EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Jofeny

Any mummies here feel like the baby is shaking/quivering/ in the tummy sometimes? Mine just did that last night and i was kinda worried because i do feel this occasionally since like 2 weeks ago. It lasted for like 1-2 secs only. But the movement is definetely not kicking/stretching/hiccups. By now, i can definetely differentiate those movements. She did this just now when i had my nightly routine of exposing my tummy and talk to her, so i can see this shaking/jerking movements very clearly last night.

Google said it is possible that baby have seizures inside and when born might develop epilepsy or angelman syndrome. I'm so so worried.. I dun think my friends/colleague experience this.. HOWWW?!?!!!
Dun scare yourself mummy. I only heard u need to b scared if bb doesn't move. I think any movement is better than no movement.

Sometimes website stuff u need to jus filter. Not all is right de. I'm sure your bb is ok. Most of the bb r ok de. I think Tmc quoted like 85-90%, dun worry. The more u worry, the more tensed u r, n bb can feel it. Tell yourself is ok. Bb is moving, just that the dance steps r a bit different. :)

i feel it, though very seldom. but i wasn't alarmed at all, nv do any research so not worried (ignorance is bliss?)... most of the times bb still kicking and active... but these two days bb seems to be pushing against my tummy.. until very stretche and tight >< no pain though, just mild discomfort.

Ya mine is very seldom too, but same as yours, because after it happened the baby still moving about and stretching my tummy like crazy, so i thought she's okay inside. Only 2 nights ago when i was opening my shirt and exposing my tummy open, it happened again and i saw it, kinda scares me. I thought i better post it in forum to see if other mommies feel this too..

I will check with my gynae next week. Did yours feel like really shivers? Like spasm?

Dun scare yourself mummy. I only heard u need to b scared if bb doesn't move. I think any movement is better than no movement.

Sometimes website stuff u need to jus filter. Not all is right de. I'm sure your bb is ok. Most of the bb r ok de. I think Tmc quoted like 85-90%, dun worry. The more u worry, the more tensed u r, n bb can feel it. Tell yourself is ok. Bb is moving, just that the dance steps r a bit different. :)

Thanks jofeny.. I tried not to think about it much. and will just check with gynae next visit. so far baby still stretching around although not so much kicking.. so i think she's quite okay inside..

My PD is from Tmc too to make things easier jus in case I need to meet the PD when I'm in the hospital.

I also ask my Gynae if she has any recommendations n if she has any preference to work with any PD. I feel the partnership between the docs r impt too jus in case if they have any conflict, I dun wan to b in that situation.

My Fren recommended doc Ang Ai Tin from Tmc. She seems v popular. In the bb room at Tmc, I think almost 80% of the babies r under her.

Is she good? Hmm.. Frankly I Duno. In fact when my bb is out n when I first see her, I wasn't v pleased with her. It was day 2, n I was zz (she do room visit like 8am) she on my ward lights.. Come in talk like machine gun n went out. I was totally caught off guard. I think she is in my room less than 1min. but day 2, I'm more prepared then arm her questions. The PD n gynae will visit the mum from day 2 on. When subsequently I visit her in her office, I feel she is better n more patient with us. (maybe can't really blame her for rushing during ward visit because she is really v busy.) I heard that she is v good at diagnosing n can pre empt us of there is anything we need to b careful. Luckily my bb is ok, maybe that's why she got no chance to display her skills to me. But the subsequent visits I'm actually ok (v to the point kind) with her, so will jus stick to her for now. U girls may also read on forum to see if there is any recommendations from other mummies.

My Gynae also prefer to get the PD from hospital first, n when bb is discharged, then we can transfer PD. But it's all up to u.

I get my PD from Tmc, so I jus give the name to my Gynae n she arranged everything. I know some ppl get their PD outside, that kind I wun know how the arrangement will be.

Y why dun wan to vaccine your bb earlier? I think it's v impt. Especially now virus is everywhere, even in hospital. N with so Many friends n relatives who will b visiting the bb n passing bb here n there, the bb is exposing to a lot of risk.

My frens who got bb same age as mine, Many r starting to fall sick even though they are at home most of the time. ESP if they r not breastfeeding. Breastfeeding allows antibodies from mum to bb, but those on fm really dun have any antibodies.

Once your bb is born, I think day 2 n 3, they will b given bcg n hep b injection, before they r even discharged.

I think u need to consider properly u y wan to inject later.

Jofeny, did u meet with ur PD before you give ur gynae her name? We dont need to meet with the PD first?

I think choosing PD is like choosing gynae also, depends on each individuals on which one can click with us. I will ask if my gynae has any PD in mind to recommend me..

Omg i didnt know the baby after 2 or 3 will be injected alrd.. I dont think i will do that, not sure about what my hubby thinks though. I thought like 1 week after discharge then we will start talking about vaccination alrd.

