EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

allele,
i think these are very good advice:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f106/omg-what-buy-35765/
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f171/essential-baby-parenting-items-77122/

as joasiss mentioned, you can start off with robinsons/mothercare brochures... n buy what u need in the first 3-6 mths ish. i am only getting cotbed and breastfeeding items (incl. pump, warmer and sterilizer) for the 'bigger items'. stroller can get later as i won't be going out much (prob just doc's visit) during the first 3 months.
don't buy too much clothes as they grow out of it soon, bibs will be useful at least till 2 years old so those are ok to buy upfront. changing and bathing items also important.
one mother in the posts above mentioned about a nightlight and bottle warmer - when you have to do feeds many times a night, not waking up husband and not nipping out to heat up bottle helps a lot. thats a good way to think about the things that are more important to stock up now.

also remember to remove tags of clothing item and wash them before baby arrives :)

this page is useful for final preparations and hospital bag checklist:
Final preparations before delivering baby #2 | Mummy's Reviews

i would like to check out the taka fair too!

Hi! Anyone going for the Taka Baby fair? This is my first child and I really have no idea what are the essential things to buy other than stroller, baby cot, clothes? Mind to share what else I need for a newborn? Like must-have items..

nature59

allele,
i think these are very good advice:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f106/omg-what-buy-35765/
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f171/essential-baby-parenting-items-77122/

as joasiss mentioned, you can start off with robinsons/mothercare brochures... n buy what u need in the first 3-6 mths ish. i am only getting cotbed and breastfeeding items (incl. pump, warmer and sterilizer) for the 'bigger items'. stroller can get later as i won't be going out much (prob just doc's visit) during the first 3 months.
don't buy too much clothes as they grow out of it soon, bibs will be useful at least till 2 years old so those are ok to buy upfront. changing and bathing items also important.
one mother in the posts above mentioned about a nightlight and bottle warmer - when you have to do feeds many times a night, not waking up husband and not nipping out to heat up bottle helps a lot. thats a good way to think about the things that are more important to stock up now.

also remember to remove tags of clothing item and wash them before baby arrives :)

this page is useful for final preparations and hospital bag checklist:
Final preparations before delivering baby #2 | Mummy's Reviews

i would like to check out the taka fair too!
Thank you Babyeskimo! Its really helpful.

I guess we will see each other at the Taka fair mummies!

My gf recommends lots of mittens and hankies. She said needs lots of change of those.

Btw, any of you considering buying those soft cloth books for your baby? Just wondering if it is cheaper to buy from US or UK...

teriwinkle

Hi lynnmun, welcome here. Below is a consolidated list of genders for all the mummies in this thread.

Nature - Boy
Ibie - Girl
Teriwinkle - Girl
Ryuichi - Boy
Babyeskimo - Boy
Joasiss - Boy
Chaw - Boy
Ladynana - Boy
Katherine - Boy
D0lphinz - Girl (Tentative)
MummyValerie - Boy
Gracelkw - Boy
Lynnmun - Girl

teriwinkle

Yup, my friend recommends the same too. Soft cloth books? Is it too early? Lolol.

Katherine57:671639 said:
My gf recommends lots of mittens and hankies. She said needs lots of change of those.

Btw, any of you considering buying those soft cloth books for your baby? Just wondering if it is cheaper to buy from US or UK...

yes, so does my sister... the hankies are really useful - she uses it to wipe mouth, line bib (if the bib is too low, prevents neck area from getting wet when they burp), wipe baby down (she does one time bath and one time wipe down a day), sometimes baby doesn't drink milk/pause can also wrap it around bottle for a short while (instead of warmer) i bought a dozen cotton from those old malaysian sundry shop for RM4.90, also another dozen from metro at S$9.90 recently.

mittens - they always put it in mouth so will get wet n smelly easily if don't change like 4 - 5 times a day

i want cloth books too! lamaze is rather expensive tho. do you think if we buy together we will save much overall? don't know if it makes it cheaper...

allele

Thanks for sharing mummies! It's useful indeed as for what essential things to buy for new parent like me : )

Btw, it's a GIRL for my baby!

teriwinkle

Nature - 10 Nov - Boy
Ibie - Girl
Teriwinkle - 3 Nov - Girl
Ryuichi - Boy
Babyeskimo - Boy
Joasiss - Boy
Chaw - Boy
Ladynana - Boy
Katherine - Boy
D0lphinz - Girl (Tentative)
MummyValerie - Boy
Gracelkw - Boy
Lynnmun - 16 Nov - Girl
Allele - Girl
Jesamine - 17 Nov - Girl

Do you mummies think we should include the EDD in as well so we know who is gg into labour first? Lol. We have more girls now too!

teriwinkle, mine is like normal handkerchief.... i think should be ok. can splurge on nice, cotton, organic ones... but at $12 for 2, i think its crazy. so i bot cheap ones.

its kinda like towels - some people use normal towel, i bought some 'baby towels' but they don't seem that soft also... not cheap too! n hankies have even less contact with skin (you won't wipe *that* hard, more like dab dab here n there)

Hi babyeskimo, do we need to get really soft texture for the hankies?

teriwinkle

babyeskimo:671785 said:
teriwinkle, mine is like normal handkerchief.... i think should be ok. can splurge on nice, cotton, organic ones... but at $12 for 2, i think its crazy. so i bot cheap ones.

its kinda like towels - some people use normal towel, i bought some 'baby towels' but they don't seem that soft also... not cheap too! n hankies have even less contact with skin (you won't wipe *that* hard, more like dab dab here n there)
Great! I don't want to splurge on hankies, hopefully the baby fairs sell cheaper baby towels!