Edd dec 2012

meow1607

Hi All,

congrats to all! should be 6-7 weeks.. also through iphone apps...
having my 1st appt this thurs..
what symptoms you gals are having? Sighhh... i've been feeling nausea since last week, always hungry....

KaraMummy

Hi all! Just tested positive yesterday. Havent been to Gynae but guessing EDD 27 Dec.

Chubbyfingers, I'm planning to see Dr Yeoh Swee Choo too! Saw her for my #1 but I delivered in Msia. Btw I've been trying to call her office but no answer. Do you know if she is on leave or something? TIA

Chubbyfingers

karamummy, Dr Yeoh is in her office. In fact, i'm going to see her later in the afternoon. you should try calling her office again as the clinic gets rather busy at times. Anyway I saw her 2 weeks ago and although my appt was at 4.30pm, she got so much backlog that she saw me at 6pm. Try to book weekday appt so weekend waiting time is worse.

KaraMummy

Thanks chubbyfingers! I managed to contact her clinic on Weds.

Ya, her waiting time can be quite long. You can call the clinic before u leave your house and ask them estimated delay or call to let them know u are around Orchard and to call u when its almost your turn.

Chubbyfingers

Thanks for the suggestion, karamummy! that was the same suggestion given by the clinic staff too... im rather tempted to change my gynae but im comfortable with her and she is such a nice and patient gynae.. i just hope she can manage her appt book better.

Hi All! Tested positive with 2 clearblue tests this week, and went to gynae to confirm today. I am 5 weeks now and EDD is 20 Dec. Am seeing Dr Don Wong at The Gynae Link, Admiralty :)
All the best to all mummies-to-be

cony

Hi dear. My gynae will be cathy tan. Recomended by my husb's friend whose wife took her for the 1st and 2nd born.
Hi mizzyeika, when is ur appointment date? Mine is on 10th - will be the second one. I hope dr will be able to detect heartbeat!

Pregnancy is not stabilised yet :( Still can't share a good news with parents :(

mizzyeika

Hi mizzyeika, when is ur appointment date? Mine is on 10th - will be the second one. I hope dr will be able to detect heartbeat!

Pregnancy is not stabilised yet :( Still can't share a good news with parents :(
Hi dear, i will be seeing my gynae only on the 4th may. Still scared too although this is my 2nd. Im currently feeling very weak n vomited all the foods i ate. I even lost 4kgs! :(

babyjade

Dear all mum to bes, nice to know u all! just found out Im pregnant two days ago..tested positive. Based on Last period should b about 4 weeks pregnancy. Been having cramps and all. Visited the doc and did scope but can't even see the sac... Tested too early :( blood test positive but the hcg level is low. Praying everything will b fine. Seeing the doc again tmr.

Re: Nestle Nan Pro 2

Hello mummies!

I just did an ultrasound at kk yesterday and saw my baby with legs and hands! Am 10 weeks pregnant now and a first time mummy! Nice to know all you ladies here!

Anw am deciding whether to cont with kk or switch to thomson. Any recommendations?

J@sonCh@n

Alpha Male
Hello. My name is jason.. This will be our second child.. Previously my wife was in the Edd sep 2010.. She just saw her gynae ytd.. 6 weeks pregnant.. By right her Edd is early jan 2013.. But she want to do C- sec at end Dec 2012. So I guess I have to join the group here.. Her gynae is Esther Ng from mount A...

workingmama98

Yeah KaraMummy... Actually good to be in Jan 2013 cuz its still gonna be a dragon baby, but with less competition in school cuz it will be a snake year. Hehe! I wanted mine to be in Jan'13 too. But its on 14 Dec. :)

J@sonCh@n

Alpha Male
My wife think differently. She wan our kid to gain time in study. Meaning when our kid just turn 2 yrs old in dec. next jan can start school and not wait for next year cos born in jan

KaraMummy

workingmama98, we think the same!! Hope baby will patiently stay inside.

JasonChan, hahah...we're opposite ler. We want to delay her entry to next year coz we think she'll be at disadvantage (which might carry on for the rest of schooling, eg confidence in schooling, always being laggard..etc).

Just to share some things we read up for #1 coz she was also late year Nov baby. There is actually studies that late year children are at disadvantage. Basically the child will only be 2 when her classmates are 3 which is a huge gap in developmental ability at their age. The most obvious is, kids at 2 are speaking few words while kids at 3 can already talk in sentences and follow instructions but in class the teacher will teach them as a group. Unless you have a very good teacher, I don't see them taking the extra time/slow down to help the younger kids to catch up. Kids are starting earlier these days so age difference becomes even more obvious (unless they are exceptional kids, and we're talking top percentiles). I can't remember exactly where i read thse since its almost a year ago but if interested, all the readings were done online. Just have to make sure u read from actual studies and not from opinions forums.

Its not so much a problem in Singapore coz most preschools accept kids by age limit until primary school. And there are things you can look into as well....eg. small student ratio so teacher can teach at each child's pace. My girl started 3 weeks ago in a class of 5 with 2 teachers. She cried for 2.5 weeks and refuse to follow instructions. There's another kid 2+yrs who settled in quickly and is already happily going about with his learning. But they have enough teachers to continue helping my girl to settle in.

Yet to come.....When its time for formal schooling we'll see how mature she is and if she is not ready by Jan we may send her to an international school (Year starts in August/Sept) :D