If i can tbf then i will delay the vaccination, and if i cant then i will consider of vaccinate her earlier. But so far my decision is not based on any discussion with professionals, is based on what i read and hear people say around me. i'm not sure if vaccination is a topic that i can discuss with my gynae, but i think i will just try to ask see what her view on this.

Jofeny

Nope.. Didn't meet the PD before.. For my case..

But TBF is not a sure thing to vaccinate against the many virus. What's the real reason u wish to delay, u worry the bb is painful? Or u worry bb is fussy or lose weight?

Bb got many many vaccine to go these days. Every month from deliver until month 6.. Then there are a few month until 18months. I think easily >10 vaccines.

The later u give them, u r allowing the bb to b at risk more. Unless u r telling me u r not going to vaccine the bb, then ok. But if u r going to vaccine, then u shd do it earlier. ESP virus like hep b, it can pass thru saliva. I can't imagine if a hep B carrier (Fren/relative.. Sorry) kiss your bb, sorry I v ks, I can't take the risk. I even give my bb all the optional jabs now..

I would say now I'm like 90% on bf, on n off my bb still get a bit of cough n flu.. Hmmm

Nope.. Didn't meet the PD before.. For my case..

But TBF is not a sure thing to vaccinate against the many virus. What's the real reason u wish to delay, u worry the bb is painful? Or u worry bb is fussy or lose weight?

Bb got many many vaccine to go these days. Every month from deliver until month 6.. Then there are a few month until 18months. I think easily >10 vaccines.

The later u give them, u r allowing the bb to b at risk more. Unless u r telling me u r not going to vaccine the bb, then ok. But if u r going to vaccine, then u shd do it earlier. ESP virus like hep b, it can pass thru saliva. I can't imagine if a hep B carrier (Fren/relative.. Sorry) kiss your bb, sorry I v ks, I can't take the risk. I even give my bb all the optional jabs now..

I would say now I'm like 90% on bf, on n off my bb still get a bit of cough n flu.. Hmmm

yep i heard my friend said even if u give mmr jab, doesnt mean ur baby totally immunne alrd, some might still get measles later in life.

from what i know that baby's antibody still frail and not so mature yet, if you give a jab, it takes at least 6 months for the body to "digest" this new element. So based on this research, to avoid the possible side effects of vaccination as well, better to give the baby vaccines when the baby is 2 years old and 1 vaccine for each 6 months period. highly not recommended to vaccinate the baby with those package one, like 6 in1 jab.. I'm not sure whats in that 6in1 jab either actually, i only found out got 6in1 jab in sg after i read up all these things..

Oh btw, i delay is because i heard that for schools and preschools in sg, requires the kids to be vaccinated before they enter. so i cant totally not vaccinate them if i want to put the baby in child care, thats why i hope i can delay it instead..

but if u're saying delaying is worse than not vaccinate, this one i really dunno why.. lolz.. is it coz when they older their body might have some resistance to the vaccines?

Last edited:

Jofeny

I think no jabs is 100% de.. It's jus merely a precaution.. Virus mutate so fast now.. They easily outsmart the jabs.. But at least the basic vaccine is there..

Hmm ok.. But u r going to do something so different from other mummies jus based on 1 research? I feel its risky.. There r so many research everyday.. ESP now is bb health u r talking abt.. I wun take the risk la.. Hmm.. Perhaps u shd discuss with the PD will b better.. Seek professional advise.. Of cos eventually u do what u think is right. N ya.. Bb are injected with bcg (day 2) n hep b (day 3) when in hospital. So if u do not want it u need to inform the hospital.

Oh.. What I mean Is if u r going to vaccinate your bb later, then u r exposing your bb to long period of zero vaccination. But if y r not going to give injection, then the "long" or "short" period doesn't exist because is all the way zero vaccination.

I think no jabs is 100% de.. It's jus merely a precaution.. Virus mutate so fast now.. They easily outsmart the jabs.. But at least the basic vaccine is there..

Hmm ok.. But u r going to do something so different from other mummies jus based on 1 research? I feel its risky.. There r so many research everyday.. ESP now is bb health u r talking abt.. I wun take the risk la.. Hmm.. Perhaps u shd discuss with the PD will b better.. Seek professional advise.. Of cos eventually u do what u think is right. N ya.. Bb are injected with bcg (day 2) n hep b (day 3) when in hospital. So if u do not want it u need to inform the hospital.

Oh.. What I mean Is if u r going to vaccinate your bb later, then u r exposing your bb to long period of zero vaccination. But if y r not going to give injection, then the "long" or "short" period doesn't exist because is all the way zero vaccination.

