Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

mosqeetoh

mosqeetoh - how many weeks preggy are you now & which gynae are you seeing at KKH? i'm reaching my 30 weeks mark soon. ;)

ummi - i have started buying a few items for my boy. mostly clothes for newborn (not a lot since they will outgrow their stuff fast), mittens, booties, socks, hats, bathing towel, sleepsuits & breast pads for myself. all the items i bought were on sale! my dad recently bought me a pack of nice printed swadddling blankets . the rest, i have not bought yet. hubby and i are intending to wait until march to buy bigger items like breast pump, bottles, stroller, baby cot, etc. what about you?
wondershine, I'm now into 28 weeks! seeing dr suzanna sulaiman. at 30 weeks i guess u can start shopping already!!! :D

mosqeetoh

Good Morning Mosqeetoh!

:) hee.. i tot of going to the baby fair this feb at spore expo... will be about 23 weeks by then insya Allah... too early??
No checklist for me... maybe can start collating one soon~
i loveeee baby rompers!! cute sangat2! hehe..
i saw one knitted baby kopiah bright blue! so tempted to buy... but put on hold first lar.. heh..
wat abt stroller?
i know what u mean! i go gaga over rompers too lolz.... thx for the info, now the baby fair will be in my to-do list in feb ;)

themissus

OK, i'm a first-time mummy so i have no experience whatsoever, but i've done a lot of research from friends, parents, my MIL, SIL, the internet so i roughly have a list of "Things a Baby Needs" in my head. Let me share with you all.

For feeding
1. breastpump - if you're intending to breastfeed
2. breast pads
3. breastmilk storage bottles/bags
4. bottles
5. bottle sterilizer
6. bottle cleanser & brush
7. bottle drying rack
8. bibs (optional for newborns cos they are so small)

For traveling
1. stroller
2. car seat
3. diaper bag for all your barang-barang

For sleep/bedding
1. baby cot or pack N play (those playpen that come with bassinet on top)
2. mattress
3. bedding like cot bumpers (not necessary), bedsheet, pillows (not necessary)
4. blanket
5. sleeping bags (not necessary)

Clothes
1. sleepsuits
2. a few pieces of tops and bottoms (my mom say she prefers the ones with strings in replacement of buttons so it won't hurt the baby's body when we eventually bedung them)
3. swaddling blankets
4. hats
5. mittens/booties
6. socks

For bathing / cleaning / changing
1. towels
2. washcloths
3. bathtub with newborn insert
4. toiletries
5. cotton pads
6. small pails
7. minyak telon
8. wet wipes
9. baby grooming set

For the new mummy
1. nursing bras & breastpads (if you're breastfeeding)
2. maternity pads

That's about all I can think of right now. Feel free to add on to the list. :eek:
Hi wondershine! I'm a first-time mummy too :) Just to add on, under the baby's toiletries, don't forget the essentials, such as nail clipper and nasal pump. Best to get the nail clipper with magnifying glass so you won't fear clipping too short, or hurting the baby.

Also, you might wanna consider getting a baby sling for travelling short distances. It comes in really handy esp first few months when baby's too small to be in stroller. A good brand is BabySafe Sling; think it's available at Mothercare, Kiddy Palace.

Lastly, diapers!!! Cloth, or disposable, up to your preference ;)

themissus

Mosqeetoh: Lol at the buang angin part!! Do try calling her again, coz sometimes she's in batam visiting her family; once a week I think.

Ummi & wondershine: Same here! I'm a big chicken-lover, but now I can only eat fried chicken: baby hates all the lauk ayam! Strangely enough, I'm not fond of fish, but kept wanting to eat steamed fish, fish & chips, & even fish burger (something I have never eaten in my life!)

Seems like most ladies here are going for KKH; anyone going to Mount Alvernia like me? If you are, do take note that they'll be giving a bathtub, so no need to buy!

Ummi

Mosqeetoh: Lol at the buang angin part!! Do try calling her again, coz sometimes she's in batam visiting her family; once a week I think.

