EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Rukia

will be sending cakes to office for collg n boss. then onli invite close one lo. dun think all will come also.
btw is it ok, if ppls ask wat gift we wan, we just say angbao will do. i dun wanna get gift i dun use or clothes tat baby cant wear.
I think its ok. I have people asking me about gifts as well. I do have a few items left which I have not bought, but I find it so troublesome to tell them and ask them to go hunt for it. Especially when I want to buy a particular brand only. So just tell them give ang bao and I will go buy the items myself.

BTW, after birth, when we are still staying in hospital, usually do friends visit you then? Its only 2-3 days?

climsp

I heard from my friend that bathing w the herbs will stain your skin. Is that true? Cos the herbs are dark brown in colour. Dont want to look like I just came back from hiking from africa while having the baby shower. Haha
i dun know lei!! my collg nvr mention it. maybe add more water?
i dun wish to have any friend or relatives visit during my stay or confinement. so tired n stress, also dirty n smelly

Last edited:

Tannie

For Chinese can only do earlier bt not later...

I tried Neo catering n Four season b4 for co event, both also not bad.

Hubby suggest to do it at chalet thn no need to clean up after that...

sunkissed

Hello! Confinement was so unbearable for me!! Couldn't wait for it to end. Haha. Keep perspiring cos CL will make me drink and eat "heaty" stuff cos our body bodies will be "cold" after delivering. The soup I drank will be boiled until super hot so will perspire even more!

But I play cheat, sleep in air-con every night :p hehe. Temperature of 25 degrees or higher la. Afternoons will be the most unbearable! Bathe already still will sweat cos of the food and drink.

I didn't really like the dry shampoo. Seemed to give me headache everytime I used it.. Bought batiste brand. Still have a bit leftover. Can pass to whoever wants it :) I live in Tampines.

Think the shampoo doesn't work if the hair is REALLY oily. I used it after a few days in hospital cos I didn't know there was such a thing as dry shampoo! By then, my hair was very gross already =/

Rukia

Oh ang gu kueh n red egg is a pretty good idea, so just boil red egg n buy ang gu kueh ourselves? Or order? Ps I nb attend baby shower before. Lol. Then for them to bring home? Ya actually I don't like sweet things too, cupcake is just for the look.

Can buy the ang ku kueh yourself. As for the red eggs, you can either boil it yourself or I believe there are some places which have a package that sell red eggs and ang ku kueh. Anyone knows?

I attended 2 baby showers before. Usually just go for the buffet. Nothing to bring home. Unless I never attend the baby shower, then I will receive those cake vouchers.

sunkissed

Cos the umbilical cord blood flow isn't too good (on the high side means baby is getting less nutrients from me). So if baby don't reach 2.3kg by 36w or unlikely to make it near that mark, then doc will deliver the baby early. I guess maybe better for her to feed outside than inside if she isn't getting the nutrients properly.
Did your gynae mention why the flow is not good?

esoterice

I thought of hotels before, but the logisitics also quite ma fan, like where can baby sleep, and travelling with baby need to bring a lot of things.. and if people give u gifts, then got to lug back home.

So in the end, I decided to hold it at home. baby so small will not be exposed to outside viruses too. Then, will close all the doors to bedrooms, and let guest hangout in hall, kitchen and corridor only. So when it comes to cleaning, also limited to 2 areas only. Should be quite easy ba..hahaha...

climsp

Can buy the ang ku kueh yourself. As for the red eggs, you can either boil it yourself or I believe there are some places which have a package that sell red eggs and ang ku kueh. Anyone knows?

I attended 2 baby showers before. Usually just go for the buffet. Nothing to bring home. Unless I never attend the baby shower, then I will receive those cake vouchers.
actually cake is onli for relatives, just tat nowaday ppl give to office collg or close friend. will be giving onli to older relative n boss, collg i will order those small cupcakes.

sunkissed

Think hor cakes all that more for relatives. Friends and colleagues just give eat buffet lor. Haha. I also didn't get any cakes when I attended ex-colleague's baby's first month.

Anyway I have a Baby Plus book. Got a few bakeries advertised inside.

1. Sweetest Moments
2. Ecreative
3. Papamama
4. Patridge Pear Fine Favours & Gifts
5. Baby Bliss
6. Heavenly Treats Cupcakes
7. Sweets Garibaldi
8. Life's Moments
9. Bengawan Solo

Haha. So many to check out :) I didn't get to celebrate baby's first month though since she's in NICU. Next week coming 2 months!! :D

climsp

I thought of hotels before, but the logisitics also quite ma fan, like where can baby sleep, and travelling with baby need to bring a lot of things.. and if people give u gifts, then got to lug back home.

So in the end, I decided to hold it at home. baby so small will not be exposed to outside viruses too. Then, will close all the doors to bedrooms, and let guest hangout in hall, kitchen and corridor only. So when it comes to cleaning, also limited to 2 areas only. Should be quite easy ba..hahaha...
i not worry on clean the hse actually, but worry abt dirty hand n kisses on baby.. how to tell them clean ur hand 1st or pass them hand sterliser...or pls dun kiss my baby, he just recover from pimple face??

Tannie

I hv been to a few baby shower before n some really chaotic lor... u will hv to invite relatives fm both side, thn all sure will go into the room n c bb...

Thn the food is placed outside, so a lot of ppl walk in n out, thn kids run arnd, spilled water n food...

climsp

I hv been to a few baby shower before n some really chaotic lor... u will hv to invite relatives fm both side, thn all sure will go into the room n c bb...

Thn the food is placed outside, so a lot of ppl walk in n out, thn kids run arnd, spilled water n food...
if baby in room can tell them baby sleeping dun go in lo. when awake then bring out. if not just take more pic b4 that to show off.

Tannie

Sometimes its hard to reject aunties n the elders ... they will insist seeing bb... they will approach ur parents n in laws....

esoterice

yah hard to reject them if they wan to kiss yr baby hor, unless u know that they are these type, then mabbe you can faster hold your baby and prevent them from kissing. hopefully they are zi dong and don't anyhow kiss kiss la..

I was thinking or can push the cot out and park at one corner of the hall for people to see, instead of them hogging the room...

esoterice

Oh if do before one month means confinement lady still b here? She will mind or not, like ask her do double work. Lol
hmm so far the friends I know all did their party while the CL is there... So should be fine ba... Of cos u need to let yr CL know first la..

Tannie

I think cannot expect the CL to do all clearing up bah... maybe get hubby or family members to help out ... CL shld take care of bb when u entertain guests.... which is oso good, at least she can tell those who wana kiss bb off...after all nt her relatives, she dun hv to b pai say.

Tataro

Haven't plan for the baby shower celebration yet, meanwhile still need to do some shopping n bb clothes washing, btw, do we need to get pump n breastpad now ? if yes , any recommendation?

Bought medela cream yesterday, my nipples feeling much more better now,, any mummies experienced transparent liquid discharge from breast? i did yesterday, my friend said could be the colostrum

Gemini11

I think cannot expect the CL to do all clearing up bah... maybe get hubby or family members to help out ... CL shld take care of bb when u entertain guests.... which is oso good, at least she can tell those who wana kiss bb off...after all nt her relatives, she dun hv to b pai say.
Ive a prob if my MIL n hubby brother n gf come down from malaysia for the baby shower, they will b staying here n if CL still herealso dont know let her zzz where. If do after a month will have anything bad or not? Lol

Rukia

Ya, its after celebration that is a headache. So many things to bring back.

Ya I dont intend to let guest roam around my rooms as well. If not have to clean up after that, so troublesome. I shall confine them to my corridor, hall and kitchen as well..haha guest confinement...