Ohh ic ic.. Yaa i have yet to talk to my gynae or any PD yet. Not actually 1 research, but if you google it up you probably can see lots of comments about anti vaccination. Of course the side effects only affect a small number of babies worldwide, but again, it doesnt mean there isnt any. and yaa, i know the risk of not vaccinating and exposing them to more germs and bacterias, but if can tbf, i'm quite assured for now. Actually i dont mind vaccinate my baby with bcg, coz it's pretty basic and standard i feel, but not on day 2 after she was born.. probably after 1-2 weeks maybe.. i need to discuss with hubby too..

Did you do flu vaccine too? this one i heard is a total no-no because the vaccine itself contains mercury.

Jofeny

Oh ok. Ya.. Better seek advise n talk to the PD n hubby..

Oh. I din do anything that is out of recommendation. I jus do the vaccines that a sgp baby shd do. N including those optional ones (I think rotarix is optional n a few others.) I dun think flu vaccine is included. I know it's all the strange names that I can't recognize. Ha

Oh ok. Ya.. Better seek advise n talk to the PD n hubby..

Oh. I din do anything that is out of recommendation. I jus do the vaccines that a sgp baby shd do. N including those optional ones (I think rotarix is optional n a few others.) I dun think flu vaccine is included. I know it's all the strange names that I can't recognize. Ha
Yaa, no matter what i think, hubby also must give consent.. I just realized that the PDs recommended to me is not in TMC.. maybe i should look around again..

Jofeny

Depends on u.. U can still take them if u prefer them eventually.. but u need to ensure the logistics is done properly.. Like once delivered bb, the pd will b there.. Whether is it you contact the PD or the hospital will contact.

Depends on u.. U can still take them if u prefer them eventually.. but u need to ensure the logistics is done properly.. Like once delivered bb, the pd will b there.. Whether is it you contact the PD or the hospital will contact.

Right after baby is born, PD have to be there alrd? if i'm taking the one outside TMC, maybe i need to meet with them first before telling my gynae.. i sense some troublesome work.. haihz..

Jofeny

Day 2 on.. confirm PD will visit u.

Day 1 I din see the PD. I Duno if PD Got visit bb in the bb room (I suspect got).. Initial checks shd b done I think..

If wan to save trouble jus get the one at TMC when u deliver. after discharged then change.. Up to u. :)

Piglim

Felicity, if u r really keen in e cord banking, then u shld call their hotline and arrange for home visits.. Save u the trouble of waiting n going to their fairs... I took the 10 yrs package n paid $3.9k. (there's discount for FBI members) But note that it's an obligation to continue paying till the child turns 21. Of cos u can choose not to pay thereafter...you only lose the right to the cord blood. There r quite a lot of details to digest so I urge that u call n ask them personally...

Approaching end of 36 weeks which means baby can b considered full term!! Can't believe this... It just seems like yesterday when I was still complaining how come 180 days more to go....... Then now it's just 25 more days...... ;)

Mummies need ur advice on the pump. I m keen to buy medele pump (I noe it's pretty ex, but hubby only trust that brand) while hubby is intending to buy a dual pump (freestyle) I m looking at a single pump (swing)... The price is about half and my rationale is although dual pumps r faster and u can pump hands free.. I m quite skeptical... Firstly I read that sometimes when u pump milk will still flow out... So clipping the pump on my nursing bra doesn't make sense. Secondly, I can't imagine myself having two pumps attached to my breast at the same time=feels like a cow! Thirdly I heard that its difficult to pump two together becos u need one hand to hold the pump and the other hand to massage the breast? Sorry if I sound idiotic... Totally clueless bout this whole breast feeding although I hv attended the prenatal class... Lastly I tot of I really no milk.. Then paying $300+ for the single pump not so heart pain.... If u gals hv any experience or heard of any comments/suggestions pls share ya?

Piglim

My pd also Ang Ai tin-recommended by friend n gynae... So I booked her... The only disadvantage I hear is.. Her clinic super crowded n need to wait for a longggggg time. Actually I also dunno if she's really good or not. For my sis (she gave birth to a twins last year) she just let the hospital/gynae assign... Then after that, she heads to polyclinic for all the chk ups n vaccination. Cos she says see pd waste money. (she was telling me her friend see her pd pay $100+ while my sis paid only $20 or something like that for the same treatment/consultation) Treatment also the same plus for infants (less than 6 mths) no need to Q at polyclinic....so far her babies r healthy...my sis also quite please with the service from the polyclinic... Plus it's so convenient for her-almost at her doorstep!

I guess it's ur personal preference bah...