Ummi & wondershine: Same here! I'm a big chicken-lover, but now I can only eat fried chicken: baby hates all the lauk ayam! Strangely enough, I'm not fond of fish, but kept wanting to eat steamed fish, fish & chips, & even fish burger (something I have never eaten in my life!)

Seems like most ladies here are going for KKH; anyone going to Mount Alvernia like me? If you are, do take note that they'll be giving a bathtub, so no need to buy!
who is ur gynae..? hee free bathtub!! im going thomson medical ctr...
and anyone taking prenatal classes?
wat abt breastfeed...? second timers mummy... any tips on to regulate milk constantly?

mosqeetoh -i'm 29 weeks, hehe tak banyak difference! when are you planning to start your shopping? my hubby & i started when i was around 26 weeks, not too long ago, cos i felt so energetic then. now macam dah tak larat! :)

themissus - yes i realised i forgot diapers, the one & truly essential! haha. oh and i already have a baby sling, i won one in a contest some time ago. :) the one that i won is a boba wrap. refer to this - Boba Wrap Stretchy Carriers formerly Sleepy Wrap. tying it is easy but i have a feeling it might not be suitable for use in places without aircon as it can get pretty hot esp if baby sweats a lot or weather is too humid.

ummi - i read that breastfeeding is a demand/supply thing. the more you get baby to latch on, the more supply you will have. i hope i will have enough supply for my dear baby cos i really want to BF..

Fadeela

themissus - perut dah besar, do the squat with support. either with yr back to the wall or use a chair or sometime to hold on using yr hands. As for intercourse mmg susah with the stomach and also uncomfortable for the hubby. But for my 1st i still was active even during my last trimester... ahahahhhaha

mosqeetoh - how big sized are you. Im also a big size mummy during my this 2nd pregnancy till i was shocked that i was actually pregnant. My makcik urut do bathe baby.. will get her contact and PM you k. anyway i do have bloated tummy everytime. Just dont keep you stomach empty. And try taking ginger i notice it helps a bit. Anyway with the MS & bloated my sex life is still ok at least once a week.... hahahaha.. not affected at all by the pregnancy

mosqeetoh

wondershine - i shall wait for the expo baby fair next mth i guess.... get everything one shot heeee

fadeela - i'm a healthy 93 kg pakistani woman lolz.... but then my family members are all big-framed so even a little weight can make us look huge!!!

ur sex drive power la fadeela hahaha with my crackling lower limbs I choose sleep over sex anytime nowadays!

i think that's where i go wrong, i'm so afraid of the bloatedness and heartburn that i avoid eating after 5 sometimes.... will try the ginger! thanks loads for the tips ladies! After almost 11 yrs, it feels like i'm having a first baby all over again, quite lost on what to do and not to do!

Fadeela

mosqeetoh - you are 93kg before or after pregnant, im also from a big framed family & im indian woman... I wonder how come our genes make us big sized. Im a bigger size then you now..... anyway my hubby darah keturunan bengali sex drive pun lagi dahsyat so have to satisfy him even when pregnant. Nasib baik dapat me as a wife who still enjoy intimate moments even with big tummy... ahahahahhahah... I wonder too why eh???

Actually you shd be more experience even with 11 years break right.

Ummi - The more yr baby sucks the supply wont stop. But I learn from my mum papaya muda & spinach do help to produce more milk.

Bayu

Assalamualaikum mummies!!

