

missyqiqi

hello mommy here's the updated list!

Finish my appointment to orthopedic and physiotherapy today. Can't do much because can't do x-ray or MRI, so just physiotherapy. The therapist almost had his eyes pop out when he found out how I injured myself, but thank god I'm not doing all the carry and squatting anymore, otherwise he going to struggle me.

Today I cried coz felt useless, because pass few weeks, my hubby has been fetching me to and fro from work. To work is ok, but after work is an issue because he work late and sometimes make client at after office hours. So pass week I have arrange to meet my friends or accompany for his appointment which he try to arrange the timing which suits all of us.

But tmr he really can't fetch him home, so he ask me what plans I have. I told him nothing but I can go home myself. But he said how am I going to go home myself, coz I can't stand for more than 10mins, so imaging if nobody going to give seats to me (or snatch seats from me which I encounter twice under my nose, some people just couldn't be bother). I said its okay. Can't remember what exactly my hubby said, but too me is kind of sensitive and I feel even more useless, I started crying. When the doctor saw me, he ask me is it because of pain I cried, i told him no, and brush it off by smiling.

After seeing doctor, hubby feel bad he bring me to eat my fav food while waiting for physio, I cried again while eating. Actually until now, I still feel upset and bad.

After my left leg numbness issues, I can't remember how many times I cried for feeling useless and this time round is worse.

My colleague keep on asking me to take early maternity leave, but I really don't want, coz I don't want stay at home do nothing and I think I will feel even more upset..

Although I really enjoy my pregnancy even up to now, how I wish nov will come faster, don't want my baby come out to fast because to early not good for baby also.. haiz.. trying to think positive and happy, so scared that it will affect my baby.

ok enough of my ranting, mommies, just learn something from the therapist today, he ask me to do some pelvic exercise to strengthen the pelvic muscle so u wouldn't feel so heavy or straining. For pain he suggest hot compress for 10 mins, more than 10 mins will be no use. And also kegel exercise
Basic Exercises for Pregnant Women

maybe u gals want to try it out, and see if it works, and also he said is good for smooth delivery also. :)

Last edited:

hotmilktea

hi qiqi,
pls dont feel so despair! cheer up, we all gonna pop soon. all these will gone soon!

a few mummies have comment feel useless also, but somehow i dont feel it leh, rather i take it as a "advantage". everything is -i pregnant leh.
i feel useless that how come i dont feel useless ! i must be too ya ya already.

says who we are useless? we are going through a lot of hardship lor. we have to eat and yet we scare to put on weight, we got water retention, we got nausea, rashes and we cant POO!!!! and not to forget we gonna go thru labor pain, and stress of having breast milk or not, and stupid confinement and then still cant POO !

escago

hey hotmilktea,

I like your last paragraph, you are so humorous :) I suddenly encounter this poo issue this few days too, and yakult doesn't seem to work for me now gosh *_*||

I think mummies are very "wei da", so we should be "proud" of ourselves and not be too upset. I was just counting down with hubby just now, just 8 more weeks and we can see bb already, really looking forward to that day!

Hi missyqiqi,

Hope you will hang in there! Actually my friend told me before that she literally asked the passenger to give up seats for her when she is pregnant. Somehow I think when you asked already, the person would have no choice but to give up the seat for you. Maybe you can try that next time? I think quite hard to reject pregnant woman right? Must make use of our tummy to fight for some rights haha :p

Hey let's all stay positive and be happy!

Sherwawa

Well said, escago n hotmilktea!

Escago

If yogurt drink does nt seem to work, you may want to try warm honey water. To be taken in e am wif empty stomach. My gf uses Manuka honey n she swears by it!

hotmilktea

haha. yakult and yogurt never works for me.

but really, oat helps. i hate oat sooooo much but wat to do, it helps me. initially i drink prune juice, but after a while prune juice dun work also
i put 5 tablespoonful and mix with honey (pure honey or manuka honey) and hot water. eat first thing in the morning.

hey hotmilktea,

I like your last paragraph, you are so humorous :) I suddenly encounter this poo issue this few days too, and yakult doesn't seem to work for me now gosh *_*||

I think mummies are very "wei da", so we should be "proud" of ourselves and not be too upset. I was just counting down with hubby just now, just 8 more weeks and we can see bb already, really looking forward to that day!