Jofeny

Mummies need ur advice on the pump. I m keen to buy medele pump (I noe it's pretty ex, but hubby only trust that brand) while hubby is intending to buy a dual pump (freestyle) I m looking at a single pump (swing)... The price is about half and my rationale is although dual pumps r faster and u can pump hands free.. I m quite skeptical... Firstly I read that sometimes when u pump milk will still flow out... So clipping the pump on my nursing bra doesn't make sense. Secondly, I can't imagine myself having two pumps attached to my breast at the same time=feels like a cow! Thirdly I heard that its difficult to pump two together becos u need one hand to hold the pump and the other hand to massage the breast? Sorry if I sound idiotic... Totally clueless bout this whole breast feeding although I hv attended the prenatal class... Lastly I tot of I really no milk.. Then paying $300+ for the single pump not so heart pain.... If u gals hv any experience or heard of any comments/suggestions pls share ya?
As I'm typing, I'm pumping using a dual pump. I feel heartpain to buy medela so i din buy because I Duno if I will have milk. But if I pump, I wan a dual one so that I dun waste time. End up I bought a Korean brand (uni mom forte) at $230 dual pump. It serves me well. N I think for that price is ok jus in case i dun have milk. But luckily I have.

To me.. A pump is a pump.. It draws air, creates vacuum to get the milk out. I think medela is seriously over priced. Me n my hubby keep fishes for long n have even handling even bigger pumps than breast pumps. N frankly pumps r not that expensive.

Ya.. Basically after u delivered.. Your job is a nanny, maid n a cow. I described myself as sugar cane. Really is suck dry dry. Haha.

I'm not using any nursing bra, removed my top n I'm holding the funnels directly. When u r more pro (after a few months), u can use 1 hand to support the 2 funnels with some of your leg help (sit down position, bottle on your tigh).

So when one hand is supporting both funnel, your other hand can text/massage as u pleased. Ha... Yes u will drop the bottle, spill some milk here n there, it's part n parcel of the whole process. Haha..

Last edited:

Jofeny

My pd also Ang Ai tin-recommended by friend n gynae... So I booked her... The only disadvantage I hear is.. Her clinic super crowded n need to wait for a longggggg time. Actually I also dunno if she's really good or not. For my sis (she gave birth to a twins last year) she just let the hospital/gynae assign... Then after that, she heads to polyclinic for all the chk ups n vaccination. Cos she says see pd waste money. (she was telling me her friend see her pd pay $100+ while my sis paid only $20 or something like that for the same treatment/consultation) Treatment also the same plus for infants (less than 6 mths) no need to Q at polyclinic....so far her babies r healthy...my sis also quite please with the service from the polyclinic... Plus it's so convenient for her-almost at her doorstep!

I guess it's ur personal preference bah...
Ang Ai tin clinic is super crowded but she is super fast too. Her nurse will ensure the next patient in Q to b waiting outside the room. She sees each bb in less than 5mins. So when u r there pls arm yourself with all the questions. I usually go there after 3pm, that's when the crowd is gone n she is more relaxed n more time for me.

Yup me too. PD I go Tmc see (ang Ai tin also) but vaccines i do at polyclinic. I did a calculation. To do all the jabs at polyclinic is abt $1k. But to do at Tmc is abt $1.5k. The thing abt Tmc package is every injection it includes PD review (abt 10times included in package), which actually explains y the difference of $500. Each visit to private PD is abt $50. Some of my frens prefer to go PD cos they feel that polyclinic nurses r not pro enuff, too much virus at polyclinic n they got question but no PD to ask at polyclinic. But I feel money down the drain if I got no questions. So end up I never take up with Tmc.

Actually polyclinic got PD. But dun expect much from them la. The first PD I met at poly I see is when bb is 3 months, there is a 3 month review. (other than that injection appt is jus nurse only) The cost to see polyclinic PD is $26 I think. I see the bill n this Amt is fully subsidized by the govt. End up I pay for the injections. So good.

N also polyclinic is right at my door step, I can reach there in 3mins. So end up jus take vaccines in polyclinic since need to go every month, easier for me too. N Tmc carpark is horrendous sometimes.

Last edited:

felicity

I asked my close galfriends (kids from 7 mths to almost 2) and they all nv choose pd... Say let gynae choose for the one check after delivery one, then later if really need due to any complications then find one u want n change but of course hope all is fine no need to specify one... So far so good for them n their babies... So I will just speak to my gynae on next appt.

Pump I'm getting freestyle because of convenience... If gg out or go back to work, easier to carry etc also. My galfriend can pump using freestyle (under a shawl) while singing ktv w us! Now I just hope hv supply!!

Piglim thanks for reminding me on cordlife!! I hv requested for the personnel to come to my place n gotten it signed just two days ago :) yup by end of this week is full term already!! So fast right?! This weekend busy with marking n setting papers, trying to clear as much things as possible n one final week in sch!! Wish us all safe n smooth delivery!!!

Just now I woke up feeling v hungry n continue to laze in bed then suddenly my tummy growled v loud n bb jumped v hard in my bump! :( must hv startled the poor bb...