EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

oh, and anyone tried the postpartum products from this little dreamers site b4?

any feedback? very tempted to get the warming shampoo and the healing bottom spray for confinement use...

talking about confinement, is it helping if we use dry shampoo? one of my friend said after 2 weeks it wont help alrd. the other friend said use dry shampoo will make ur hair feel worse, better to just use none.

If really dry shampoo useful, can share where to buy and the brand? So far i only saw those sold at sephora but it's so exp! I'm not sure if those chinese meds shop got sell or not..

I saw they have dry shampoo in the website, but is it good?

felicity

Ya lor I also dunno good or not... But prenatal class mrs Wong say not good to use powder shampoo or dun shampoo... After one mth clog up all the hair ducts end up become botak... Haha... For me is I hv oily scalp so if dun shampoo sure clogged up w oil n hair all stinky n oily... I can't even tahan no shampoo for 2 days... Already v disgusting. Usually shampoo everyday... Somemore need to hv basic hygiene lvl to take care of bb... So I intend to cut my long hair super short like men's cut n blow dry immediately... The sacrifices ppl make for bb... :/

Jesskoo

For mi, I did try out dry shampoo before. Quite long time ago. Brought it from Chinese medical hall. Before and aft used still the same leh! Dunno y? So I juz use a small towel to wrap my hair up for 12 days den wash!

lizzy2101

I had my gynae appt. yesterday and good news baby is not breech anymore! He's currently 2.2kg at 33 weeks 6 days :) as for the pump i bought avent duo electric breast pump. I bought cos of the reviews, it says quieter than other brands plus the parts is easy to get. Bought 550 at taka fair with cool free gift like breast pads, storage cups, breast gel pads and 6 oz feeding bottle ( which i wont use cos I prefer MAM bottle). As for the shampoo i heard this brand is good for confinement, Amazon.com: Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo 1 oz: Beauty (i havent try tho) although i dont think i will use it cos im used to shampoo twice a day :p i dont think it will help me, and in my country we dont have strict confinement same as chinese tradition, we just dont bathe on the 1st day after giving birth.. But we do have jamu massage too so after hospital discharge, i already schedule a masseuse :)

felicity

I bought earth mama bottom spray not sure about this one tho, the bottom spray i got so far good reviews and recommended by a friend.
icic... where can get the earth mama bottom spray? i was looking at the site cos it's local i suppose delivery will be fast?

felicity

I had my gynae appt. yesterday and good news baby is not breech anymore! He's currently 2.2kg at 33 weeks 6 days :) as for the pump i bought avent duo electric breast pump. I bought cos of the reviews, it says quieter than other brands plus the parts is easy to get. Bought 550 at taka fair with cool free gift like breast pads, storage cups, breast gel pads and 6 oz feeding bottle ( which i wont use cos I prefer MAM bottle). As for the shampoo i heard this brand is good for confinement, Amazon.com: Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo 1 oz: Beauty (i havent try tho) although i dont think i will use it cos im used to shampoo twice a day :p i dont think it will help me, and in my country we dont have strict confinement same as chinese tradition, we just dont bathe on the 1st day after giving birth.. But we do have jamu massage too so after hospital discharge, i already schedule a masseuse :)
lizzy great! no more breech and of a good weight~ ^^ i hv also called a malay lady for my postpartum massage.

i will definitely bathe during confinement... i cannot live without bathing or shampoo also... each day i perspire until v stinky and sticky all over one, cannot stand it! i believe what Mrs Wong says at my prenatal class and my mum is also convinced (she also saw articles about confinement on newspaper that says hygiene most impt and everyday should bathe in our humid weather, even during confinement)... she said last time no clean water for bathing and no proper episiotomy and stitching, therefore cannot bathe for fear wound get infected, plus olden China has winter and dry weather etc. now just need to make sure use warm water bathe and wipe v dry.

Lingz12

lizzy2101:680728 said:
Congrats Lizzy! No longer breech is good news! I oso jus went for gynae appt last week.. My girl is still consistently small at 2kg at 34 weeks.. Nothing I eat seems to make her grow faster.. Gynae said she should be a small bb.. The thing is, bb small but mummy huge.. My weight gain is so horrible at 17kg at 34 weeks.. I like to believe 5kg is water retention lor.. I look like a swollen hippo.. :(

I have not booked postnatal massage yet.. U girls are so fast.. I gotten a contact from a fren's fren but could not reach her yet.. Sighz.. If I still can't get her by next week I tink I would need to source an alternative..

