EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Smurfete

I stayed an extra night in the hospital cos I am scare I cannot handle the baby. Esp, the wails of a newborn makes u panic.

Congratulation to you Smurfete!! How you are resting at home with baby? Hope everything is well and looking forward for yo to share more of your motherhood soon. :)

Hi Rukia,
D not worry... I will also need to travel to Msia for next year CNY... flight very fast only around 60 mins.. if cannot last then no choice need to share the fragrance with others.. hahaha...or ask the air stewardess where to change. Toilet is really a bit too small..

I have to bring my baby to Msia for my in-law to see next year CNY. Abit worried about her poo-ing on the plane. Where to find changing place for her on airplane. The toilet itself is so small. Unless I change her at my seat and share the "fragrance" with every passenger. Wohaha...

Do you engage any CL or anyone to help you during your confinement?

oh... take it as natural music... haha.. enjoy the music as once they grow older.. the sounds will be different... and you might miss it then.. :)

I stayed an extra night in the hospital cos I am scare I cannot handle the baby. Esp, the wails of a newborn makes u panic.

Smurfete

I don't think it will affect the baby if u deliver on that day itself
Since my waterbag is already drained out, the doc induces to speed up contraction. She said the main reason is because the baby heartbeat has gone above normal. Cannot wait too long.
I also thought its clear fluid. Luckily, I have not gone to office yet. My mum and hubby almost fainted at the sight...

I think I will be shocked too. I always thought it would be clear fluid.

I hope my waterbag will only burst when I am in hospital. I cannot imagine have to hail a cab and go to hospital in that state. Especially if my hubby is not around.

But if you let the water all drain out, wont it affect the baby?

Smurfete

With the contraction pain, I dun feel anything on the epi injection. Hubby asks, "u really din feel the injection? the syringe is big."
But once injected, u really dun feel a single bit of pain.*
As for the wound, its still painful now (day 7). Gotta sit on cushion. When constipation and the hard stool is coming out, buay tahan. I rather not poo.

Smurfete, thanks for the info.

The epi injection pain or not ? how about your wound now ?

Smurfete

No, the baby is not engaged. And my bump is small. No contraction before that. So, its really a big surprise

Congrats smurfete!! Was baby engaged before that? Tink rzena or climsp might be next, seeing how you all got active uterus. Now I still nvr get bh

Gemini11

Hi Rukia,
D not worry... I will also need to travel to Msia for next year CNY... flight very fast only around 60 mins.. if cannot last then no choice need to share the fragrance with others.. hahaha...or ask the air stewardess where to change. Toilet is really a bit too small..
Dont worry there will b one or 2 bigger toilets w changing tables on every aircraft. N the airlines do carry baby diapers, wet wipes, baby bibs, even milk bottles! Tts for our own airline btw not sure about others. Yes I was flying before preggie n really bth those mum who ask for fresh milk mircowave heated for their babies... It's not good for the babies! dont tell me they dont't bring their own formula while travelling? So irresponsible ya?

Tannie

Yap I think btr check with the crew members where to change baby else gana curse n swear by other passenger. My uncle was telling us his trip to Genting, got one couple change baby diaper on the air con coach n it is so stinky that the bus driver has to stop in the middle of the road, open the doors and scolded the couples.... All the passenger also quickly got out of the bus to breathe... Haha

Most airlines hv changing areas for babies in the washrms. I knw SQ, Garuda, emirates all hv those. I really salute mummies who travel wif their babies. It took me 4 yrs and 2 kids later b4 i finally got the courage to travel wif kids on the plane :) it's not that bad afterall

What about budget airline like jetstar or Airasia? Anyone experience ?

Most airlines hv changing areas for babies in the washrms. I knw SQ, Garuda, emirates all hv those. I really salute mummies who travel wif their babies. It took me 4 yrs and 2 kids later b4 i finally got the courage to travel wif kids on the plane :) it's not that bad afterall

Gemini11

What about budget airline like jetstar or Airasia? Anyone experience ?
Actually is not about which airline, is depends on the aircraft they r using for tt route. The older n smaller aircraft usually don't have. As long as u know the aircraft they using u can check the configuration n see if the do have a bigger toilet w changing table

Btw, if u r travelling to KL, from take off n landing actual flight time only 35 min, though they will usually state 50 min on paper, so don't worry too much, baby should b able to tahan

Last edited:

Meilynn

Congrats Smurfete!! Though u now still recovering from the labour, bet u muz hv start to enjoy motherhood ;) Reading ur experience makes me understand the process better though def getting aall anxious.

I hv nvr exp BH until 2 nights ago. Tummy harden like nobody's biz n VJJ pain was bad. At night cannot sleep well too cos this harden tummy in the way, no matter which angle I tried to sleep in. My gal chose these few days to be more active at night. Now feeling very tired.

Going to consult the dr again. 3rd times in 3 weeks. Cough n flu still not well n now wif harden tummy coughing bring additional pain. Hopefully can recover soon.

miracle25

No, the baby is not engaged. And my bump is small. No contraction before that. So, its really a big surprise

Congrats smurfete!! Was baby engaged before that? Tink rzena or climsp might be next, seeing how you all got active uterus. Now I still nvr get bh
me too, baby wasnt engaged at week 38, no contraction, small belly..surprised for me too @ though we had packed d hospital bag, we still realised we forgot some stuff when at in d hospital.

miracle25

hi all, jus some updates.. I've discharged today, went to d special care to bid gdbye to my baby & will go back to see him everyday until he discharge. He has abit jaundice, chest infection & had bit of breathing difficulties, all bcos I had fever b4 I admit d hospital & water had leaked for quite some time already..

now resting at home, gota work very hard to pump milk for my baby.. so far did d pump in d hospital but only few drops of colostrum so cant feed baby..

now looking forward to visit my boy everyday & bring him my milk (if I can)..

Believe that you have the milk and continue pumping...
All the best and have a good rest. You need to rest more and drink more.. eat more nutritious food so that to help increase the milk flow.

hi all, jus some updates.. I've discharged today, went to d special care to bid gdbye to my baby & will go back to see him everyday until he discharge. He has abit jaundice, chest infection & had bit of breathing difficulties, all bcos I had fever b4 I admit d hospital & water had leaked for quite some time already..

now resting at home, gota work very hard to pump milk for my baby.. so far did d pump in d hospital but only few drops of colostrum so cant feed baby..

climsp

Back home after mani/padicure!! But they dun dare massage my legs. Anyway enjoy it.

Morning went for checkup n CTG, gynea mention baby is superman baby, still so super active w/ limited space.. Haha, actually I dun feel much movement during the CTG, wonder if baby move a lot, wat gynea will say..hahaa. I having mild contraction, tat why VJJ having pressure n cramps. Baby weight 2.5kg now, so happy he gain all the 500gram tat I gain from the past 2weeks. Gynea say baby is getting lower now, but nvr mention on engaged. Ask me to take note on any water bag burst, bloodshow or slow baby movements anytime now.. Hope baby will stay inside for another 1week after I start my ML...

climsp

Hi, dun worry too much n stress abt milk, take more rest, eat healthy food like fish n papaya soup. Can try fenugreek to help increase milk also.. Happy pumping!!

Sweetoothz

38 weeks today n can't wait for Monday for another checkup!! Will b checking for dilation n effacement I think...
Congrats to those who has given birth!! Rest well ya.. Xxx