Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

mosqeetoh

sweetoothz, congratz on ur first princess! u must be waiting to doll her up right hehehe

I have a very heavy discharge too since the start of pregnancy. very yucky, but gynea said its normal. recently i noticed its yellowish so gonna let gynea know next appt. will check if there's infection and insert the bullet thingy if there's a need.

Not sure what's the actual tradition for lenggang perut lolz... i think it's a malay tradition but doubt anyone practices it. i was told it's gud to have the massage at 7 mths to set the baby in place or something like that but no maulud or anything.

my family too doesnt practice any of those functions like cukur rambut, the akikah we do it in our village in pakistan where the poor are really poor. I think at least those ppl will sincerely dua for us rather than having a function here with relatives/friends who are well-to-do and well-fed!

Bayu

Anyway , any of you mummies ade a lot of discharge during early pregnancy. Mine was very thick and selalu kluar after i buang air kecil. Anything to be alarm of?
do u feel gatal2 after tat thing kluar.. my 1st one im like tat oso.. tapi a bit gatal.. i forgot wat is it called but u have to tell ur gynae or doc abt it so that they can pescribed u with a cream and also this small look alike tampoon.. where u sumbat kan ke dalam and it will melt and inside u.. hehehhee... tak senonoh eh da way i described it.. hehehe.. but just tell ur doc lah.. they said it can affect the baby oso..

Ummi

Bayu: its not wajib... but sunnah... if u wanna do cukur rambut.. there isnt a need to have a majlis..just potong baby hair and weigh the hair strands and dermakan.. :)

Fadeela: hee.. yup2, white milky discharge~but i think i read somewhere its normal...

Sweethtoothz: Waalaikumsalam! hee.. lil princess! congratulations! ;)

Ummi

Bayu: its not wajib... but sunnah... if u wanna do cukur rambut.. there isnt a need to have a majlis..just potong baby hair and weigh the hair strands and dermakan.. :)

Fadeela: hee.. yup2, white milky discharge~but i think i read somewhere its normal...

Sweethtoothz: Waalaikumsalam! hee.. lil princess! congratulations! ;)
hee when i meant dermakan... theres a figure.. berapa grams equivalent to how many $ gtu.. dulu pakai emas/perak.. maybe can ask some ustazahs.. heehehe...

Bayu

sweetoothz, congratz on ur first princess! u must be waiting to doll her up right hehehe

I have a very heavy discharge too since the start of pregnancy. very yucky, but gynea said its normal. recently i noticed its yellowish so gonna let gynea know next appt. will check if there's infection and insert the bullet thingy if there's a need.

Not sure what's the actual tradition for lenggang perut lolz... i think it's a malay tradition but doubt anyone practices it. i was told it's gud to have the massage at 7 mths to set the baby in place or something like that but no maulud or anything.

my family too doesnt practice any of those functions like cukur rambut, the akikah we do it in our village in pakistan where the poor are really poor. I think at least those ppl will sincerely dua for us rather than having a function here with relatives/friends who are well-to-do and well-fed!

lenggang perut normally orang kampong will do it.. here, i never seen ppl doing it before.. but my mom adv me to urut after u reach 6 or 7 mths.. just to release da back pain and cramps sana sini.. and my fren just told me to avoid eating kangkong coz it can give u more cramps... but i love my kangkong belachan.. issyhhh

can we do akikah after baby is 1 month?

Fadeela

Bayu - So far mine tak gatal or any discomfort but i dont have such issue during my first baby so abit curious. And also I belum jumpa any gynae yet. My first appointment only next week at 16th week... hahaha hopefully tak kena marah.

mosqeetoh - yah i buat aqiqah at india, this time round I will try to arrange in Batam more poor ppl. But the urut thing at later part not at exact 7th month is good to position the baby properly.

sweetoothz - congrat gal on yr first baby... welcome to the mummies club. Yr status will be upgrade in a few months time. Dan bersiap nak untuk buang buang duit on baby girl clothes & accessories.

Ummi

lenggang perut normally orang kampong will do it.. here, i never seen ppl doing it before.. but my mom adv me to urut after u reach 6 or 7 mths.. just to release da back pain and cramps sana sini.. and my fren just told me to avoid eating kangkong coz it can give u more cramps... but i love my kangkong belachan.. issyhhh

can we do akikah after baby is 1 month?
Sunnah after 7 days baby born to do...but after 1 mth oso can.. coz some tunggu bulan haji.. :)
2 slaughtered animals for boy.. and 1 for slaughtered animal for girl..
:)

Ummi

ladies, do u feel stretched on ur tummy? my sides mcm rasa stretched sgt2.. heh prolly im thin before preg.. so now perut da membesar.. i feel stretched sgt2.. a bit uncomfy :(

themissus

Ummi - Yup, I used to feel really stretched, like my skin's getting really thin. But just apply your cream / lotion to keep it hydrated, so it won't itch.

Fadeela - Discharge is normal, but you must take note of the viscosity, colour, and if there's any odour. Should there be a change in colour, or it becomes watery, itchy or has a smell, you must tell your gynae. Right now our vagina's really sensitive, and my gynae said any bacterial infection that goes undetected may be passed on to the baby upon delivery, ie pushing the baby out of that same infected canal. No worries though, it's all curable through antibiotics and that bullet Bayu mentioned.

Mosqeetoh - I had my last massage session at 7mths. It's really beneficial to position the baby right. Any earlier, baby can still somersault around, any later, baby won't have much space to be repositioned. For me, the gynae noted that the baby was lying quite low (can see from my tummy actually), which may cause preterm labour, and was causing my heartburn and bloatedness coz the upper part of my tummy was just air. The massage session helped to push my baby upwards, so I cld feel her feet right under my chest.

Sweetoothz - Congrats! I'll be having a girl too :) Most of my friends are having boys (they named the clique Dragon Boy Band), so it's nice to know another person having a girl!

Anyone having the dreaded 'mask of pregnancy' (meloma)? Alhamdulillah I don't get it on my face, but the back of my neck looks burnt! And I've got blotches just below my belly button as well. This, on top of the linea nigrea running down the mid of my tummy. I wonder if they'll ever go away!

Bayu

Ummi - Yup, I used to feel really stretched, like my skin's getting really thin. But just apply your cream / lotion to keep it hydrated, so it won't itch.

Fadeela - Discharge is normal, but you must take note of the viscosity, colour, and if there's any odour. Should there be a change in colour, or it becomes watery, itchy or has a smell, you must tell your gynae. Right now our vagina's really sensitive, and my gynae said any bacterial infection that goes undetected may be passed on to the baby upon delivery, ie pushing the baby out of that same infected canal. No worries though, it's all curable through antibiotics and that bullet Bayu mentioned.

Mosqeetoh - I had my last massage session at 7mths. It's really beneficial to position the baby right. Any earlier, baby can still somersault around, any later, baby won't have much space to be repositioned. For me, the gynae noted that the baby was lying quite low (can see from my tummy actually), which may cause preterm labour, and was causing my heartburn and bloatedness coz the upper part of my tummy was just air. The massage session helped to push my baby upwards, so I cld feel her feet right under my chest.

Sweetoothz - Congrats! I'll be having a girl too :) Most of my friends are having boys (they named the clique Dragon Boy Band), so it's nice to know another person having a girl!

Anyone having the dreaded 'mask of pregnancy' (meloma)? Alhamdulillah I don't get it on my face, but the back of my neck looks burnt! And I've got blotches just below my belly button as well. This, on top of the linea nigrea running down the mid of my tummy. I wonder if they'll ever go away!
is it painful during the massage.? i will be having the massage later this weekend or next week.. rasa seram pon ada..

wat i suffer now is rashes all over the upper part of my body.. i will sweat a lot at nite even if i feel cold but the sweat is just around my neck.. my hands also with rashes... i apply bedak ular at nite.. sometimes i just mentel scratch it until it becomes red.. my 1st pregnancy was even worse.. i had black neck, armpit, forehead and under my breast .. is tat called meloma oso... so embarrassing to go out...
Ummi & themissus, me oso feel the stretched.. especially wen baby wakes up at abt 9am... heheh.. now i noe his pattern already... wakes up at 9am.. den sleep pretty late at 1 or 2 am... haiz..

I hv discharge too. My first pregnancy i had yeast infection. So diz time round must tell gynae coz if yeast infection, it can be passed to baby during delivery. My tummy also feels stretched. Im only 6 mths but i think i look like 9mths preg...lolz...

mosqeetoh

themissus - I managed to contact cik jah! gonna get the massage one these weekdays inshaAllah.

Bayu, the massage is not painful at all... maybe cud get a little uncomfortable with our boya-like bodies but it's all bearable so no worries! it's beneficial, specially when i had angin issues hehe...

