EDD May 2012 Mummies!

climsp

Sounds like he is pushing cos he doesnt want to lougi on the table. Guess you just have to be firm and tell him that you cant attend.

Last time my friends who did not attend my wedding just gave about $40-60. I guess that is the usual rate?
but he invite both me n hubby, so i give $100 to $120?

Rukia

I have given birth to my baby boy on 20th April (EDD 2nd May).

Here's my experience as first time mummy:

6am: No sign of labor until the waterbag suddenly burst at 6am in the morning. A few hours before, I have a bit of stomache like wanting to poo. Because I got constipation, i did not bother to go to the toilet to try so I continue to sleep (early morning is such good time to sleep). Suddenly, i heard to pop sound and water gushes out. The water keeps flowing for about 45 mins (i think got almost 1 full pail of water). There is no pain at all.

7.30 am: Leakage almost stop. No contraction pain yet
8 am: reach hospital. Still no contraction pain
8.30 am: nurse checked 1 cm dilation
9 am: contraction starts slowly. But baby heartbeat goes above normal range. Gynae instructed to induce
9.45 am -11 am: Pain gets intense. Almost killing me by 10.30 am. 2 cm dilation
11 am: Epidural. Wow.... what a great relief
12pm: 8 cm dilation
1 pm: fully dilated. Nurse teaches me how to push. No success at all
3 pm: Gynae uses vaccumn. At 3.15 pm, my baby arrives

Congrats!! Have a good rest.

1 pail of water? That is alot! How did you manage to get to the hospital? I dont think one pad will be able to contain that much water?

Tataro

Hi mummies, thanks for the advise, called her, i am feeling better now. now i am still consider whether i want to ask her help or not...

congrat!! Smurfete, wah. means ur bb arrived 10 days earlier? "1 full pail of water"???? scary leh, did u bath before you go to hospital?

Rukia

but he invite both me n hubby, so i give $100 to $120?
Hmmz...last time my friends are all single.

My friend's wedding which I am not attending this round, I plan to give about $100 cos we have been friends for many years. She invited me and my hubby.

I think depending on how close you are, i guess $60-$100 for two pax (not attending) should be fine?
Previously, I did buy those previous moments wedding figurines as gift to my other friend, if I am not attending as well.

Smurfete

I also cannot feel the difference between contraction and baby kicks at first. After this birth experience, I realise contraction feels like severe mensuration cramps.

smurfete - congrat!! ur labour seem fast.. hope mine also fast fast....
btw when ur waterbag burst, baby still moving or sleep? cos my boy always super active. scared confuse contraction w/ his painful kicks

Smurfete

I think 1 carton of pads also not enough to contain. I waited until the leak stops. Somemore, its not water per se. Diluted blood.

Congrats!! Have a good rest.

1 pail of water? That is alot! How did you manage to get to the hospital? I dont think one pad will be able to contain that much water?

Smurfete

The ultrascan shows that my baby is 2.6kg, so all the more i thought he won't be out before end of April. But he came out as 3kg.
1 full pail of blood tainted water (pail size is those for mopping floor). It is so cold in the morning, esp when I am shocked. I turn on the heater at 40 degrees and managed to have a good shower and hair wash. The shower calms me down too,

Hi mummies, thanks for the advise, called her, i am feeling better now. now i am still consider whether i want to ask her help or not...

congrat!! Smurfete, wah. means ur bb arrived 10 days earlier? "1 full pail of water"???? scary leh, did u bath before you go to hospital?

Congratulation to you Smurfete!! How you are resting at home with baby? Hope everything is well and looking forward for yo to share more of your motherhood soon. :)

climsp

Smurfete - think it hard for me to diff it also!! cos having very B.H n cramps nowadays. i try to time the cramp sometime. last nite b4 sleep, i ask hubby wat if i contraction now, is he ready, he look stun as he was helping me w/ all the pillow n blanket...hahhaa

think i better ask gynea tomolo whether baby will be out earlier cos baby seem like no space inside.. i suffer alot of pain from his kick n movement, w/ all the cramp n B.H..i feel so tired n sick now...

Rukia - think of going cos she quite close, partly is the same place i hold my wedding also, but is her hubby tat make me pissed.. think ask gynea how baby 1st then decide...

Rukia

The ultrascan shows that my baby is 2.6kg, so all the more i thought he won't be out before end of April. But he came out as 3kg.
1 full pail of blood tainted water (pail size is those for mopping floor). It is so cold in the morning, esp when I am shocked. I turn on the heater at 40 degrees and managed to have a good shower and hair wash. The shower calms me down too,
I think I will be shocked too. I always thought it would be clear fluid.

I hope my waterbag will only burst when I am in hospital. I cannot imagine have to hail a cab and go to hospital in that state. Especially if my hubby is not around.

But if you let the water all drain out, wont it affect the baby?

Tataro

Smurfete, thanks for the info.

The epi injection pain or not ? how about your wound now ?

Gracecwz

Congrats smurfete!! Was baby engaged before that? Tink rzena or climsp might be next, seeing how you all got active uterus. Now I still nvr get bh

Gracecwz

Oh yah, good that u remind us about the water being bloody. I think I must change my bed sheet to one which I din really like. Later all bloody... I dun want my cotton sateen sheet to be bloody....

Tannie

Gracecwz:647511 said:
Congrats smurfete!! Was baby engaged before that? Tink rzena or climsp might be next, seeing how you all got active uterus. Now I still nvr get bh
Actually I duno if I experience any BH... n had not suffer from bad menses cramp b4 pregnant ... start to worry ... wonder if I can tell or tolerate those pain or not...

cn211279

Congrats on the smooth delivery...

I have given birth to my baby boy on 20th April (EDD 2nd May).

Here's my experience as first time mummy:

6am: No sign of labor until the waterbag suddenly burst at 6am in the morning. A few hours before, I have a bit of stomache like wanting to poo. Because I got constipation, i did not bother to go to the toilet to try so I continue to sleep (early morning is such good time to sleep). Suddenly, i heard to pop sound and water gushes out. The water keeps flowing for about 45 mins (i think got almost 1 full pail of water). There is no pain at all.

7.30 am: Leakage almost stop. No contraction pain yet
8 am: reach hospital. Still no contraction pain
8.30 am: nurse checked 1 cm dilation
9 am: contraction starts slowly. But baby heartbeat goes above normal range. Gynae instructed to induce
9.45 am -11 am: Pain gets intense. Almost killing me by 10.30 am. 2 cm dilation
11 am: Epidural. Wow.... what a great relief
12pm: 8 cm dilation
1 pm: fully dilated. Nurse teaches me how to push. No success at all
3 pm: Gynae uses vaccumn. At 3.15 pm, my baby arrives

climsp

Rukia - u mean waterproof sheet for the baby cot one?? think i better put also.. plus 2 layer of mattress protector!!

Gracewz - i wanna baby to be out soon but in the other hand i scare he too small cos onli coming to 36week tomolo. i suffering alot from this naughty boy. he can kick nonstop whole day, when hear i talk or daddy's voice he move even more in the small bump of mine!! it is super pain!! sometime hubby say he feel heartaches and sad, wanna cry when see how i suffer from all the kicks, cramp etc...sometime i wonder will i suffer from internal wound!!