EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Radical

Hi Piglim, is the FBI card useful? Are the discounts given good? Can we use for the scans with gynae at Thomson Medical Center? Me going for OSCAR test in 2 weeks time.. Still thinking whether or not to apply for FBI card.. Is the application fast? Paiseh, ask so many questions.. Haha.. :shyxxx:
Haha I'm curious to know too. Good that you asked Lingz12.
And Thanks for sharing paul.

Having a child really changes people. Last time I think of buying things like Sound systems, Golf equipment, etc.
Now I just think of milk bottles, steralizers, diapers, etc.
And my next purchase is going to be the Dreamgenii pillow for my wife. :laugh:

felicity

Ahhh.... Please be careful Felicity! dont fall down again! Take care! Good to hear you are getting better. Can't exactly tell which hospital is better but I'll be going Mt A cuz my gynae only has admitting rights in Gleneagles & Mt A. My friends & mum all tell me to go Mt A so I'll be taking their advice :)Can totally identify with your maternity clothes shopping itch.. Am looking online too! Here hee hee... But I hear that the belly can "pop out" suddenly so I suppose it's better to be prepared! :D
thanks! i'm very very careful already... my colleagues say a lot of pregnant ladies fell down the stairs at my workplace before, so i'm really very careful! a colleague told me she fell down thrice when she was pregnant... but she was fine and now a proud mother of 4!

Have been really busy with work these few days. Felicity, hope your cough gets better.I am going for OSCAR test this thursday. I am super worried because my family has dear son case. Have anyone of you told your bosses yet? I told mine when i am 9 weeks because i have to work outfield ( I work in a chemical plant) and have to be on my legs for a while. I think my female co worker also guess it since my MS is quite obvious too.
thanks! i'm getting better... my immediate superior knows, i told her as soon as after i did my first scan. i'm on my legs a lot for work but i guess i'm quite used to it so it's ok. i'm always running around!my colleagues actually guessed from the fact that i suddenly stopped drinking coffee -_- i used to drink a lot of coffee but now totally no craving at all!

anyone gaining so much weight? i was 47 kg before christmas holiday then 50 kg after chirstmas and before i get pregnant now 54 kg :( i think its bad..
i'm already overweight... and my weight's going up and down... so far...
week 8: 67.8 kg
week 10: 68.3 kg
week 12: 67.8 kg
haha but since it's first trimester plus i have so much reserves in me... there's nothing to worry about... i wish to lose more weight though! =P

Did my Oscar test this morning. Hmmm everything was a breeze. Mine was by appointment at 9am but was told to go there 5-10mins earlier. However hubby n I were there at 815am cos we went to sign up for e FBI card. This card will entitle you with some discounts on the Oscar scan, delivery charges... Etc. n it will take immediate effect.
i had to go after work... not taking off for my checkups... so bobian, when i go it was crowded and i had to wait for over an hour despite the appointment...my colleague was raving about the card too! i didn't get the card and already paid full for oscar + week 20 scan ... :( now thinking should i sign up for the card... my colleague kept saying it's worth it... and hubby and i decided we shall just stick with Thomson Medical Center... since mt A parking may not be a lot too and my colleague and friend have raves about Thomson Medical Center...anyway thanks piglim and paul for sharing about the card!! :)

Having a child really changes people. Last time I think of buying things like Sound systems, Golf equipment, etc.Now I just think of milk bottles, steralizers, diapers, etc.And my next purchase is going to be the Dreamgenii pillow for my wife. :laugh:
that's so nice of you! i think i show my hubby the dreamgenii pic and he's uninterested. maybe he just thinks it's some crap ppl sell to earn money from women... oh well... haha... different ppl... tell him i backache trying to get him to massage my back a bit, but he looked very reluctant so i gave up asking him for anything. anyway he seldom around as very busy. i'm usually home alone with my mother in law and each minding our own business. haha. ok la i'm coping well on my own so not complaining =P at least he takes time off to send me to checkups despite his busy schedule :)

Last edited:

Lingz12

Hi lingz

Hmmm I only got to know e list after I applied-you will b given a list. If you r keen, perhaps you can call e hotline n just check if your gynae participate in e FBI thing. you will b asked to fill up numerous forms then make payment $148 n then you r done! There'll b a goodie bag, which includes a huge tin of milk for mum along with some stuffs like books, baby nail scissors... Etc

Hmmm I think it's quite worth it cos you get discounts off e ward you will b staying, 10% of oscar scan, future chk ups at e 24hrs family clinic n lab tests n most importantly e delivery charges!!! Unfortunately my gynae is not participating... So I m still contemplating whether to change gynae cos with e discount can save alot mah... ;(
Thanks Piglim! Think I will check if my gynae is participating first.. Hope so.. :)

Piglim

you should get support pillow :) im using dream genii pregnancy pillow and it helps me to sleep deeply even though i woke up every other hour for peeing :S

Thanks for e recommendation! I think I m going to get my bro in law (who is in UK now but coming back in 2wks time!) to help me bring it back (if he's ok)
really alot of difference! In sg mothercare it costs $158. (tats shockingly expensive for a bolster like thing!) but in Uk (e website u provided) its like half price after converting pound to sing. Goodness maternity n baby stuffs really cost alot! Althou I dunno how much it can really help me... I really hv to try otherwise I m going b a zombie soon!