I have stretch marks from my first pregnancy, was too lazy to apply lotion. Now that i'm into the 7th mth, can feel dryness on the skin and I'm afraid if i start scratching it will get really bad on the strecth marks areas. I have to constantly remind myself to massage in the lotion on tummy area after every bath!

mosqeetoh

ladies any nipple cream to recommend? i didnt breastfeed my first cuz the milk just refused to come out! that time i went gp under the block he said i have no holes! seriously!!

The nurse at kkh advised me to massage breast when bathing and like themissus said apply nipple cream so wont have dryness issue when trying to bf later on. really want to bf this time.

wah this thread is moving fast!!

lenggang perut is quite popular eh? i have a cousin who will be doing it soon & my aunt is making a function out of it. actually before dia jemput me i tak pernah dengar about this lenggang perut thing.

oh yes & i have started to use nursing butter on my nipples too. many of my friends advise me to do it before delivery so nipple tak senang crack bila nak breastfeed later. one of them passed me a tube of nursing butter (palmer's brand) cos she bought too much for herself... so i pakai jer lah. hehe.

for stretchmarks i recommend clarins cream & oil. never get enough of clarins oil. i love the smell and so far it helps moisturise my tummy. my perut expand ke depan... its very very pointed but so far tkde stretchmarks, alhamdulillah. i apply the cream in the morning and oil at night. its a bit ex lah but im a vain mommy. lol.

themissus -- yes my neck is so dark now too! i was wondering why the heck its like that sedangkan it was fine before this so i guess that must be it. the pregnancy mask! when i read about it i keep checking my face to see if i would get it too. tak sangka keluar kat leher. it looks so buruk! lucky can cover with my hair.

diza

Salam sis... new to this forum. I need to ask somthing lah.

I'm forced to drink milk. I don't drink milk and will vomit at the smell and taste of it. Wanted to get Enfa Mama in chocolate flavour but it was OOS. So I took Mamil Mama instead. They only have in vanilla. Tried drinking it yesterday and only managed to gulp 1/3 of the cup. I vomitted at first. Then this morning tried again but this time I put a bit of sugar, less than a teaspoon. Amazingly I didn't vomit at all. I kept telling myself it's just like vanilla ice-cream!

I was wondering if it's ok to add a bit of sugar or maybe even put cocoa powder in it.

Asilah

Salam sis... new to this forum. I need to ask somthing lah.

I'm forced to drink milk. I don't drink milk and will vomit at the smell and taste of it. Wanted to get Enfa Mama in chocolate flavour but it was OOS. So I took Mamil Mama instead. They only have in vanilla. Tried drinking it yesterday and only managed to gulp 1/3 of the cup. I vomitted at first. Then this morning tried again but this time I put a bit of sugar, less than a teaspoon. Amazingly I didn't vomit at all. I kept telling myself it's just like vanilla ice-cream!

I was wondering if it's ok to add a bit of sugar or maybe even put cocoa powder in it.
Salam sis....

I'm in your situation too. Hate drinking milk and feels like puking at the smell of milk, especially when my nose is sensitive right now. But I have to force myself to drink. For the sake of the baby.

Try Anmum. They have Vanilla & Choc Flavour. I've been drinking Anmum Choc Flavour for the past 1 week and Alhamdullilah, I'm okay with it. Though it doesn't taste as good at HL Chocolate Flavour. LOL.

Mosqeetoh: i didnt breastfeed my first baby much too. Wif bleeding nipples, blocked ducts n mastitis twice, i stopped. For my 2nd pregnancy, i use nipple cream, palmer's brand thru out the pregnancy thus nipple was moist n easier to breastfeed. I use the nipple cream lepas shower. By the way, u can request for a lactation consultant to assist u in the hospital after delivery. I didnt request but a lactation consultant came by anyway. I read somewhere that u've got to try out diff positions when feeding ur baby n that way it can open up more holes :)

diza

oh anmum also have chocolate flavour?!.. ada trial pack tak? im thinking of forcing myself to finish this tin first before buying sumtin else... one thing for sure.. i'm always constipated and after drinking milk, i don't have trouble removing my bowels. =)

Assalamualaikum...

I'm so glad to come across this thread! Hope to learn more frm all of you!

I'm 7 weeks and this is my first! Turning 28 this year.. I'm seeing Dr Lubna Harharah from Parkway East. She's really nice and patient. EDD is 14 Sept 2012

Currently on folic acid and drinking Anmum. Its quite nice actually. Not that bad.

Feeling extremely tired nowadays. Gotta push myself to go to work and tell myself to be strong :)