Edd march 2012

Wai Tze

Mummies, do you shorten the duration of milk feeds once ur bb starts on cereal? Like for eg if previously the timing is every 4hr now shorten to every 3hrs? If not seems not able to fit in 4 milk feeds per day with the solids in between lei...
I'm having same problem! Someone please advise your feeding schedule. My baby sleeps at 9plus and won't wake up for milk till 7-8am.

katsg

I'm having same problem! Someone please advise your feeding schedule. My baby sleeps at 9plus and won't wake up for milk till 7-8am.
Ya, need experienced mummies to advise the time and feed for one whole day including solids in order not to overfeed bb and to ensure that bb gets the 4 feeds of milk daily...

xiaodaisy

Wow, last time heard from you that she sleeps most of the time. Now become hyper active ? @@

Ya, there are 2 teeth sprouting out from the lower jaw...:)
yup ! she sleeps lesser as compare as previously , now once she wake up , its hyper ! not a sec of peaceful moments , as she's busy with her crawling and cruising ..

no more newborn bed time hours , decrease to 16hrs -18hrs per day LOL !

added u le.. ;D
hmm ! didnt receive leh haha !

By the way, does ur bb rejects milk after tasting the sweetness of fruits purees? I wonder if bb will reject milk after tasting sweet stuffs?
so far so good ! nvr reject milk .. =)

if baby can sleep through , why wanna wake for feeds? just let them sleep , when hungry they will wake up for milk themselves =)

my feeding schedule usually 2 -3 solid per day .. 11am , 4pm & 8pm (if she have sleep den will skip it)

for feeding milk , i still feed on demand .. in between sometimes will feed her fruits & snacks .. =)

sherin86

mummies, does ur baby weight starts to slow down? my girl remains the same weight as previous mth... is it okay? i tot bb shld be increasing weight every mth?

Wai Tze

mummies, does ur baby weight starts to slow down? my girl remains the same weight as previous mth... is it okay? i tot bb shld be increasing weight every mth?
My boy weight is the same for the past 2 months. Only increased 200-300gm ever since 4 months till now. I think there's a period where their weight will stay stagnant.

Ya, need experienced mummies to advise the time and feed for one whole day including solids in order not to overfeed bb and to ensure that bb gets the 4 feeds of milk daily...
My schedule is very simple:
8am - Full milk feed (170mls)
11am - abt 30mls of cereal (white/brown alternate) + 120mls milk
2pm - Full milk feed
5pm - Avocado (abt 30-50mls) + 120mls milk
8pm - Full milk feed (200mls) - weird daughter seems to know its her last feed so can drink much more. Sometimes up to 250mls)

Preddy

My schedule is very simple:
8am - Full milk feed (170mls)
11am - abt 30mls of cereal (white/brown alternate) + 120mls milk
2pm - Full milk feed
5pm - Avocado (abt 30-50mls) + 120mls milk
8pm - Full milk feed (200mls) - weird daughter seems to know its her last feed so can drink much more. Sometimes up to 250mls)

hihi, my baby's feeding time quite similar to yours but not the amount of milk :(

8am - full milk feed (170ml)
12pm - white cereal (5 teaspoonfuls, not sure how much ml is that)
3pm - milk feed (170ml)
7pm - porridge prepared by my mum (with scallops/potatoes/carrots/cod fish)
10pm - milk feed (170ml)
5am - milk feed (170ml)

her weight seems to stagnate too, hovering around 7.5kg when i tot she shld hit 8kg when she reached 6 mths old. She's still not teething yet but she sort of can listen to some simple instructions ie hold your hands n lift up (which i posted on my facebook), she laughs alot and not scared of strangers. and she's more sticky when she sees my mum nowadays.

leesc

Hi Blithey07, preddy,

Seems like both ur bb feed every 3hourly. my girl is on every 4hourly with 180mls of bm. but she is sill gaining weight.

based on ur feeding schedule, does ur bb take their nap? N how long? my girl sometimes can sleep till 10am. then will feed her at 1130-12noon. If she wakes up early, I'll still feed her about the same timing too..

Hi Blithey07, preddy,

Seems like both ur bb feed every 3hourly. my girl is on every 4hourly with 180mls of bm. but she is sill gaining weight.

based on ur feeding schedule, does ur bb take their nap? N how long? my girl sometimes can sleep till 10am. then will feed her at 1130-12noon. If she wakes up early, I'll still feed her about the same timing too..
Yes, nap 30-45 mins after her 8am feed. Wake up play then feed at 11am. Nap again after her 2pm feed. Might nap again after her 5pm when I bring her to park. I hv kept to the 3 hourly feed since she was 2 weeks old. I stop BM after girl turns 5 months.

Preddy

Hi Blithey07, preddy,

she's a nap queen. sometimes can nap from 10 mins - 3 hours, n her feeding times will be haywire. we didn't really impose a strict daily timetable for her to follow as we feel she's still so young and probably won't keep to it. hence, she has a free reign on her timings. to check whether she's hungry, we'll call out "milk milk" and she will start being abit cranky n restless if she is and she'll continue playing if she isn't.
we only recently increased her milk intake from 150ml to 170ml n she's taking to it with not much of an issue. i read about some growth spurts where the baby will suddenly have an increased appetite etc n hopefully she'll have it soon so her weight can go northwards.

Stay

Just to share my schedule too...

7am : milk feed (190-230ml)
1030am: milk feed (200-220ml) + 45ml solids mixed with 30ml of BM
2pm ; milk feed (200-240ml)
530pm: milk feed (200-240ml) + 40ml cereal mixed with 40ml BM

Stay

Just to share my schedule too...

7am : milk feed (190-230ml)
1030am: milk feed (200-220ml) + 45ml solids mixed with 30ml of BM
2pm ; milk feed (200-240ml)
530pm: milk feed (200-240ml) + 40ml cereal mixed with 40ml BM
just to add, now i add 30ml of fruits at the 530pm feed...

Stay

Wow, and then ur bb can still drink a milk feed after that? Won't he feels full? @@
Actually he drinks before being fed solids. I guess he can take it coz otherwise he will refuse to open his mouth if he is full. But my baby has alway been quite a big drinker.