Hi missyqiqi,

Hope you will hang in there! Actually my friend told me before that she literally asked the passenger to give up seats for her when she is pregnant. Somehow I think when you asked already, the person would have no choice but to give up the seat for you. Maybe you can try that next time? I think quite hard to reject pregnant woman right? Must make use of our tummy to fight for some rights haha :p

Hey let's all stay positive and be happy!

durianfan

Missyqiqi - yes, hang in there... counting down by weeks yah :-D * hug hug*
Though I am having GDM and low lying placenta currently (plus other stuff like cannot poo, water retention, etc), I still think that pregnancy is an amazing journey with a life growing inside us.. It comes with concerns and worries but whenever baby's kicks, I feel so "In Love"..

加油 nov mummies... hip hip hooray!! :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

Last edited:

hotmilktea

for mummies who need to poo badly, this is what i did today.

5 tablespoonful of oat ( quaker brand in red tin), and 1 tablespoon of honey - mix with warm water until oat is "cooked"
pour into blender, add milk or sugar free soya bean milk.
blend all together and gulp down !

alternatively, if add milk, can make it into smoothie by adding banana, watermelon, it all goes well.

i hate to sit eat my oats spoon by spoon, it feels like forever, for this, i just gulp down. and few hours later i poo !

lingx

hi mummies, i have stretcvhmarks!! and it looks damn bad.. like spider webs. :( i bought avent , and it doesnt work. then my mum told me to use olive oil as it works.. bu it doesnt. how much does the clarins thing costs? and it is really that effective? if it is, i will get it asap! and my tumy itches real badly and i have been trying to resist stratching it, b ut seems like i cant.

and whats more, my stretchmarks are all in front, below belly, and its dark red. :(

didy

hi mummies, i have stretcvhmarks!! and it looks damn bad.. like spider webs. :( i bought avent , and it doesnt work. then my mum told me to use olive oil as it works.. bu it doesnt. how much does the clarins thing costs? and it is really that effective? if it is, i will get it asap! and my tumy itches real badly and i have been trying to resist stratching it, b ut seems like i cant.

and whats more, my stretchmarks are all in front, below belly, and its dark red. :(
hi lingx, sorry to hear about ur stretchmarks. clarins is working for me so far.. but it helps to prevent stretch mark, and not to reduce the stretch mark that is already there. nonetheless, you can still use it now to prevent even more stretchmarks.

hotmilktea

hi lingx
I don't think clarins will be helpful to you now because the stretchmarks already happen.
You may go the the clarins website, there are 2 kind of tonic oil, which is more concentrated than the cream,maybe you can give it a try.
The stretchmark cream cost abt $80 at counter and the oil also ard the same price.
But u can buy online or at Chinatown swanston, cost ard 60 or so.

escago

hey lingx,

I bought Clarins stretch mark cream at Parkway Parade B1. There are two stores selling (Peaches and Herbs; Valentine Fragrance & Cosmetics). The price is $61.50.

escago

Thanks for your suggestion :) sounds like a nice drink.

for mummies who need to poo badly, this is what i did today.

5 tablespoonful of oat ( quaker brand in red tin), and 1 tablespoon of honey - mix with warm water until oat is "cooked"
pour into blender, add milk or sugar free soya bean milk.
blend all together and gulp down !

alternatively, if add milk, can make it into smoothie by adding banana, watermelon, it all goes well.

i hate to sit eat my oats spoon by spoon, it feels like forever, for this, i just gulp down. and few hours later i poo !

escago

Thanks! I have finished up the honey at home, looks like need to really stock up to prevent this poo issue.

Well said, escago n hotmilktea!

Escago

If yogurt drink does nt seem to work, you may want to try warm honey water. To be taken in e am wif empty stomach. My gf uses Manuka honey n she swears by it!