EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

nature59

I believe baby fairs will hv so many people n I got so much things I wanna buy there. Hope I got enough time. Better do some research before I go! Hoho!
Yeah I will be missing the baby fair over the 20-22nd july weekend. Will go for Taka fair..
B Zhai u sound so eggcited! =)

Jesamine

Hi hi!!

I'm in my 22nd week now and my baby is very active! You'll feel like something poking your tummy. *hahaha* But it's pretty amazing. :)

Anyway, if you're getting breast pump and all ... Avent and Mendela are of the best brands in my opinion. I've got myself Avent. As for strollers, I got myself Graco (US Brand). It comes with a baby carrier which can be converted into a car seat. It can also be ledged onto the pram and the baby will be facing you. You can also use it as a normal pram whereby the baby will face front. It has a sizeable storage compartment below the pram for all your stuffs that you'll have to bring along. The cover is also very extendable to be able to almost cover the whole top (leaving a 5 - 10cm gap from the bar). I find it good because it acts as a sun shade. Seat is super soft and sides/gadgets are accident free. Amongst other brands .. Quinny ... Peg Perego .. Maxi Cosi are not bad ... I personally do not really fancy Quinny as it takes up alot of storage space as you'll need to remove the seat before folding (depends on model). All in all, I think it boils down to personal preference. :)

Happy shopping!!!

nature59

Hi hi!!

I'm in my 22nd week now and my baby is very active! You'll feel like something poking your tummy. *hahaha* But it's pretty amazing. :)

Anyway, if you're getting breast pump and all ... Avent and Mendela are of the best brands in my opinion. I've got myself Avent. As for strollers, I got myself Graco (US Brand). It comes with a baby carrier which can be converted into a car seat. It can also be ledged onto the pram and the baby will be facing you. You can also use it as a normal pram whereby the baby will face front. It has a sizeable storage compartment below the pram for all your stuffs that you'll have to bring along. The cover is also very extendable to be able to almost cover the whole top (leaving a 5 - 10cm gap from the bar). I find it good because it acts as a sun shade. Seat is super soft and sides/gadgets are accident free. Amongst other brands .. Quinny ... Peg Perego .. Maxi Cosi are not bad ... I personally do not really fancy Quinny as it takes up alot of storage space as you'll need to remove the seat before folding (depends on model). All in all, I think it boils down to personal preference. :)

Happy shopping!!!
Hi Jesamine, i like those strollers that I can see the baby.. thanks for the recommendation! I will check out Graco as well then.
Am thinking of Peg but the baby will not be facing me or Quinny for the convenience of the car seat onto the stroller but hard to manage it if im out alone.. hah

Hi Jesamine, i like those strollers that I can see the baby.. thanks for the recommendation! I will check out Graco as well then.
Am thinking of Peg but the baby will not be facing me or Quinny for the convenience of the car seat onto the stroller but hard to manage it if im out alone.. hah
dear mummy u can try out the reviews below.. i think all the strollers reviewed are pretty good strollers

You can get it from pharmacies - watsons and guardian sell them too...

Hi Babyeskimo, where can I get the neurogain from? I'm not sure about that but my friends are doing that, for those who totally can't take the smell of the pregnancy milk.
B Zhai,
type of breastpump depends on how often you wish to pump - whether you are stay at home and pump once in a while type or working mom that needs to pump few times a day. Then you will be better off with double electric type. I agree with Jezamine, both are good brands. I myself got the Medela PISA as i was hoping to pump for confinement lady to feed (heheheh lazeyyy) at night but maybe thats wishful thinking.

I reserved a cot during the motherhood fair months back for about $450 including bedding and all. If you are thinking of using the bed until toddler (2 years more), try to look for one that has at least a height of 22inches between the top of the mattress and top of the rails. My nieces' cot is too small for her at 2 years old - the top of the cot is at her shoulder/armpit area and it is getting dangerous already. that cot had only 18 inches between top of mattress and rails. hope it helps... i took a measuring tape with me to buy my bed! heehee

Hi ladies, I have a packet of trial Annum chocolate, is anyone interested? I can mail it to you if you send me your address. I asked for the sample but only took the vanilla pack then had to stop, was having diarrhea so reckon I'm not suited for pregnancy milk powder. Same goes for similac so I'm not taking any pregnancy milk. Let me know if any of you taking and want the pack.

For calcium, im taking calcium pills 600mg on top of what's in my multi vits and a glass of milk almost daily. Gynae said aim for 1000mg should be sufficient.

Jesamine

Hi Katherine,

I bought mine when i was in KL for holiday last month. :p They're much cheaper in Malaysia though. I think there aren't many Graco choices in Singapore. I've seen quite alot of prams in some shops in Nex or You can try during the baby fair in Isetan starting tomorrow.

Or try Graco-Stroller-KiddySky-The Baby Shop,Singapore

Oh, another thing .. I avoided buying those with wheels that needs to be pumped. Something like a bicycle wheel. Kinda lazy to pump. Wondering if it goes flat halfway when we're out .. esp if I'm alone .. hmmm ... not a good idea. :p

nature59

Hi Katherine,

I bought mine when i was in KL for holiday last month. :p They're much cheaper in Malaysia though. I think there aren't many Graco choices in Singapore. I've seen quite alot of prams in some shops in Nex or You can try during the baby fair in Isetan starting tomorrow.

Or try Graco-Stroller-KiddySky-The Baby Shop,Singapore

Oh, another thing .. I avoided buying those with wheels that needs to be pumped. Something like a bicycle wheel. Kinda lazy to pump. Wondering if it goes flat halfway when we're out .. esp if I'm alone .. hmmm ... not a good idea. :p
Thanks Jesamine, can I check which model you took? I saw the Mirage,Ultimate plus dont have the feature that allows the baby to be facing you?

Many thanks!

Jesamine

Hi Nature,

You need to ledge the baby carrier on the pram itself and the baby seated/sleep in the baby carrier. If you would prefer the whole stroller to switch position (without the extra carrier to be ledged) .. i think Quiny has a model that you can remove the seat and flip it over .. but that model would need to have the seat removed before you can keep it in the car boot (if i recall correctly). There's also another brand (i can't remember) where the handle can be flipped around but that pram itself is not sturdy that's why I didn't get that.

joasiss

Katherine57:669790 said:
I finally found my postnatal massage lady! Phew... Called up a few and they are booked! This year really quite busy wor
What should we look out for when choosing the massage lady?

nature59

Hi Nature,

You need to ledge the baby carrier on the pram itself and the baby seated/sleep in the baby carrier. If you would prefer the whole stroller to switch position (without the extra carrier to be ledged) .. i think Quiny has a model that you can remove the seat and flip it over .. but that model would need to have the seat removed before you can keep it in the car boot (if i recall correctly). There's also another brand (i can't remember) where the handle can be flipped around but that pram itself is not sturdy that's why I didn't get that.
AH! Thanks Jesamine!