EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

Ibie

Anyone drinking milk for pregnant mum here? I an trying out samples for Dumex, Similac and Annum. Still cannot decide between Dumex or Annum.
Hello Ibie,I'm drinking Anmum materna chocolate milk. I tried a few brands like Friso,Dumex,Nan..Nan was the worst. It was soooo sweet. Anyway,I don't understand why all the maternal milk comes in vanilla taste instead of just milk taste..all tasted sweet to me. Anmum vanilla was still acceptable but I settled on Anmum choco just so I would have the motivation to drink it. But recently getting kind of lazy and stopped drinking everyday..I still need to finish another 5 packs which I have already bought.. =P
Hi Apricotgem, I've tried the Annum chocolate too and it made it so mcj easier to drink, almost taste like Milo but can be very heaty. Ever side I started drinking mummy milk and taking iron pills, i started to develop mouth ulcers, guess I may have too much iron intake already. :eek:

Ibie

Hi mummies here are the baby fair events:

Isetan Baby Fair
12 Jul to 9 Aug

Taka Baby Fair
18 Jul to 5 Aug

Expo Baby Fair
20 Jul to 22 Jul

Ibie

Teriwinkle, I went for the Robinsons sale at Raffles City last weekend. The variety are limited, and they dun even display or sell the baby cot there, salesgal told me only available at Centrepoint. Guess is better to go Centrepoint where all items advertised will be there. I plan to check out the isetan baby sale next week at scots since Taka fair only starts next week.

Hi,

Can I know where to get the maternal milk samples?
Hello FirstTimeDad,

U can ask your Gynae if they have any milk samples, else u can get them online from the respective brands website. But the samples usually take quite long to come, could be about few weeks to 2months..

Is there a need to take neurogain if we are already taking fish oil since fish oil also contains dha? What is the difference between the two?
From what I know, neurogain is a type of fish oil too. The Gynae said if we take fish like salmon regularly, actually not really needed..just that I find it more convenient and I only like salmon as sashimi which we can't eat now..=P

teriwinkle

apricotgem:670617 said:
From what I know, neurogain is a type of fish oil too. The Gynae said if we take fish like salmon regularly, actually not really needed..just that I find it more convenient and I only like salmon as sashimi which we can't eat now..=P
Yes I just realized that it is also a fish oil supplement lol! My gynae gave me natal care plus for my fish oil supplement that only contains 102mg of dha while neurogain has 320mg of dha. Am thinking of switching the brand on my own.

It is said that DHA and EPA, both present in fish oil, are good for growing fetus. EPA supports the heart, immune system, and inflammatory response. DHA supports the brain, eyes, and central nervous system which is why it is uniquely important for pregnant and lactating women. However, some studies indicate that relatively high amounts of EPA in pregnancy may have a negative impact on fetal growth. I have not come across the actual amount that 'relatively high' means...

I have chosen to take neurogain because it is formulated specifically for pregnant/lactating women - supposedly it has high DHA and low EPA (relative ratio).
It might be overkill to take both fish oil (depending on your dosage) and neurogain - maybe just check with gynae if u should switch or stay with the fish oil that you are already taking.

Is there a need to take neurogain if we are already taking fish oil since fish oil also contains dha? What is the difference between the two?

I'm taking blackmore pregnancy gold which has DHA. Last time my Raffles Hospital gynae checked that and said the DHA amount is okay. She didn't say anything about EPA though

teriwinkle

babyeskimo:671028 said:
It is said that DHA and EPA, both present in fish oil, are good for growing fetus. EPA supports the heart, immune system, and inflammatory response. DHA supports the brain, eyes, and central nervous system which is why it is uniquely important for pregnant and lactating women. However, some studies indicate that relatively high amounts of EPA in pregnancy may have a negative impact on fetal growth. I have not come across the actual amount that 'relatively high' means...

I have chosen to take neurogain because it is formulated specifically for pregnant/lactating women - supposedly it has high DHA and low EPA (relative ratio).
It might be overkill to take both fish oil (depending on your dosage) and neurogain - maybe just check with gynae if u should switch or stay with the fish oil that you are already taking.
Thanks babyeskimo! Shall check with my gynae too since my appointment is this week!

It's $30 for a bottle of 60 tabs, take 2 a day so it's one month supply .

Sorry, just took a look at the content. It has DHA n EPA n fish oil though my RH gynae concerns was only about DHA back then. DHA 125mg per tab and EPA 25mg per tab. Can buy from
Watsons n guardian and department stores like John little or robinsons. I usually load up during sale so it's cheaper. This can be taken during breast feeding as well

teriwinkle

It's $30 for a bottle of 60 tabs, take 2 a day so it's one month supply .

Sorry, just took a look at the content. It has DHA n EPA n fish oil though my RH gynae concerns was only about DHA back then. DHA 125mg per tab and EPA 25mg per tab. Can buy from
Watsons n guardian and department stores like John little or robinsons. I usually load up during sale so it's cheaper. This can be taken during breast feeding as well
Thanks for the info!

B zhai

My gynae nv give me fish oil too. Ask me eat fish only. I bought ocean health omega 3 fish oil. Has dha 125 mg also.

allele

Hi! Anyone going for the Taka Baby fair? This is my first child and I really have no idea what are the essential things to buy other than stroller, baby cot, clothes? Mind to share what else I need for a newborn? Like must-have items..

joasiss

allele:671436 said:
Hi! Anyone going for the Taka Baby fair? This is my first child and I really have no idea what are the essential things to buy other than stroller, baby cot, clothes? Mind to share what else I need for a newborn? Like must-have items..
I got a simple checklist for new parents from mothercare's brochure stand. Some items are not necessary but i think its a quick start on things to buy.