Im waiting for this kind of thread where i can chat with muslim mummies here.. im pregnant with my 2nd child now... my 1st is coming 2 years old by april.. and im due april oso for the 2nd baby... insya Allah another boy.. i'll be delivering at KKH.. no gynae.. just the normal subsidise clinic jer.. ive been stopping going for checkups not becoz of financial prob..coz i malas!! hehehe.. i will schedule another checkup later once im in my 7 mth plus.. im 35 this yr.. dah tua ehk.. and its very true.. im feeling more tired nowadays.. i got rashes on my upper body.. irritating seyh.. so tak lawa .. and my temper like not stabil sometimes.. maybe becoz i have to take care my cute lil toddler while im carrying his adik.. hehehe..

so happy to meet u all here.. so at least i can share.. not all pregnancy is da same.. mine is totally different from my first one.. 1st one.. im so energetic.. i can walk from orchard to bugis wen im 7mths pregnant..of coz need to sit once in a while.. but i can do it and do feel weak..

ive book my makcik urut already and this weekend i will have my 1st urut since pregnant nie.. cannot tahan the pain on my back and legs coz my son kejap2 ask me to carry him... tak sampai hati i will carry him lah.. and coz i dun like him to cry pekik2.. my temper not so good.. heheh..

im buying a medela pump in style advance for this time.. 1st baby never pump.. just latch wen i reach home.. im still studying on how to use it .. when to use it... anyone had use pump before.. can share info...?? da last time i eat tahu lembik with daun kucai soup... twice a week.. and u will have a lot of breastmilk for ur baby.. i dun like da idea of cooking papaya soup.. hehehe.. anyone tried the sacred tea or fenugreek pills..??

Last edited:

Ummi

Assalamualaikum mummies!!

Im waiting for this kind of thread where i can chat with muslim mummies here.. im pregnant with my 2nd child now... my 1st is coming 2 years old by april.. and im due april oso for the 2nd baby... insya Allah another boy.. i'll be delivering at KKH.. no gynae.. just the normal subsidise clinic jer.. ive been stopping going for checkups not becoz of financial prob..coz i malas!! hehehe.. i will schedule another checkup later once im in my 7 mth plus.. im 35 this yr.. dah tua ehk.. and its very true.. im feeling more tired nowadays.. i got rashes on my upper body.. irritating seyh.. so tak lawa .. and my temper like not stabil sometimes.. maybe becoz i have to take care my cute lil toddler while im carrying his adik.. hehehe..

so happy to meet u all here.. so at least i can share.. not all pregnancy is da same.. mine is totally different from my first one.. 1st one.. im so energetic.. i can walk from orchard to bugis wen im 7mths pregnant..

Waalaikumsalam Mummy Bayu! :)

Congratulations for another prince! hee~ same2... prince too! i heard ppl say boys are harder to give birth to? heh~ but again diff ppl diff experience eh..? hee~

So did u take epidural for the first child? how was ur experience like...? ;)

Fadeela

Mummy Bayu - I bought the medela pump during my 1st baby, sakit lah pakai the pump esp lama sikit. But of cos easier lah when sometimes a feeding time yr baby masih tido and the breast dah start to harden before the bengkak the pump helps and its fast lah. I think its better for baby to latch on.

As for the activeness during pregnancy, i was also fit during my 1st child like you i love to walk rather than take bus. tapi this 2nd child really different and i wasnt as fit. So pikir pasal nak jalan kaki mcm penat ah...

My daughter is 2 year 3 month now, and also like to ask me to carry but i dont dare to care her now becos of her weight she is 18 kg. But for me i ada maid so my bibik will carry her tapi kesian lah kadang2 she keep on repeating " Mak dokong" tak sampai hati i just carry her a while esp after back from work.

Bayu

Good Morning Mosqeetoh!

:) hee.. i tot of going to the baby fair this feb at spore expo... will be about 23 weeks by then insya Allah... too early??
No checklist for me... maybe can start collating one soon~
i loveeee baby rompers!! cute sangat2! hehe..
i saw one knitted baby kopiah bright blue! so tempted to buy... but put on hold first lar.. heh..
wat abt stroller?
i understand how u all feel.. for me.. stroller u can invest later.. maybe after ur maternity leave.. hehehe.. best to have baby sling... or baby carrier.. i saw my fren carry her baby inside a baby sling and i saw how comfortable he was inside it.. mcm he still inside mummy tummy.. heheh.. maybe baby position inside the sling sama like he's inside the tummy and tats y baby sleeping all da way.. but not all baby da same kan..

