EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Rzena

At first my hubby did not seem to be interested in reading up about pregnancies and all, we also did not attend any prenatal classes. So it was mostly me who did all the research and shared with him summaries of what I read and found out. But as my pregnancy progresses, he seems to increasingly take an interest to find out more.. Was very sweet of him yesterday when he asked me, what can he do and say specifically during my labour process to make me feel better.

Just curious what do you ladies expect your hubbies to do during your labour? Provide his arm to pinch and squeeze when we are in pain? Massage and comfort us ... Say words of encouragement... Distract us by talking? or keep quiet and just provide emotional support at our sides? :D

Regarding hubby, I think we cannot force or expect them to read up because it may stress them up even more, or make them feel them suddenly things are changing and may back fire. Many pp heard that after having a baby, things will change la, and their life will get worse etc etc.. I certainly do not want my hubby to feel that way, and I hope to make this transmission a smooth one for him. Mine will not read the books that I bought cos he is not the reading type, but he enjoyed the prenatal class very much. I think he is a more hands-on kind of person.

esoterice

Rzena, my hubby knows he is supposed to help support my back when the contractions come and we are suppose to push. He learnt it from the prenatal class ahah.. and also how to massage the back during labor...

But I also told him to make sure baby is tagged correctly and follow baby whereever he goes (esp in case need to go c sec).

Gemini11

Clearbluesky, yes yes, my thinking is the same as you. However, I was thinking to return back to work when baby turns 2. Of cos, this is my tentative plan now, may change later hah..

So far, me, you, and Gemini may be stay at home mum? Who esle joining the stay at home mum group? hehe..
ya cannot be too LOK at home, hope can faster give birth n regain shape then can play with baby :)

anyway, discussed with hubby today about me going back to work... again he doesnt encourage, i think the underlying reason is cuz baby too precious, he doesnt want others to take care, and when he's not working, he wants me to be around and he be able to play with him and watch him grow also. He will rather be more thirfty n spend less. which also means no more holidaysss :(

well, i guess time to form a stay at home mum club. LOL

Clearbluesky
esoterice
Gemini11

Last edited:

Rukia

Glad to know that I'm not alone. Always thought I shouldn't b thinking too much zzz
tt why maybe staying at home is not a good option. Too free. Thoughts wonders.
But then again when the baby's out things may be different.
I feel insecured at times as well. Cos nowadays I cannot wear those nice nice dresses and shoes. And the figure all out of shape. I put less makeup as well, just in case the ingredients may be bad for baby. Just the basic powder, blusher and eyeliner.

Rukia

ya cannot be too LOK at home, hope can faster give birth n regain shape then can play with baby :)

anyway, discussed with hubby today about me going back to work... again he doesnt encourage, i think the underlying reason is cuz baby too precious, he doesnt want others to take care, and when he's not working, he wants me to be around and he be able to play with him and watch him grow also. He will rather be more thirfty n spend less. which also means no more holidaysss :(

well, i guess time to form a stay at home mum club. LOL

Clearbluesky
esoterice
Gemini11
I am working part time. Have considered staying at home to take care of baby, but also concern that I will lose touch with corporate world and when I want to go back when baby gets older, no one will want me and the pay cut I have to face...sigh!!

But i have no one to take care of baby, and my friends have advised me against putting baby in infant care cos of their bad experience. Now really caught in the middle. Dont know what is my next step.

Tataro

I was always wish that I could become a housewife with monthly income, lol, dreaming ah

I cannot afford to be stay at home mum, need to support family, somemore gt a pet at home plus the baby now

esoterice

Tataro, I also got pet at home, and its actually my doggie (my hubby dun really like pets). So I am putting aside some $$ for my pet lol, can u imagine...hahaha.. cos dun wan my hubby to feel burdened suddenly need to feed baby + wife + dog too hahaha..

Rukia, yes! Must be careful of the infant care. My friend who is working in infant care also advised not to put there. Many times they are short of staff and babies crying, they have no choice but to let them cry it out. Hungry also have to wait and queue up. MCYS infant - caregiverratio is 1:5 .. One hand how to take care of 5 babies.. So some bosses just stick with the MCYS ratio.

Don't think will lose touch with corporate world ba.. I cannot imagine. Unless stop working for 6 year and above then mabbe. I actually don't mind the paycut. As long as got income can already..

Last edited:

Gracecwz

I feel insecured at times as well. Cos nowadays I cannot wear those nice nice dresses and shoes. And the figure all out of shape. I put less makeup as well, just in case the ingredients may be bad for baby. Just the basic powder, blusher and eyeliner.
Aiyoh, I see u all so cautious, I feel so guilty. Previous week, i took leave, to highlight my hair and do pedicure. Feels so pampered and prettier after that. If not I dare not go out or meet friends.... The hairdresser was nice, no machine treatment, and very careful not to use bleach or touch the dye to my scalp. For pedicure, I didnt bend down and inhale the nail polish, so it's fine.