Oh btw gals, hv u started applying stretchmark cream (from 3rd mth onwards) I dun hv stretchmark "yet" but everybody says better to prevent cos there's totally no cure for it. I read tat there ppl who says it depends on genes so no use applying, but I find it totally false. My mum doesn't hv stretchmark but my sis has. My aunt has but my cousin doesn't. So no harm givin it a try.

lizzy2101

Oh btw gals, hv u started applying stretchmark cream (from 3rd mth onwards) I dun hv stretchmark "yet" but everybody says better to prevent cos there's totally no cure for it. I read tat there ppl who says it depends on genes so no use applying, but I find it totally false. My mum doesn't hv stretchmark but my sis has. My aunt has but my cousin doesn't. So no harm givin it a try.
sad to say even I used stretchmarks creams before I still have it :D lol! but still using it now to prevent new ones (AGAIN) I apply it mainly in breast and thighs as they're the ones who gets bigger in early stage (i apply 3x a day) and for tummy I still apply but not much only after shower cos I have alot of stretchmarks there already! :shyxxx:

Radical

now thinking should i sign up for the card... my colleague kept saying it's worth it... and hubby and i decided we shall just stick with Thomson Medical Center... since mt A parking may not be a lot too and my colleague and friend have raves about Thomson Medical Center...anyway thanks piglim and paul for sharing about the card!! :)
Hi Felicity, so you have decided on Thomson? That means there is a (1/30 days) chance that your child and mine will be ward mates. :wespinny:

shjn96

Hi ladies,
I am a newbie here... My EDD is 30th Sept 2012, and this is my first pregnancy. Into my 9th week. The morning sickness is getting worse by the week. And I seem to be tired all the time.....

Hi ladies,
I am a newbie here... My EDD is 30th Sept 2012, and this is my first pregnancy. Into my 9th week. The morning sickness is getting worse by the week. And I seem to be tired all the time.....
hi shijn96,

I heard ms will get worst after 10wks & slowly subside after 12wks.
Always mantain 1/2 full at all times or ms will get worst.

You may wan try the below:
- Drink isotonic drink (e.g: 100plus, h2O, pink dolphin).
- Take small & frequent meals (5-6meals).
- Try to do some light exercise (e.g: walking/swimming).
- Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday.
- Sleep earlier at night.

shjn96

hi shijn96,

I heard ms will get worst after 10wks & slowly subside after 12wks.
Always mantain 1/2 full at all times or ms will get worst.

You may wan try the below:
- Drink isotonic drink (e.g: 100plus, h2O, pink dolphin).
- Take small & frequent meals (5-6meals).
- Try to do some light exercise (e.g: walking/swimming).
- Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday.
- Sleep earlier at night.
Thanks, minakochang...

Just wondering. Is it normal for bleeding or spotting during the first trimester? I'm nearly into my 9th week, and just today I noticed some dark brown spotting. Is it something to raise the alarm or is it normal?

lizzy2101

Thanks, minakochang...

Just wondering. Is it normal for bleeding or spotting during the first trimester? I'm nearly into my 9th week, and just today I noticed some dark brown spotting. Is it something to raise the alarm or is it normal?
if the bleeding/spotting doesnt accompany by heavy cramps and not heavy flow with blood clot it is fine, i had that too but only once happened (its the day i normally had my period). I noticed a slight brownish blood together with my discharge. :) you might wanna read about it more here:
Bleeding during early pregnancy

"You might be experiencing "breakthrough" bleeding. Pregnancy hormones cover up your usual hormonal cycle, but variations in those normal cycles still go on. Some women notice breakthrough bleeding at around the time they would usually have had a period as a result of this "background" variation in hormonal levels. "

​​​​

mee212

Hi Shjn96!

We have the same EDD but is my 2nd pregnancy. 1st child was born last year.

Try to be more relax and do something to divert your attention of MS. I have no choice to take care my 13 months old daughter but yet still having MS. But I realized that I'll only have that feeling when I'm free and rest while baby sleeping. Have more frequent meals can help also.

Be a happy mom-to-be!

Hi ladies,

meltie

Hi all!

I hope everybody is coping well with MS..