As for the bottom healing spray u girls are talking about.. What is that? Haha.. Totally clueless.. Dun even noe we need to buy such things.. Haha..

As Edd comes nearer, I'm getting more nervous.. I keep telling hubby that I'm totally not prepared! I'm afraid I dunno how to take care of bb, dunno how to breastfeed, dunno how to soothe her, dunno how to make her sleep etc.. But to him, he tinks as long as the cot is ready and there's clothes for bb to wear, bottles to feed bb with, all is well.. Man.. -_-"

lizzy2101

Congrats Lizzy! No longer breech is good news! I oso jus went for gynae appt last week.. My girl is still consistently small at 2kg at 34 weeks.. Nothing I eat seems to make her grow faster.. Gynae said she should be a small bb.. The thing is, bb small but mummy huge.. My weight gain is so horrible at 17kg at 34 weeks.. I like to believe 5kg is water retention lor.. I look like a swollen hippo.. :(

I have not booked postnatal massage yet.. U girls are so fast.. I gotten a contact from a fren's fren but could not reach her yet.. Sighz.. If I still can't get her by next week I tink I would need to source an alternative..

As for the bottom healing spray u girls are talking about.. What is that? Haha.. Totally clueless.. Dun even noe we need to buy such things.. Haha..

As Edd comes nearer, I'm getting more nervous.. I keep telling hubby that I'm totally not prepared! I'm afraid I dunno how to take care of bb, dunno how to breastfeed, dunno how to soothe her, dunno how to make her sleep etc.. But to him, he tinks as long as the cot is ready and there's clothes for bb to wear, bottles to feed bb with, all is well.. Man.. -_-"
Dont worry Ling, motherhood is a natural instinct! You'll know what to do when the time comes :) im turning 34 weeks in 2 days so our baby isnt much diff in weight, soe more mine is boy so tummy is bigger than girl :) (doctor gets the estimated weight by the size of the tummy) and i have gained 15.6 kg in 33 and 5 days so we are about the same, and i have alot of water my gynae said :) so dw with yours prolly is only water! As for the bottom spray, it's good for natural brth with episiotomy... It acts like a slight pain killer in a spray and disinfectant. So everytime you change pads or go for pee after giving birth you spray it! :D My post natal massage I bought it in package last baby fair in expo from beauty.mums and babies, they have clinic in paragon so maybe you can try there if you cant find any. My friend who just gave birth bought the same package and already finished hers so can guarantee it is a good one cos she already experienced it :)

Last edited:

felicity

I've been reading up on healing for episiotomy... But I see mostly is non local sites, hospital will provide dermoplast spray and witch hazel wipes... For healing and numbing purposes and need to use immediately after delivery to soothe the wound... TMC got provide wat? I v clueless wor... Saw those healing sprays online so hoping to get something that can hv soothing effects on wounds...

lizzy2101

I've been reading up on healing for episiotomy... But I see mostly is non local sites, hospital will provide dermoplast spray and witch hazel wipes... For healing and numbing purposes and need to use immediately after delivery to soothe the wound... TMC got provide wat? I v clueless wor... Saw those healing sprays online so hoping to get something that can hv soothing effects on wounds...
5 years ago when i gave birth there, they only give me a liquid thingy to put in a swab to wipe on your wound not a spray thingy so it was painful. :/

Lingz12

Thanks Lizzy! I realli hope this natural instinct kicks in real quick.. If not I will be a complete mess..

Okok.. Mayb I will buy the bottom spray u recommend.. Hee.. :D

Hi all...

The bottom spray that you mentioned, is it only for normal birth? c sect no need to use??

i'm thinking of getting too, but i still dunno if i can deliver naturally or not. Hopefully this coming friday when i have my scheduled visit i can ask my gynae to estimate the birth weight and estimate the probability of me delivering naturally..

sapphire

hi mummies... i noticed most of you are delivering at TMC.... anyone delivering at Mt A?? Do they provide pkgs for babies too??

lizzy2101

Hi all...

The bottom spray that you mentioned, is it only for normal birth? c sect no need to use??

i'm thinking of getting too, but i still dunno if i can deliver naturally or not. Hopefully this coming friday when i have my scheduled visit i can ask my gynae to estimate the birth weight and estimate the probability of me delivering naturally..
Only for normal delivery :) and pur only online unless some baby stores sell them but i think would be more pricey...