Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

Assalamualaikum all,

I'm due 14 May 2012. Expecting my 3rd princess. I've 2 princesses already so adding another one to the family. Hubby's the only male in the house :001_302:

mosqeetoh

Hi again ladies, enjoying the long break i hope! :D

Dr suzannah is nice and friendly, my previous appt was the first time i saw her...... as long as she answers my questions and give proper explainations I'm not fussy hehehe. she's an associate consultant so i guess must be quite experience la.

I did ended up taking epidural for my first cuz the labour was just too long! 16 hrs! at the end of it all, just can't take the pain. some ppl warned me of side effects of back pain and all that but I know ppl who still suffer frm back serious problems even though they go without epi for 3-4 deliveries! So I just dunno what to believe!!!

Never thought of attending prenatal classes, u know with our extended families and all the well-meaning aunties we end up with over-flow of knowledge in any case lolzz. take the good, throw the bad. See what works best for me and my baby! instincts are very impt to me.

i guess i'll be on my own during confinement. My mom is bedridden and i dun feel like troubling mil (unless she insists! hehe) My bro's wife volunteered to send food for a week and I hope i can persuade my niece to come over and stay for a few days so i can order her arnd :p

Any experienced makcik urut to recommend ladies? maybe someone who can bath the baby as well?

I've not taken epidural before. Not for both my deliveries. But I must say I still suffer from back pain. My friend's gynae told her that it is not the epidural that causes back pain. It is the actual pushing of the baby that causes us back pain.

Anyway, I didn't take the epidural not coz I didn't want to. But alhamdulillah my deliveries were quite fast for both my girls.

Mosqeetoh - I did my confinement on my own too coz both my mum and MIL cannot help out. But I guess it was easier with the 2nd one coz I was more experienced. My hubby took a week's leave to help me out. My makcik urut is quite good but I dun knw if she bathes the baby.

themissus

Alamak Fadeela, then you must think I'm late to the game too; I'm turning 29, and am expecting my first, just a year older than Ummi! Got married late 2010, but had to undergo D&E in March, coz my baby wasn't developing well. Alhamdulillah she returned a couple of mths later, and now I'm expecting her in my arms this March insyaAllah :)

And yay Ummi, I'm staying with my parents too! My bkt pjg bto will be ready around 2014 thereabouts as well. Feels like a long wait, but I'm thrilled to have my girl help design / decorate her own room :p

Oh, mosqeetoh, my makcik urut has been tending to my sis & sils, and if I'm not mistaken she bathes the baby as well. She's pretty popular amongst the Chinese ladies too. Lemme know if you need her contact :)

With just 8 weeks to go, I'm getting pretty nervous, as I haven't been exactly the fittest during this pregnancy. Been having Braxton Hicks now and then, and I can't walk for too long. My knees had been hurting for a long while now, so sujud pun duduk on a chair since I can't bend much. Maybe I should start looking up the squats Fadeela suggested. Nak intercourse pun rasa cam mak buyong, so don't think can! Haha

mosqeetoh

oh ya themissus, i wud like to have the makcik urut number! it helps to have someone do the bathing for the baby, specially if we're on our own. desperately need a massage even now... helps with the wind and tension i think :D
I'm like constantly bloated in the tummy! anyone else have the same issue? any remedies? I have to skip dinner cuz of this problem. I've always been big-sized all my life but first trimester (i didnt know i was pregnant and my mom was in ICU for almost 2 mths) i lost a lot of weight and now at 7 mths i've only put on like 2-3 kg. But baby is fine so i'm not worried.

wow 8 weeks to go! I feel nervous for u too lolz... i think the pains are all quite normal, dun worry too much. once u've given birth everything will be back to normal with proper diet and exercise i guess. my sex life has like spiralled to once a mth after the 2nd trimester! every night too tired and bloated :((

Ummi

Waalaikumsalam RamblingMummy, hee congratz! Another princess!! Means more dressing up! hehehe.. I would love to have a girl.. :p coz my mom has 3 grandsons!! hahaha.. but Allah has other plans for us.. another BOY to add to the 3 stooges.. apapun.. we shld be blessed eh? :)

So share lah sikit hows ur labor like..?

