Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

nyati22

Hi Sweet toothz!
Once the akar bloomed means I'm gonna give birth? For real? I'm now at 37weeks and have been feeling a lil menses cramp like but still no 15mins-interval contractions or blood signs.. So can i start drinking it now? 1cup in the morning or night?

Hot mamie

Assalamualaikum wr wb,

Hii mummies, its a pleasure to read ur forum here...
U ol been sharing lotsa ting abt being preggy, a working mum,caring for baby n etc...

Wud like to congrats to dos mummies who are expecting n gona hv their new bundle of joy soon...evn ure wit ur 1st,2nd or 3rd one, u wil certainly feel de excitement of having de newborn soon...me too feel so happy for ol de mummies here...

M 29 yrs old n m a mum of 5 lovely kiddos..so my factory da totp..haha..
Nw m juggling up wit werk n families..its de most tiring ting in life bt I enjoy evry bit of it...sumtyms I dun evn hv de tym to pamper myself wit shopping n chiilaxing wit my GF...bt for sure family comes first..:))

So I hup ol de mummies here wil enjoy their experiences of their pregnancy n I wil pray dat ol expecting mummies wil hv a safe n smooth delivery soon...insya allah...amin...:)

zaclin29

Hi Sweet toothz!
Once the akar bloomed means I'm gonna give birth? For real? I'm now at 37weeks and have been feeling a lil menses cramp like but still no 15mins-interval contractions or blood signs.. So can i start drinking it now? 1cup in the morning or night?
Hi nyati22,

I have checked with my sister/aunty.

According to her u are supposed to soak the akar 1-2 days before your EDD and wait till the akar blooms.
However since u already soak the akar, u can just drink the water. This means that you are escalating the labour.
Anyway since akar already blooms it means that you will dilate very fast after drinking the water.

You need to drink all the water bit by bit and selawat each time and niat for smooth delivery.

Whatever it is, you shld never let the akar dry up until you have given birth. Makes sure it is always soak in water.

Pray and hope you have a smooth delivery!

Sweetoothz

Hi Sweet toothz!
Hey,
i also tak pernah dgr abt this until last week! hehehe.. my fren ckp the akar will never kembang one but once the akar kembang means u da nak dekat bersalin bt the interval between the akar bloom and the real labour tu i dunno. hehe.

nyati22

Hi Zaclin29,
Thanks sooo much for ur clarification.. Didn't know I have accidentally cause for early labour! Tapi tak sengaje.. :p.
Hi Sweetoothz,
I forgot to reply on where to get this.. My uncle got it from Mecca years back.. I didn't know it's purpose till last month! :)
But my Fren did mention geylang.. U might wanna try.. Gd luck!!

Suhaidah

Salam ladies!

What's this akar thing? I am indian muslim so im not sure of malay practices but im really curious to find out! Do inform me yearh and where can i get this?

Thank u all!

zaclin29

usually people get it from mecca..
and normally people will "borrow" the akar from someone..
not too sure if u can get this anywhere here..

Suhaidah

hey babe, i'm delivering at GlenE too.. have u check out the tour yet? i'm gg on my next appt on the 5th March. when's ur edd? im crawling into my 28th week now.. edd: 13/05/2012..
hey dear. I went for their tour when i was in my first trimester itself. Super kiasu! im sorry for the late reply. Im into my 37th weeks now.. edd-7 may. Very close to urs!

Sweetoothz

Hi Zaclin29,
Thanks sooo much for ur clarification.. Didn't know I have accidentally cause for early labour! Tapi tak sengaje.. :p.
Hi Sweetoothz,
I forgot to reply on where to get this.. My uncle got it from Mecca years back.. I didn't know it's purpose till last month! :)
But my Fren did mention geylang.. U might wanna try.. Gd luck!!
ya i heard also can get from Mecca. my nenek is doing her umrah now so mayb can ask her to get for me. ehhehe..

but just spoken w my aunt n she say at joo chiat complex yg jual jamu2 that kind of shop got sell the akar. since i stay quite close i might as well pop in n see if they really have them..

Last edited:

Sweetoothz

hey dear. I went for their tour when i was in my first trimester itself. Super kiasu! im sorry for the late reply. Im into my 37th weeks now.. edd-7 may. Very close to urs!
yup2.. i went last week n the min i step into the delivery suite, it immediately send chills all over my body!! sampai skg i teringat2.. hehehe.

any symptoms for u yet?

Fadeela

Morning All,

How are all you mummies??? Doing fine I believe some have already popped.

Abt the akar thing i heard of it like 12 years ago when my sister was giving birth to her first child but i dont think so it really works. My sis still have a long difficult labour after consuming that water.

Anyway im doing my GTT test tomorrow, haiz..... i really scared seh abt mu glucose tolerance. I dont want to end up with any insulin injection etc,

Suhaidah

yup2.. i went last week n the min i step into the delivery suite, it immediately send chills all over my body!! sampai skg i teringat2.. hehehe.

any symptoms for u yet?
hahaha, prob if i go for the maternity tour, i might have the chills also! I am having constant boob ache la.. someone was saying cause maybe milk is being produced in the boobs so got pain. Im not sure but cldnt slp at all yest. So far, no symptoms. Just occasional abdominal pain.. but all the pain like can tahan kinda.. not the "oh-my-holy-mama" kinda pain!

