EDD Aug 2011

jovin83

Haiz, have a little problem with MIL too. She dun allow me to carry bb in bornjour carrier.. saying " I dun like" what the heck. Dun even wish to give me reason. Read an article abt MIL... she behaves jus like the article. "When nai nai say yes means yes" Guess it didnt matter wat mum and dad say.

Yesterday I was so mad.. brought bb out and she ask if i got carry bb instead of leaving him in pram. I say I did. Next thing I knew was... she ask my niece who's 8 yrs old... and my sis in law... If i "really" do it... This is the first time in my life ppl doubt me like this!!!

I felt so miserable....does this happen to u gers? I think a sit down tok with her and hubby helps? Need to set the boundry.. U're nai nai and I am the Mother...This is my son.. pls dun tok bad abt me infront of my son... " see ur mummy dun want u"

Lord... help me :'( Bad day!!

applebee212

Dear Mummies,

I have 6 packs of Huggies S size (44pcs). Overstocked for my bb as he is now changing to M Size. Able to fit from 3 - 7 kg. My son wear from 2 - 5 1/2 mths. He is more than 7 kg now. Selling at $10.00/pack. Retail selling at $13.00.

Interested pls sms at 91083801. Thanks!!

engel

Jovin...*hugs* maybe she hurt ure feelings unknowingly? Yeah a seat down talk with her and hubby should b good rather than u bare it all inside in silence as you might lose your cool one day and just burst out.... The tension would b worst then...

Purpeace

Hi to all mummies,

I hv MIA again for awhile... Can't help it. My only free time now is to read design magazines for Reno as I really hope I can shift in to my new home asap.

Some updates:

My milk supply has came in finally, not sure is it because I continue with my 1st bottle of fenugreek, I can pump about 160ml each time now. (when engorged) Also, I remember one mummy advise us eating bean curd and tofu which I tried and the supply increased. So it's probably a combi of factors, you gers may try these to boost your supply too.

Breast milk wise i usually freeze right after I pump to maintain it's 'freshness'. Then i will thaw one bottle that was frozen previously in the fridge and feed my baby within 2 days if necessary. if after 2 days still nv use I will mix with fm to giv my #1 to drink, or else have to discard by the 3rd day. Once thawed cannot be freeze Bk.

May I ask how much does your baby drink at every feed now? My ger is 8 weeks and drinking between 90-110 ml of EBM each time.

jessmummy

hmm... my input is do not freeze straight away if you intend to take it within the nx 2 days because it will simply destroy the antibodies. in order of best quality is freshly expressed, chilled then freeze. freezing will not keep freshness in milk but will kill the good stuff

i constantly keep 8 bottles in the fridge for my girl to take when im back at work. only when my output is more than her intake i will freeze and only intend to use it for emergency e.g. when i fall sick or need to do a tooth operation, or solely to mix into her porridge later

my girl at 10 weeks taking around 120ml but depends on her mood. sometimes takes 80ml..

hows your little ones pooing? my girl poos every 2 days and on 2nd day before poo she gets so frustrated. sigh

engel

Mine drinks abt 110-120 ml each feed... Every 3 hrs unless at night... Sleeps on time at abt 11pm... Wake up abt 4 am for feed...

She poops abt 1-2 times a day.. Yellow mustard colour..

quesmama

Hi mummies,

My 6wk old daughter has lots of phelgm in her mouth, doctor said her lung is ok and ask us to clear as much phlegm from her mouth as possible, she sometimes puke together with milk. Her breathing also seems loud and it kinda affect her appetite becos of ths.

Is there any other method I can try to get rid of her phlegm? Heartache to see her suffer..

kimyen

Mine is like that too.

I went KKH to see cos worried.

They gave him nose drops but not very effective.
According to them, it will go off by itself which is true, so fret not.

Hi mummies,

My 6wk old daughter has lots of phelgm in her mouth, doctor said her lung is ok and ask us to clear as much phlegm from her mouth as possible, she sometimes puke together with milk. Her breathing also seems loud and it kinda affect her appetite becos of ths.

Is there any other method I can try to get rid of her phlegm? Heartache to see her suffer..

PiggyHui

My boy drinks 120ml for formula milk and some time 150ml.
For EBM is about 100ml each time.he is 8weeks already.
But if i latch him on he can finish sucking one breast within 10mins. My milk supply not tat much. =[

quesmama

Mine is like that too.

I went KKH to see cos worried.

They gave him nose drops but not very effective.
According to them, it will go off by itself which is true, so fret not.
Hi Kimyen,
Thanks for the assurance. How long does it take for your boy's phlegm to go off by itself? It's been 3 days already for my daughter. My mom in law asked us to let her try chinese medicine 猴枣散,today is 2nd day taking the med, hopefully it helps to dissolve the phlegm. she cried a lot when drinking..sigh

kimyen

Takes abt 1 - 2 weeks

Hi Kimyen,
Thanks for the assurance. How long does it take for your boy's phlegm to go off by itself? It's been 3 days already for my daughter. My mom in law asked us to let her try chinese medicine 猴枣散,today is 2nd day taking the med, hopefully it helps to dissolve the phlegm. she cried a lot when drinking..sigh

jovin83

Hi Kimyen,
My son has that too on his 2nd week.. Cold and cough I cried becos of that. But dun worry continue Bf, it will go away. I use roll up cotton to help him remove some from his block nose.

quesmama

Thanks Jovin83. yeah i clean her nostril with roll up tissue everyda after bathing her too..will just have to pray that her phlegm will go off soon

My son has that too on his 2nd week.. Cold and cough I cried becos of that. But dun worry continue Bf, it will go away. I use roll up cotton to help him remove some from his block nose.

jovin83

Np!! Lately after seeing the doc again... my boy got sinus.. so is normal. But of cos urs will go away. Jus hope our bf helps!

My boy is drink between 100-120ml now. :D I try to store 5 bottles of milk in fridge while the bal I will freeze it for future use :D

quesmama

so envious tht some of u already able to store breastmilk..i'm still struggling to boost up supply, pump until my hand sore only get 20ml! :(

jovin83

Maybe can try hand expressing? I find that better than using my pump ...
Normall I will use the electric pump till not a drip left then I use my hands. Nothing to envy, supply also not like I can rest my mind and sleep thru the night. Still have to work hard for my supply...

jessmummy

base on my boosting supply experience

i ate alot, drank alot - havent even attempt to diet because baby eats what i eat
latch as much as possible, and pump after each latching session.
pump diligently every 3 hours , if can pump at 2 hours. and if baby suddenly wakes up after you pump, latch on.
rest when baby sleeps. try not to do your own thing yet (like surf net watch tv - do those whilst latching/pumping)

fenugreek and mothers milk tea helps too but i feel the previous few points contributes more.

my supply say up from 130 to 250 - at longer intervals of 6 hours ups from 180 to 340.

jovin83

Jessmummy, u so lucky... mine 3 hrs is abt 120ml and 6 hrs is abt 240ml. I dun latch on at all now. Maybe when mil away hahha I can try.. but no time to pump after each latch cos he may seems hungry after that then i busy go to boil water to heat up the milk again.

Anyone using food warmer? issit gd.. i didnt buy last time cos mil prefer to boil water but for me if each night i got to boil water very xiong leh... so thinking to get a warmer anot.