Who is your gynae? :)

Ummi

Hi themissus,whats D&E? 8 weeks to go!! wheeeeey~ jia yuo!! hehehehe.. insya Allah dipermudahkan bersalin ya.. :)
hehehehe no no intercourse? but i heard it helps tau!!... heh heh... :p

themissus

mosqeetoh: I've PM-ed you the makcik urut's details :) And yesss, I'm always super bloated. Gynae says eating smaller meals, but more frequent will help with the bloatedness, as compared to eating a large lunch / dinner. Btw, wow you've only gained 2-3kg? I'm the flipside, always struggling out of being underweight, then when I'm finally acceptable, my pregnancy's made me gain too much! Kept getting scolded by the gynae, and almost had to go for the glucose test, but Alhamdulillah since baby's average weight, size, and is healthy, no need :p

Ummi: D&E is dilation & evacuation, a procedure to remove the foetus in the 2nd tri, coz my baby was already 13wks then. Thanks for the doa, sis! I might try intercourse, but I think we'd just both end up laughing! Haha

Assalamualaikum everyone,

Can I join you ladies here? :) I'm 26 years old, expecting my first baby this April, insya-Allah. It's a boy & my gynae is Dr Jasmine Mohd. Seeing her at KKH Private Suite... I'm excited but overwhelmed at times because of all the changes my body is going through during pregnancy. My morning sickness just ended! It lasted till i was 6 months + and suddenly one day I woke up and its gone! Alhamdulillah. :)

Last edited:

Ummi

Waalaikumsalam wondershine :)

Alhamdulillah & yipeee to morning sickness which is gone! :)

Have u started buying stuffs for the baby? :) im having a boy too insya Allah! First timers too! ;)

mosqeetoh

morning ladies!

themissus - thanks for the makcik urut contact, tried calling yesterday but her phone seems off. will try again later tdy!
I'm now eating smaller portions instead of one heavy meal, it helps! this morning felt like having cinnamon toast and since i sprinkled fresh cinnamon powder on my toast, the air came out in explosions!! LOL then i realised it's cuz cinnamon is supposed to tarik angin :D

wondershine - congratz and inshaAllah u can now finally enjoy ur pregnancy w/o the morning sickness!! I'm at kkh too, maybe can bump into u someday!

Ummi, I'm actually very tempted to start shopping for my baby boy too but keep putting if off cuz ppl say dun buy too early. Nevertheless i cudnt resist buying a couple of rompers at kiddypalace sale last mth hehehe... do u gals have a checklist of the necessary items to buy? I'm just thinking of a few newborn tops and long pants, caps, booties/mittens, baby blanket, bedung, bottles and toiletries. anything to add?
and yes the baby cot of course, the rest of the stuff can be bought much later right....

Ummi

Good Morning Mosqeetoh!

:) hee.. i tot of going to the baby fair this feb at spore expo... will be about 23 weeks by then insya Allah... too early??
No checklist for me... maybe can start collating one soon~
i loveeee baby rompers!! cute sangat2! hehe..
i saw one knitted baby kopiah bright blue! so tempted to buy... but put on hold first lar.. heh..
wat abt stroller?

Waalaikumsalam wondershine :)

Alhamdulillah & yipeee to morning sickness which is gone! :)

Have you started buying stuffs for the baby? :) im having a boy too insya Allah! First timers too! ;)
thanks dear. how's your pregnancy going along? yes, finally i can goodbye to morning sickness! i had morning sickness quite late in my pregnancy... it only started at the end of my first trimester and lasted all throughout my second.

OK, i'm a first-time mummy so i have no experience whatsoever, but i've done a lot of research from friends, parents, my MIL, SIL, the internet so i roughly have a list of "Things a Baby Needs" in my head. Let me share with you all.

For feeding
1. breastpump - if you're intending to breastfeed
2. breast pads
3. breastmilk storage bottles/bags
4. bottles
5. bottle sterilizer
6. bottle cleanser & brush
7. bottle drying rack
8. bibs (optional for newborns cos they are so small)

For traveling
1. stroller
2. car seat
3. diaper bag for all your barang-barang

For sleep/bedding
1. baby cot or pack N play (those playpen that come with bassinet on top)
2. mattress
3. bedding like cot bumpers (not necessary), bedsheet, pillows (not necessary)
4. blanket
5. sleeping bags (not necessary)

Clothes
1. sleepsuits
2. a few pieces of tops and bottoms (my mom say she prefers the ones with strings in replacement of buttons so it won't hurt the baby's body when we eventually bedung them)
3. swaddling blankets
4. hats
5. mittens/booties
6. socks

For bathing / cleaning / changing
1. towels
2. washcloths
3. bathtub with newborn insert
4. toiletries
5. cotton pads
6. small pails
7. minyak telon
8. wet wipes
9. baby grooming set

For the new mummy
1. nursing bras & breastpads (if you're breastfeeding)
2. maternity pads

That's about all I can think of right now. Feel free to add on to the list. :eek:

Last edited:

Ummi

:) Alhamdulillah... no morning sickness at all Wondershine.. just breathless when climbing the stairs... hee.. hopefully to stay like this till end of 2nd trimester and the last trimester.. insya Allah~ :)

but i noticed some food i sukaaaaa sgt2 i totally dun eat anymore.. heh like fishball noodle.. heh heh~

thanks dear. how's your pregnancy going along? yes, finally i can goodbye to morning sickness! i had morning sickness quite late in my pregnancy... it only started at the end of my first trimester and lasted all throughout my second.

mosqeetoh - how many weeks preggy are you now & which gynae are you seeing at KKH? i'm reaching my 30 weeks mark soon. ;)

ummi - i have started buying a few items for my boy. mostly clothes for newborn (not a lot since they will outgrow their stuff fast), mittens, booties, socks, hats, bathing towel, sleepsuits & breast pads for myself. all the items i bought were on sale! my dad recently bought me a pack of nice printed swadddling blankets . the rest, i have not bought yet. hubby and i are intending to wait until march to buy bigger items like breast pump, bottles, stroller, baby cot, etc. what about you?

:) Alhamdulillah... no morning sickness at all Wondershine.. just breathless when climbing the stairs... hee.. hopefully to stay like this till end of 2nd trimester and the last trimester.. insya Allah~ :)

but i noticed some food i sukaaaaa sgt2 i totally dun eat anymore.. heh like fishball noodle.. heh heh~
for me its durians! dulu i hantu durian sangat2, tapi since preggy i can't even smell it anymore! i also don't fancy chocolates anymore and i have no cravings apart from one time where i craved for bubur taiwan from adam corner. haha. my hubby brought me there and i ate up a whole bowl on my own! kalau tak dulu nak habiskan satu mangkuk terkial-kial.

Ummi

mosqeetoh - how many weeks preggy are you now & which gynae are you seeing at KKH? i'm reaching my 30 weeks mark soon. ;)

ummi - i have started buying a few items for my boy. mostly clothes for newborn (not a lot since they will outgrow their stuff fast), mittens, booties, socks, hats, bathing towel, sleepsuits & breast pads for myself. all the items i bought were on sale! my dad recently bought me a pack of nice printed swadddling blankets . the rest, i have not bought yet. hubby and i are intending to wait until march to buy bigger items like breast pump, bottles, stroller, baby cot, etc. what about you?

wow 30 weeks!! :)
ive not buy anything at all...
too early for now gtu kot..? coz i will just reach 20 weeks tmrw...
but the urge to buy is there.. heh heh...
shall wait for baby fair this feb to look look see see.. hee.. maybe buy one or two ;)

mosqeetoh

stroller i'll probably buy much later, anyways during confinement not going to get the chance to go out much!! but yes must add on bathtub and towels to the list of absolute necessities for when baby arrives home.