Im just hoping i dont have to wait till my EDD. Feels like its such a looong way to go. Wanna pop as soon as i reach 37 weeks, insya allah! :) How abt u? any symptoms?

Suhaidah

Morning All,

How are all you mummies??? Doing fine I believe some have already popped.

Abt the akar thing i heard of it like 12 years ago when my sister was giving birth to her first child but i dont think so it really works. My sis still have a long difficult labour after consuming that water.

Anyway im doing my GTT test tomorrow, haiz..... i really scared seh abt mu glucose tolerance. I dont want to end up with any insulin injection etc,
Don't worry dear! Everything shld be fine!

Sweetoothz

any symptoms for u yet?
hahaha, prob if i go for the maternity tour, i might have the chills also! I am having constant boob ache la.. someone was saying cause maybe milk is being produced in the boobs so got pain. Im not sure but cldnt slp at all yest. So far, no symptoms. Just occasional abdominal pain.. but all the pain like can tahan kinda.. not the "oh-my-holy-mama" kinda pain!

Im just hoping i dont have to wait till my EDD. Feels like its such a looong way to go. Wanna pop as soon as i reach 37 weeks, insya allah! :) How abt u? any symptoms?
I am having menses like cramping since last night. It last abt 1-2 mins n it's like 20-45 mins apart. Bt nothing unbearable tho. Went in to check w the dr's tadi n my cervix is still close n bby is head down already.. Alhamdullilah..
I told bb jgn klua dulu untill buyut dia balik this sat then stay for another week atleast n by then I da 37 weeks. Hehhe.. Oh my boobs sakit also bt not as bad as the last time where I demam for 4 days!
Hope u other ladies are doing fine as well.. xxx

mummy5

Hi.. For my self i dont need the akar or watever, i only baca selawat alfateha n istifar banyak2.. Alhamdulilah semuanya berjalan lancar...

My edd 14may. Wil be at my 37th wk next wk. cant wait! But hv not packed my hospital bag yet tho ive washed all the baby clothes. Tinggal nak vacuum packed je. Occasionally i feel back pain n cramps but not in labour yet. For my earlier 2 pregnancies, im usually dilated abt 2cm by 37th wk but only gave birth at 38th wk. im so huge now, n there's the constant urge to pee. I think my bladder is now the size of a pea. Lol!

Oh yah, by the way, alhamdulillah my labour was quite fast for my previous pregnancies. My first one was between one and a half hour to 2hrs frm the time i felt contractions to the time i deliver. I remembered previously i always amalkan baca ayat kursi daily. N always pray to Allah for a smooth delivery. Insyaallah everything wil go smoothly for u laydeez :)

Sweetoothz

My edd 14may. Wil be at my 37th wk next wk. cant wait! But hv not packed my hospital bag yet tho ive washed all the baby clothes. Tinggal nak vacuum packed je. Occasionally i feel back pain n cramps but not in labour yet. For my earlier 2 pregnancies, im usually dilated abt 2cm by 37th wk but only gave birth at 38th wk. im so huge now, n there's the constant urge to pee. I think my bladder is now the size of a pea. Lol!
Hi,
My edd is on 13 May!! A day b4 urs.. Hehehe..
Sama lah Kita. Can't sleep properly now n is aching everywhere! Where will u be delivering?

nyati22

Morning ladies.. I'm reaching my 39weeks in 2 days time.. Still no sign of labour.. Only occasional BH a few times a day.. Smua kat rumah dah start anxious.. Bile see my number on the phone jek, bukan main Cepat and the call.. Coz I'm home alone weekdays! Kekeke..
Just wondering kalau baby dah hit 40weeks masih lum kluar.. Boleh Tunggu lagik ke nak gi induce? Anyone has any experience?? Me 1st time mummy. Thanks!

Morning ladies.. I'm reaching my 39weeks in 2 days time.. Still no sign of labour.. Only occasional BH a few times a day.. Smua kat rumah dah start anxious.. Bile see my number on the phone jek, bukan main Cepat and the call.. Coz I'm home alone weekdays! Kekeke..
Just wondering kalau baby dah hit 40weeks masih lum kluar.. Boleh Tunggu lagik ke nak gi induce? Anyone has any experience?? Me 1st time mummy. Thanks!
actually, i am already 40 wks now. my gynae moved my edd a week earlier based on baby's measurements. according to my new edd, i should have given birth on the 13th april but im still waiting!! i have an appt with her later so i have no idea what to expect. she did say that she might try inducing if i have started to dilate but im very scared of induction. i'm afraid that labor might stall halfway if my body cannot take it and then gynae might have to do emergency c-sect. i am praying for the best!! :err:

Last edited: