EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gemini11

Thats besides CC bills right? Cuz some places or things also need to pay by cash. I dont think $200 is comfortable. Im alr not working so i know, maybe cuz now no baby so i still have time to wander ard n shop abit. $400-500cash, besides CC bills ( i sign when i buy most things including occassional ntuc trips) should b quite confortable. W a bit of extra for u to keep aside.
I think the main expenses would be food and transport if bring baby out for vaccination? Cant think of anything else.$200? Is that a reasonable amount?

Last edited:

Rukia

Thats besides CC bills right? Cuz some places or things also need to pay by cash. I dont think $200 is comfortable. Im alr not working so i know, maybe cuz now no baby so i still have time to wander ard n shop abit. $400-500cash, besides CC bills ( i sign when i buy most things including occassional ntuc trips) should b quite confortable. W a bit of extra for u to keep aside.
I seldom use my CC, cos most of the things my hubby pays for it. Now I am still working part time so I can still earn my own pocket money. Maybe $400-$500 is a good figure to consider if i really stay at home full time.

Comparing last time when I was working full time. I think I have really cut down alot of expenses.

Rukia

I also tried to take a video of the movement but whenever my camera is on, the tummy stop moving -.-"

Sometime when my baby pop a mold up, i will try to press it down, then it will give a hard kick! Rebellious baby!
I will rub my tummy whenever i see my baby's arm or legs being pushed up. My hubby will be so worried, as me not to rub so hard! haha..I think he is getting more kan chiong than me.

Gemini11

I seldom use my CC, cos most of the things my hubby pays for it. Now I am still working part time so I can still earn my own pocket money. Maybe $400-$500 is a good figure to consider if i really stay at home full time.

Comparing last time when I was working full time. I think I have really cut down alot of expenses.
Ya I also these days just spending less than 1k a month. Those regular facial, skin care, toileteries, food cannot cut down la. Then rest like clothings n mani pedi n cabs etc nv spend much alr. U don't use cc? Wat if u hubby not ard n u need to buy things, also need to sign right? If not $400-500 sure not enough. Like if housewife need to go ntuc, buy diapers, buy toileteries etc.

Tannie

I guess diff hsehold hv diff expenses n pattern, so u got to monitor n take note for few months...$200 seems too little..

I think it will be btr to take more at first n thn reduce thn to take little n increase every month...:p

Rukia

Ya I also these days just spending less than 1k a month. Those regular facial, skin care, toileteries, food cannot cut down . Then rest like clothings n mani pedi n cabs etc never spend much already. you dont't use cc? what if you hubby not around n you need to buy things, also need to sign right? If not $400-500 sure not enough. Like if housewife need to go ntuc, buy diapers, buy toileteries etc.
I do use cc but very much lesser compared to previously. I seldom go out shopping nowadays, cos I feel v tired everyday. Even lunch, I have to drag myself out, and I feel as though I can just find a seat in the foodcourt and fall asleep immediately..haha Sometimes my colleagues will ask me if I am okay, cos I seems to be in a dazed.

So usually my hubby ask me to list down the things I need to buy and he will buy it. Unless necessary, I am usually at home.

Gemini11

I do use cc but very much lesser compared to previously. I seldom go out shopping nowadays, cos I feel v tired everyday. Even lunch, I have to drag myself out, and I feel as though I can just find a seat in the foodcourt and fall asleep immediately..haha Sometimes my colleagues will ask me if I am okay, cos I seems to be in a dazed.

So usually my hubby ask me to list down the things I need to buy and he will buy it. Unless necessary, I am usually at home.
Oh cuz I'm alr not working for half a yr, been resting. Everytime at home also bored. Ya I understand how tiring when u working n pregnant. U working part time ya? Should have abit more rest.

milkshake

Just got back from my check. Baby didn't grow much this week :( at 32w she's only 1.69kg which is at the 10tj centile. Most likely have to deliver at 36w/37w

esoterice

Mine also 1.7kg at week 32. But doc says its average weight leh. The weight increase is 400gm in 3 weeks.

Why do you need to delivery at 36/37wk?

milkshake

Mine also 1.7kg at week 32. But doc says its average weight leh. The weight increase is 400gm in 3 weeks.

Why do you need to delivery at 36/37wk?
Cos the umbilical cord blood flow isn't too good (on the high side means baby is getting less nutrients from me). So if baby don't reach 2.3kg by 36w or unlikely to make it near that mark, then doc will deliver the baby early. I guess maybe better for her to feed outside than inside if she isn't getting the nutrients properly.

esoterice

Cos the umbilical cord blood flow isn't too good (on the high side means baby is getting less nutrients from me). So if baby don't reach 2.3kg by 36w or unlikely to make it near that mark, then doc will deliver the baby early. I guess maybe better for her to feed outside than inside if she isn't getting the nutrients properly.
OIC... but since your last visit, how much has baby gained?

Hi,

Both Sunkissed and Climps will be on the list too.

Stay at Home Mum list:
1. Gemini
2. Esoterice
3. Clearbluesky
4. Sunkissed
5. Climps

Anyone else on the list? :)

Clearbluesky, yes yes, my thinking is the same as you. However, I was thinking to return back to work when baby turns 2. Of cos, this is my tentative plan now, may change later hah..

So far, me, you, and Gemini may be SAHM? Who esle joining the SAHM group? hehe..

Hi Milkshake,

Do you want to try to eat some durians, heard that it helps baby to gain weight.. and some even said beef. I personally took lots of beef during last month and I think it does help.

QUOTE=milkshake;638279]Cos the umbilical cord blood flow isn't too good (on the high side means baby is getting less nutrients from me). So if baby don't reach 2.3kg by 36w or unlikely to make it near that mark, then doc will deliver the baby early. I guess maybe better for her to feed outside than inside if she isn't getting the nutrients properly.[/QUOTE]

milkshake

Hi Milkshake,

Do you want to try to eat some durians, heard that it helps baby to gain weight.. and some even said beef. I personally took lots of beef during last month and I think it does help.

I tried eating durian since last Saturday only. Maybe it's too short of a time to tell on 4 days if baby grew. I guess I shld b thankful she did grow some than none. I also started drinking those mum milk hoping she will fatten up a bit. Will have to see how it goes. Anyway I was told that 36w/37w is quite normal these days for ppl to deliver.

Hi Milkshake,

Baby is consider mature when reach week 37. SO it is safe to deliver when the baby is matured. :)

Any of the mummies make any preparation for the confinement? I just bought a book today about confinement in chinese, although I have engage a confinement nanny and my mum will help me out a bit I think it is still good for me to have some proper knowledge without knowing any reason why they do this and that :)

Hi Milkshake,

I tried eating durian since last Saturday only. Maybe it's too short of a time to tell on 4 days if baby grew. I guess I shld b thankful she did grow some than none. I also started drinking those mum milk hoping she will fatten up a bit. Will have to see how it goes. Anyway I was told that 36w/37w is quite normal these days for ppl to deliver.