sometimes ur relatives n frens will give u loads of baby items.. either used or new ones.. buy things for bathing.. like minyak telon.. nappy rash cream.. bedak bottles.. washcloths, bottles (1 or 2 enuf), wet wipes and not forgetting lots of pampers.. hehehehe.. for my 1st one.. my girlfren gave me everything tat i needed.. sampai tak terpakai especially the clothes coz baby grw very fast.... i bathe my baby kat sink but dun try if u r not comfortable or scared to hold ur newborn baby..

themissus

Ummi: My gynae's Dr Chern from Healthcare for Women. She's attached to both tmc & mt a, but I chose the latter coz I had my d&e surgery there, and the nurses were really nice :) For my first pregnancy, I took Dr Jasmine from KKH private suite, but changed to my current gynae, coz the pregnancy wasn't developing well, yet they didn't do anything abt it. Can u imagine the frustration of having to go checkups every 2-3wks, for them to just keep saying 'Cannot find the baby, come back again'?! My last straw was when she said no need to come until you miscarry, then we clean up for you. I was so sad! :(

I didn't attend prenatal, just trying to learn from books & YouTube! And just like you, I'd love breastfeeding tips. My sis said what's most impt is to never give up, and just keep working those nips. She didn't breastfeed her first two coz she was too weak and tired, and complained about the bleeding nips, but now for her 3rd Alhamdulillah she breastfeeds 100%. My gynae also said keep massaging your breasts in the 3rd tri, and put cream on your nipples so they wnt crack easily later.

Fadeela: Will definitely try the squats; thanks :) And wah, you're one really energetic mummy to have unaffected sex life! They say the more active you are in the last trimester, the easier the delivery. Is that true?

Wondershine: Ah that does look rimas! My sis is passing me her sling, and carrier, so I'll see which one suits me more. Dnt think I'll be spending on a stroller / pram just yet.

Bayu: Salam! Awww, your boy must be thrilled to have an adik soon! Welcome to this thread, I'm sure first-time mommies like myself, Ummi and wondershine can learn so much from all our kakak2! :)

Bayu

Waalaikumsalam Mummy Bayu! :)

Congratulations for another prince! hee~ same2... prince too! i heard ppl say boys are harder to give birth to? heh~ but again diff ppl diff experience eh..? hee~

So did u take epidural for the first child? how was ur experience like...? ;)

thanks Ummi.. congrats to u too..

im not too sure abt susah or not but mine is susah.. my hubby said i mcm singa kelaparan inside da labour ward.. i induced.. and i took epidural.. and oso da gas tat makes me laugh ...hehehhe.. wat is it called?? heheh.. wen dey want to give me epidural, i was struggling coz i cannot tunduk sgt and 2 midwife hold me just to inject me with epidural... really scary coz kalau tak betol2 can injured ur spine .. i had to went for c-sect.. coz kat bawah tu tak bukak2.. only dilated abt 7cm.. how to beranak?? after 6 hrs induced i finally gave birth thru c-sect .. all in all i was i pain for abt 10 hrs.. penat.. and relieved after tat.. eventho kena potong but i bersyukur both of us selamat..

Ummi

Ummi: My gynae's Dr Chern from Healthcare for Women. She's attached to both tmc & mt a, but I chose the latter coz I had my d&e surgery there, and the nurses were really nice :) For my first pregnancy, I took Dr Jasmine from KKH private suite, but changed to my current gynae, coz the pregnancy wasn't developing well, yet they didn't do anything abt it. Can u imagine the frustration of having to go checkups every 2-3wks, for them to just keep saying 'Cannot find the baby, come back again'?! My last straw was when she said no need to come until you miscarry, then we clean up for you. I was so sad! :(

I didn't attend prenatal, just trying to learn from books & YouTube! And just like you, I'd love breastfeeding tips. My sis said what's most impt is to never give up, and just keep working those nips. She didn't breastfeed her first two coz she was too weak and tired, and complained about the bleeding nips, but now for her 3rd Alhamdulillah she breastfeeds 100%. My gynae also said keep massaging your breasts in the 3rd tri, and put cream on your nipples so they wnt crack easily later.