I think pedicure very important leh, otherwise now I cannot reach my toes to cut my nails!! :p

Gemini11

I am working part time. Have considered staying at home to take care of baby, but also concern that I will lose touch with corporate world and when I want to go back when baby gets older, no one will want me and the pay cut I have to face...sigh!!

But i have no one to take care of baby, and my friends have advised me against putting baby in infant care cos of their bad experience. Now really caught in the middle. Dont know what is my next step.
There is always a solution to a problem, when the prob comes somehow we will find a way to deal w it. Meanwhile just try to discuss the possibilities w ur hubby.

Rukia

Tataro, I also got pet at home, and its actually my doggie (my hubby dun really like pets). So I am putting aside some $$ for my pet lol, can u imagine...hahaha.. cos dun wan my hubby to feel burdened suddenly need to feed baby + wife + dog too hahaha..

Rukia, yes! Must be careful of the infant care. My friend who is working in infant care also advised not to put there. Many times they are short of staff and babies crying, they have no choice but to let them cry it out. Hungry also have to wait and queue up. MCYS infant - caregiverratio is 1:5 .. One hand how to take care of 5 babies.. So some bosses just stick with the MCYS ratio.

Don't think will lose touch with corporate world ba.. I cannot imagine. Unless stop working for 6 year and above then mabbe. I actually don't mind the paycut. As long as got income can already..
Sometimes I see my friends climbing up the corporate ladder, so I feel abit left behind as well. Know I shouldnt feel this way, cos I should focus on my family and baby. But I cant help it. Especially when we go out for dinner. They will take about their work, promotion, pay rise, bonus, so I feel abit left out.

Ya I heard that babies suffer in infant care due to lack of staff. Poor thing.

Rukia

Aiyoh, I see u all so cautious, I feel so guilty. Previous week, i took leave, to highlight my hair and do pedicure. Feels so pampered and prettier after that. If not I dare not go out or meet friends.... The hairdresser was nice, no machine treatment, and very careful not to use bleach or touch the dye to my scalp. For pedicure, I didnt bend down and inhale the nail polish, so it's fine.

I think pedicure very important leh, otherwise now I cannot reach my toes to cut my nails!! :p
I am intending to do pedicure and highlight my hair after birth. Haha...ren for so long, must pamper myself after birth.

At the same time, doll myself up abit, if not I will look so haggard beside my hubby. Want to be a pretty mummy :)

Actually after birth, how soon can we start exercising? I heard if we exercise too early, the womb may drop??

Tataro

Hi esoterice, mine one also a doggie, very naughty n cunning somemore, always ask for food, haha, luckily my hubby he like pet, I just wish I could cope with both my dog n baby, afraid my dog will get jealous

Omg!! Serious? I plan to send my bb to infant care, no choice no one can help to take care, can't find any baby sitter so far

Rukia

There is always a solution to a problem, when the prob comes somehow we will find a way to deal w it. Meanwhile just try to discuss the possibilities w ur hubby.
If I work, at least I can help out with the household expenses, if not everything is so expensive in Singapore. :(

I did ask him before, he mentioned that he prefers that I continue working. Baby can always find infant care or nanny to take care. I know I will keep worrying about my baby if I leave her with someone else.

I am just wondering, for those SAHM, does your hubby give you pocket money every month?
My hubby pays for all the household expenses so I dont know if I really have no choice but stay home in future, what is a reasonable amount I should ask as pocket money, since I dont think I will be spending much when I am home anyway.

Furthermore, I dont want to stress and burden him with having to pay for so many expenses.

yingzy

Hi Mummies to be,

I have 5 tommee tippee (3 white, 2 pink) 260ml brand new milk bottles to sell. 5 for 40 bucks.

Throwing in a pre-love white 150ml tommee tippee. Pick up location at old airport road.

Gemini11

If I work, at least I can help out with the household expenses, if not everything is so expensive in Singapore. :(

I did ask him before, he mentioned that he prefers that I continue working. Baby can always find infant care or nanny to take care. I know I will keep worrying about my baby if I leave her with someone else.

I am just wondering, for those SAHM, does your hubby give you pocket money every month?
My hubby pays for all the household expenses so I dont know if I really have no choice but stay home in future, what is a reasonable amount I should ask as pocket money, since I dont think I will be spending much when I am home anyway.

Furthermore, I dont want to stress and burden him with having to pay for so many expenses.
Ya I also not taking much money from him yet.
He is already paying for most things, since last month started asking him to pay for my CC bills n told him need to take money from him alr when baby out. since he's the one who doesn't wan me to work I think he should expect that, at the same time also don't wan him to b too stress. Now I also don't know how much to ask from him when baby is born. What u think?

twentydec

hello may-mummy-to-be,

im a first time mummy in my 32 weeks now. is there anyone out here experiencing frequent urinating issue? i make my run (sometimes) pretty often, can be as short as 10 min interval but the second time feels like leaking sensation.