I'm entering my 10th week, this past few days i have slightly more tendency to have urge to puke.. yesterday i almost vomited after 3rd bite into a burger.. previously the urge to vomit doesn't cone so strong, and i can contain it.. but for past few days, when it comes, it makes me choke! :(

So i guess maybe its true that my MS might worsen after 10 weeks... i feel i need to rest more.. get tired very easily. I've been experiencing spine aches and bloatedness, which cause me to have restless sleep at night. Also makes me wake up very early and feel aches all over (my breasts hurts too).. just had explosive diarrhoea yesterday and had to take MC again.. my 5th or 6th MC for the year.. gosh..

I'm trying my best to adapt to the growing MS.. actually i'm less adverse to food smell, but when the feeling of nausea strikes, i'm out of control... i hope i'm not alone in this! :/

Anyway! I can't wait for my gynae appt in 1.5 weeks time!! Can't wait to see my bb!

Jiayou everyone!! We'll graduate from 1st trimester very soon!!

regenz

Hi Meltie,

I also had my worst MS about 10 to 11 weeks. I vomited at least twice a day. Now 12 weeks, it seems getting better. I hope it continue to wear off. My cousin had MS all the way to 5 months, i hope that will not happen to me. For restless sleep, maybe you can try the body pillow that was posted in this thread earlier on. It might be your solution. I sleep quite deeply so far, my biggest problem is the numerous trip to the toilet at night. But I do have body aches , it is almost everywhere. i wonder should i go for a massage. Anyone has any recommendation ?

I went for the NT scan just this thursday. The image is really clear, you could see the fingers, nose and ears, chin. It was a great experience for me and my husband. The other scans my gync did for me was quite blur , i could not tell much. Although, i am worried about the result but i think seeing your baby helps MS more. It is all worth it !

colors

Hi mommies, I'm turning 11 weeks and experiencing very bad gassy feeling in my stomach. Wonder how are you guys coping with and when will it subside... It's really uneasy.. :(

Radical

For restless sleep, maybe you can try the body pillow that was posted in this thread earlier on. It might be your solution.
Hi Piglim, Meltie, minakochang,

The Dreamgenii pregnancy pillow is on sale at the baby fair at Expo now. Tomorrow is the last day, 11am - 8pm.
I'd advise to avoid peak hours though if you are driving. The carpark is overcrowded due to the Megatex fair also happening there.

Last edited:

Piglim

Hi Piglim, Meltie, minakochang,

The Dreamgenii pregnancy pillow is on sale at the baby fair at Expo now. Tomorrow is the last day, 11am - 8pm.
I'd advise to avoid peak hours though if you are driving. The carpark is overcrowded due to the Megatex fair also happening there.

Hi radical,

Thks for e info, unfortunately expo is abit too far out-no car!
Plus even to date I dun feel comfortable. Just dun feel like stepping out of e hse. ;((((
13th wks alrdy n last night I threw out like nobody's business. Sigh...

Btw just out of curiosity, r u gals given cardiprin (aspirin) the gynae says its for blood circulation n I have been given rat since e 1st day I see her. Now my daily dose is e pink vitamin pills, folic n dha omega pills as well as this cardiprin (white round pills) I was told to eat this all e way till birth! But I m getting abit worried cos none of e people I know are prescribed with this pills. Also can I know normally when do we stop eating folic acid? My sis says stop when 1st trim is over but my gynae nv says anything....

Lingz12

Also can I know normally when do we stop eating folic acid? My sis says stop when 1st trim is over but my gynae never says anything....
Hi Piglim, as far as I know.. Folic acid is more important in first trimester wo.. But there is also no harm consuming it even after first trimester .. That's what I read earlier.. As for the other pills, I have no idea.. Currently gynae say folic acid is sufficient for me.. She will add more after my next visit, which is 2 weeks away.. :)

regenz

Hi radical,

Btw just out of curiosity, r u gals given cardiprin (aspirin) the gynae says its for blood circulation n I have been given rat since e 1st day I see her. Now my daily dose is e pink vitamin pills, folic n dha omega pills as well as this cardiprin (white round pills) I was told to eat this all e way till birth! But I m getting abit worried cos none of e people I know are prescribed with this pills. Also can I know normally when do we stop eating folic acid? My sis says stop when 1st trim is over but my gynae nv says anything....
I have not heard of cardiprin from my gynae. Is it something like iron pill? My co worker told me to take iron pills too . But i think i might only need it at a later stage. I believe it should be good for you. Everyone's body is different. If you are really worried, maybe you ask for a second opinion. My gynae did tell me to try some chinese herd for blood circulation. Dang gui or something like that, I think it may serve the same purpose as cardiprin. My gynae gave me multi vitamins, folic acid, DHA and calcium pills for now. folic acid is good for health so taking it would be fine. I plan to finish even after first trim what i have first then decide.