Fadeela: Will definitely try the squats; thanks :) And wah, you're one really energetic mummy to have unaffected sex life! They say the more active you are in the last trimester, the easier the delivery. Is that true?

Wondershine: Ah that does look rimas! My sis is passing me her sling, and carrier, so I'll see which one suits me more. Dnt think I'll be spending on a stroller / pram just yet.

Bayu: Salam! Awww, your boy must be thrilled to have an adik soon! Welcome to this thread, I'm sure first-time mommies like myself, Ummi and wondershine can learn so much from all our kakak2! :)

tats a very scary experience u have there.. :(

thank u for the bf tip.. will massage2.. hehehehe.. ;) and apply cream.. i would love to bf too.. hopefully, insya Allah..

ps: heard it too abt sex and easy labor frm sis in law.. hahaha.. so i guess shld be betul la.. hahahaha.. *paiseh*

Ummi

thanks Ummi.. congrats to u too..

im not too sure abt susah or not but mine is susah.. my hubby said i mcm singa kelaparan inside da labour ward.. i induced.. and i took epidural.. and oso da gas tat makes me laugh ...hehehhe.. wat is it called?? heheh.. wen dey want to give me epidural, i was struggling coz i cannot tunduk sgt and 2 midwife hold me just to inject me with epidural... really scary coz kalau tak betol2 can injured ur spine .. i had to went for c-sect.. coz kat bawah tu tak bukak2.. only dilated abt 7cm.. how to beranak?? after 6 hrs induced i finally gave birth thru c-sect .. all in all i was i pain for abt 10 hrs.. penat.. and relieved after tat.. eventho kena potong but i bersyukur both of us selamat..

hahahaha singa kelaparan... *cabuuuuut* hahahaha...

the gas thingy? no idea wat is it called... :p anyway thank u for sharing ur experience..

insya Allah dipermudahkan utk kali kedua ini ya! jia yuo! ;)

Ummi: My gynae's Dr Chern from Healthcare for Women. She's attached to both Thomson Medical Center & mt a, but I chose the latter coz I had my d&e surgery there, and the nurses were really nice :) For my first pregnancy, I took Dr Jasmine from Kandang Kerbau Hospital private suite, but changed to my current gynae, coz the pregnancy wasn't developing well, yet they didn't do anything about it. Can you imagine the frustration of having to go checkups every 2-3wks, for them to just keep saying 'Cannot find the baby, come back again'?! My last straw was when she said no need to come until you miscarry, then we clean up for you. I was so sad! :(

Wondershine: that does look rimas! My sis is passing me her sling, and carrier, so I'll see which one suits me more. Dnt think I'll be spending on a stroller / pram just yet.

Oh dear, sorry to hear your bad exp at KK TPS with Dr Jasmine. I would totally freak if i were you. Anyway, Dr Jasmine is my gynae now. So far, she's great. Very attentive cuma i feel dia suka rush during appts. Im only in her rm for 10mins max! I tool her coz my SIL recommended her so i dont have any exp for comparison.

Bayu

Ummi : Masya Allah.. sampai hati dorang say like tat... sometimes dey just want to ignore our frustration of going for checkups and end up no results.. sabar jer.. but sometimes u have to be garang sikit.. if u don't dey do as they please.. hmmpphh..

themissus : insya Allah.. we will try to help.. but u must be metally prepared once baby is home with u.. u will need help from ur hubby and ur love ones to overcome the tiredness and stress. . hehehe

Bayu

i heard if u give birth thru c-sect.. ur breastmilk will not be produce automatically... so baby need to be formula feed... im not too sure abt this coz i intend to give total breastmilk for my 2nd baby.. sebab tu dah standby breastpump.. hehhee