EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Tannie

Hi Milkshake,

Baby is consider mature when reach week 37. SO it is safe to deliver when the baby is matured. :)

Any of the mummies make any preparation for the confinement? I just bought a book today about confinement in chinese, although I have engage a confinement nanny and my mum will help me out a bit I think it is still good for me to have some proper knowledge without knowing any reason why they do this and that :)

Seriously I dun look fwd to confinement... I dun like the confinement food and there are so many restriction ESP no fan, no shower, no water.....

Rukia

Hi Milkshake,

Baby is consider mature when reach week 37. SO it is safe to deliver when the baby is matured. :)

Any of the mummies make any preparation for the confinement? I just bought a book today about confinement in chinese, although I have engage a confinement nanny and my mum will help me out a bit I think it is still good for me to have some proper knowledge without knowing any reason why they do this and that :)

Seriously I dont look fwd to confinement... I dont like the confinement food and there are so many restriction ESP no fan, no shower, no water.....
I am looking more towards baby first month...haha

I dont know if I will be able to swallow the confinement food for one whole month. Intending to switch on aircon if not no fan and May is a hot month, I think its plain suffering.

I am still thinking whether to buy the dry shampoo and dry bath. If not I will stink up my whole house..haha

Rukia

Oh cuz I'm alr not working for half a yr, been resting. Everytime at home also bored. Ya I understand how tiring when u working n pregnant. U working part time ya? Should have abit more rest.
Ya its quite tiring to be preggie and working at the same time. I take my hats off to the pregnant mummies who are working full time.

Trying to rest as much as I can. When I am not working, I tend to have an afternoon nap. Feel much better after that.

I feel v hot these days as well. Sometimes it feels so warm until I think I am going to get a headache. Feel like soaking myself in an ice bath..

Rukia

Hey Rukia, what do u do at home to kill time?
I am usually glued to my com playing some ipad games, if not will be sleeping or lying down on my bed to rest my very achy back. Otherwise, I will be checking my emails and replying.

How about you?

Gemini11

Ya its quite tiring to be preggie and working at the same time. I take my hats off to the pregnant mummies who are working full time.

Trying to rest as much as I can. When I am not working, I tend to have an afternoon nap. Feel much better after that.

I feel v hot these days as well. Sometimes it feels so warm until I think I am going to get a headache. Feel like soaking myself in an ice bath..
Same here, I been blasting the aircon until hubby has to sleep in another room when he bth. But I still feel very hot! Today he told me he's sick alr. I think during confinement it will b the other way ard, we can't on fan n aircon.. Then they b hot like hell. Lol.ya I feel light headaches at times too, I think partly due to our uncomfortable sleep posture too. No choice has to endure! N rem to rest more ;)

Tannie

Wah same here, even in the offy, I got a mini fan blowing at me. At home i will on the fan whenever i am and at nite I will position the fan at me, while hubby is using blanket...keke

I plan to stay in air cond room for the whole month during confinement. According to the book, it is advisable to set the temperature between 25-27 but not directly blow towards us or the baby. I cant stay without aircond and when I stay at home, my aircond is on almost 24 hours each day :p plus fan... hehe

The purpose of the confinement is to let mothers to have enough rest and nutrients after going through the hard work of labor which our bodies has been drained... certain rules are for a reason like no shower.. as afraid to catch cold or something but we can use the warm towel to wipe our body and dry it... I heard many aunties telling me that it is worth to spend behave properly during that precious confinement month than "suffering" when we are old and weak... So personally I think it is important to have a good rest during confinement :) .. still havent finish reading the book...

Rukia

Wah same here, even in the offy, I got a mini fan blowing at me. At home i will on the fan whenever i am and at nite I will position the fan at me, while hubby is using blanket...keke
I usually blast aircon and fan at night with no blanket. Poor hubby has to cover with blanket and is shivering.

cupcakemum

I'm not looking forward to confinement at all! We are so restricted in what we eat and do... I really hope it won't be too tough. Cannot imagine not bathing everyday.......especially since I have long hair and don't intend on cutting it short... No fan or aircon... Oh dear!

Only can look forward to seeing and spending time with my cute bun I guess... :)

cupcakemum

Hi tannie.. Have u started planning your baby's first month celebration already? If so, that's really fast!

I couldn't find dry shampoo anywhere. Went to pharmacy and they told me nowadays people don't use dry one, they use mousse shampoo. So I bought a bottle already. I guess it will be less itchy than powder shampoo.

U mean there's dry bath too??? Didn't know that!

I am looking more towards baby first month...haha

I dont know if I will be able to swallow the confinement food for one whole month. Intending to switch on aircon if not no fan and May is a hot month, I think its plain suffering.

I am still thinking whether to buy the dry shampoo and dry bath. If not I will stink up my whole house..haha

Meilynn

Ladies, thks for the update re my query on BB's head turning downwards.

Reason y I was worried is bcos my gynae told me if BB's head yet to turn downwards by 37 weeks, wil need Ceaseran to deliver her then. This means tt I hv only abt 5 weeks to go n I am hoping tt my gal can stay full term to grow bigger. Also need the extra weeks to finish existng work n handover to my cover. Yet to find my covering party too. Haiz.

For confinement, I wil try to be guai guai n see thru the 1 mth period. Will try my best to eat the food prepared by the CL thou I dun really fancy such oily stuff. Btw, I will shower during my confinement. My CL when I talked to u encouraged me to shower cos hygiene, ESP I intend to breastfeed. But mus boil water n shower wif one Chinese herb.

As for no fan, will obey but will switch on the air con instead ;) used to sleeping wif air con on so dun think can survive wifout, somemore May supposed to be hot n humid month.

twentydec

i intend to shower before going to the delivery ward and subsequently shower before i leave the hospital. dont think i can tahan w/o showering for a month. my mum is fine with me taking quick shower (washing of hair limited to once/twice a week) etc since she feels that it will be better for baby and myself (hygiene issue cos of the discharge) and the fact that may is gonna be one of the warm month.

i also equipped myself with a dry shampoo from sephora, oscar blandi pronto dry shampoo, just in case if the hair gets too oily to managed.

Tannie

Hi tannie.. Have u started planning your baby's first month celebration already? If so, that's really fast!

I couldn't find dry shampoo anywhere. Went to pharmacy and they told me nowadays people don't use dry one, they use mousse shampoo. So I bought a bottle already. I guess it will be less itchy than powder shampoo.

U mean there's dry bath too??? Didn't know that!
Err tht post was actually by Rukia n not me.
I've not stat planning for baby first month... Do not intend to make it a big celebration too.

Ph I din know there is such thing as mousse shampoo, what brand is that n how much did u pay for it? I intend to get powder shampoo... I cannot stand my oily hair plus the sweat....

I think there is powder bath....

cupcakemum

Oops sorry!

The brand is : batiste. It comes in a light green aerosol can. It is $6.90 from those hdb shampoo shop. But at unity pharmacy it's slightly more exp. I think $8.

http://www.batistehair.co.uk/how-to-use

U can see it here. I didn't know they have a website

I've also never head of it before until recently. The directions seem quite easy. Just spray the mousse in your hair then scrub around. No need to wash out.

Err tht post was actually by Rukia n not me.
I've not stat planning for baby first month... Do not intend to make it a big celebration too.

Ph I din know there is such thing as mousse shampoo, what brand is that n how much did u pay for it? I intend to get powder shampoo... I cannot stand my oily hair plus the sweat....

I think there is powder bath....

Last edited:

Gracecwz

I am usually glued to my com playing some ipad games, if not will be sleeping or lying down on my bed to rest my very achy back. Otherwise, I will be checking my emails and replying.

How about you?
me ah... about it same loh, play some wii games, those not strenuous ones. Clear up the house (slowly). Check forum....see if got energy, maybe prepare dinner? if not read up on childcare or watch drama serials...haha.

Meilynn

I guess diff hsehold hv diff expenses n pattern, so u got to monitor n take note for few months...$200 seems too little..

I think it will be btr to take more at first n thn reduce thn to take little n increase every month...:p
Think $200/- will def not be enuf. Put aside hubby paying for all the expenses, if u hubby can afford, see if can give the stay home mum ard 1k. Besides spending on essential needs, think good to hv some spare cash to set aside n save. I came from a poor family So wif no spare cash wif me, I feel very insecured. Believed women shd hv 'shi fang qian' set aside. Cannot be entirely dependent on ur hubby. Too many uncertainties in life so can 靠自己 better.